GA PT Schools 2020-2021 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reems112

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I made this thread to post updates for applications for GA DPT schools. Feel free to share your stats, ask questions, etc.

Good luck to everyone applying this cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone!
I just submitted my application to Georgia Southern (only school in GA I applied to)

My stats:

cGPA: 3.47
pGPA: 3.54
GRE: 150V 150Q 4.0 AWA

3000+ observation hours in multiple settings (2-outpatient clinics, VA Amputee Clinic, SNF)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone!
I applied to Mercer and Emory. I have an interview at Mercer September 26th.
cGPA:3.75
pGPA: 3.5-ish
GRE: 158V; 155Q; 5.0 AWA

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No, but i have close family there, which is why I'm applying to a few GA schools. I've spent some time at emory, but have never seen Mercer's Atlanta campus? Have you?

Hi everyone!
I applied to Mercer and Emory. I have an interview at Mercer September 26th.
cGPA:3.75
pGPA: 3.5-ish
GRE: 158V; 155Q; 5.0 AWA

Is your interview with Mercer in person or virtual? I plan to apply there and just curious what their plan is for interviews with covid

Did anyone that applied to Georgia Southern get the CASPER Snapshot email request? Just wondering if anyone has done it or could give any advice on how to prepare?

Did anyone that applied to Georgia Southern get the CASPER Snapshot email request? Just wondering if anyone has done it or could give any advice on how to prepare?

I got that as well but don't know much about it. I'm assuming it will just be 3 pretty basic interview/get to know you/why pt kind of questions, but any insight would be appreciated!

I did the CASPer snapshot for another school and it was actually really simple. 3 questions, 2 minutes to video yourself responding to each, no reshoots.

Hey everyone!
I'm applying to Emory, Georgia State, and Mercer and have interviews w/ Georgia State (sept. 11), Mercer (sept. 25), and Emory (11/13) ***was accepted to all 3
cGPA: 3.7
pGPA: 3.22-3.4ish
GRE: V 154 Q 157 5.0 AW

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone receive an invitation to interview for Georgia Southern? They said interviews would be around mid-October for the priority deadline.

Did anyone receive an invitation to interview for Georgia Southern? They said interviews would be around mid-October for the priority deadline.

Aside from the email informing applicants to complete the Snapshot, I have yet to hearing anything. I hope they let applicants know their decision for an interview even if they choose to not move forward with them.

Hey everyone!
I'm applying to Emory, Georgia State, and Mercer and have interviews w/ Georgia State (sept. 11) and Mercer (sept. 25)
cGPA: 3.7
pGPA: 3.22-3.4ish
GRE: V 154 Q 157 5.0 AW

How did your interview with Mercer go? I was just invited to interview for the end of October/early November dates and I’m currently debating if I’d rather have it virtual or in-person.

How did your interview with Mercer go? I was just invited to interview for the end of October/early November dates and I’m currently debating if I’d rather have it virtual or in-person.
I enjoyed it. I went in-person because I had never been to the campus before. We got to go on a tour which was nice. The interview day started with us being split into groups. My group first went and had a panel with current students. We asked all sorts of questions that they answered. After, we had out individual interviews with one faculty member that lasted about 30 minutes. Hope this helps!

Aside from the email informing applicants to complete the Snapshot, I have yet to hearing anything. I hope they let applicants know their decision for an interview even if they choose to not move forward with them.
Anyone hear back from Georgia Southern for an interview yet?

Anyone hear back from Georgia Southern for an interview yet?

Well that does not look good for me. Have you heard of anyone getting an email that they did not get an interview?
It's okay! Some schools take a little bit longer to respond than others! Don't lose hope!

Hi everyone! I wanted to share my stats for comparison with you all, so here they are!

University: California Polytechnic State University- San Luis Obispo (Cal Poly SLO)
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.62
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2-3.6 (depending on the school)
GRE: 155 V 155 Q 5.5 AW

Extracurriculars/volunteer: Health assessment club, coached sports for people with disabilities, research assistant for 2 years (honors senior project for 2 quarters), humane society volunteer, CPA firm office assistant for 2 years, CPR certification

Honors: cum laude honors, dean's list (8 quarters), president's list (2 academic years), W & A Sandercock Scholarship, essay published in Cal Poly SLO's English textbook

Hours: Over 1600 hours (2 years) as an outpatient pt aide (no inpatient experience due to covid)

Applying to (but haven't heard from yet): CSULB, Chapman, UCSF/SFSU, USC, Georgia State, Georgia Southern, Emory, UW, University of Colorado, Regis, and SDSU

Last edited:
Has anyone been denied from Georgia Southern yet?
I haven't heard anything yet, even though I thought they were sending them out relatively soon (the application deadline was much earlier than the other programs that I applied to). Let me know when you hear anything from them!

Has anyone heard anything from Georgia Southern or Georgia State?

I heard from Georgia Southern last week but I priority review. I did priority review for GSU as well, but I was "rolled into general admissions" and have not heard anything since late September.

I heard from Georgia Southern last week but I priority review. I did priority review for GSU as well, but I was "rolled into general admissions" and have not heard anything since late September.
Were you priority review? Did you receive an interview email last week?

I did not apply to Georgia Southern, but I was accepted to Georgia State. I submitted my application around September 12 and interviewed on October 23.

The interview was pretty standard - why did I want to be a PT, etc. The one question that threw me was "what is your personal slogan?" I really couldn't think of anything, so I fumbled around for a while. I guess that I was ok though because I go my acceptance not too long after the interview!

I just had my interview with Emory yesterday and it was pretty standard! I think we hear back in 2 weeks or so

What did they ask? And what date did you apply?
i applied September 14! If you applied after the 15 then your interviews aren’t until January I believe. They asked why you want to be a PT, why Emory, the good and bad things about how you communicate, explain a tough conversation with someone and what it taught you, and what achievement are you most proud of! Then you were given a chance to ask them questions.

Reactions: 1 users
I got an acceptance into Emory today! I interviewed on the 11/13 interview date.

Has anyone heard back from Mercer? I had an interview in late September and am waiting to hear back about it.

Has anyone heard back from Mercer? I had an interview in late September and am waiting to hear back about it.
Not yet. I interviewed on October 23rd and they told our group that we would hear back by December 23rd at the latest.

I interviewed in October and received an offer of admission about a week after. However, I just decided to decline my spot, so I hope it can be offered to one of you!

Has anyone heard back from Georgia State? I applied in August and I haven't heard anything from them :/

Has anyone heard back from Georgia State? I applied in August and I haven't heard anything from them :/
I interviewed in October and was accepted not long after. You might want to email admissions- they are very nice and helpful!

Has anyone applied to PCOM? And heard back from them or not yet?