California DPT Schools 2021-2022 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have officially declined Sacramento State and Fresno State and accepted the seat at San Diego State. I hope this helps someone here get off the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Final Stats

cGPA - around 3.47
pGPA - 3.6-3.8 (depending on the program)
GRE - 147V, 148Q, 4.0 W
Observation - 1000 InPatient (TBI/Spinal Cord Setting), 500 outpatient (Ortho)
Research - 4 graduate level research projects and 1 community outreach project while at SDSU
Life Experience - Worked in Sports Administration, Private Investigator, Coaching

Accepted and will be attending: San Diego State University
Acceptance: SDSU, Sacramento State, Fresno State, WesternU, George Fox University
Waitlisted: UCSF (Rejected the waitlist)
Rejections: None

The wait is over for me, however, I am still here if you have any questions! Best of luck you guys, this has been a stressful experience and I am glad i was able to meet so many like-minded people in the process.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Here are my stats:

Overall gpa: 3.82
Prereq gpa: 3.67
GRE: 145 V, 153 Q, 4.5 W
Observation: 3500+ outpatient, 130 inpatient hospital
Research: one semester undergraduate research assistant at SDSU
Experiences: Lead PT aide, member of SDSU Honors College, student clinician in SDSU fitness clinic

Accepted: USC residential, CSUN, MSMU, University of St. Augustine-San Marcos, Loma Linda
Waitlisted: UCSF
Waiting on: Chapman Fall Cohort
Rejections: none

I’m having a hard time decided on which school is the right choice. If anyone has any insight on CSUN vs. USC please feel free to comment! I know there is a huge difference in pricing but am wondering if usc has more to offer than just the name.

Just got off the waitlist for Fresno when I was at #14! Still waiting to hear back from CSUN and CSULB, but super happy that I got into my first California school :)

Just heard last night I was accepted into Western U! Has anyone heard anything from anyone in the program about how they like it or anything like that?

Anyone going to csulb?? I was wondering if there was a FB page or anything yet!

I'll be attending CSULB! I haven't heard anything yet but I think we should be expecting something later this month or early March

Also going to CSULB! When I responded to accept my spot Jeff replied saying we'd get a detailed email in late Feb/early March so criticaldpt is right! I haven't found a fb group but I'd be down to connect on ig/fb before that gets started

Reactions: 1 users
Also going to CSULB! When I responded to accept my spot Jeff replied saying we'd get a detailed email in late Feb/early March so criticaldpt is right! I haven't found a fb group but I'd be down to connect on ig/fb before that gets started
Yay!! I’m going to LB too :) yes we should!

Just heard last night I was accepted into Western U! Has anyone heard anything from anyone in the program about how they like it or anything like that?
I got into WesternU as well! I’ve heard great things about the faculty

Congrats!!!
If you dont mind me asking, when did you submit your application?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just heard I made the high-tier waitlist for CSUN. I have no idea what my chances of ultimately being accepted are, but I'm definitely hoping for the best!

I just heard I made the high-tier waitlist for CSUN. I have no idea what my chances of ultimately being accepted are, but I'm definitely hoping for the best!
I received the same! Good luck :)

I received the same! Good luck :)
Can I ask what your last name starts with? I've heard on here people who have been accepted and declined and now waitlisted. I still have not heard. My last name is towards the end of the alphabet so I feel like they are going in order in terms of notifying people??

Got an email from CSUN today that I was placed on the high tier waitlist as well!

I also will be attending CSULB. I would also love to connect

Can I ask what your last name starts with? I've heard on here people who have been accepted and declined and now waitlisted. I still have not heard. My last name is towards the end of the alphabet so I feel like they are going in order in terms of notifying people??
I am pretty much in the middle and found out about the wait list today. I am so confused by the process and what the order means, if anything!

Hi! quick question for you all. I'm applying to cal states this upcoming cycle for 2022-23 but my in progress prerequisite in the fall will be biology 2/upper div biology (for ucsf and sdsu.) does having an outstanding prerequisite look bad/delay your decision? i know in the csulb info session the director said that they set your application aside and don't review until updated grades come in and i didn't know if everyone did that. i could take it over the summer but i wanted to work full time to save $$

Hi! quick question for you all. I'm applying to cal states this upcoming cycle for 2022-23 but my in progress prerequisite in the fall will be biology 2/upper div biology (for ucsf and sdsu.) does having an outstanding prerequisite look bad/delay your decision? i know in the csulb info session the director said that they set your application aside and don't review until updated grades come in and i didn't know if everyone did that. i could take it over the summer but i wanted to work full time to save $$
I had 2 in progress classes in the fall and it didn't make a difference for me. I applied to WesternU and CSUN. I had both my interviews during the fall semester and was accepted to WesternU before I finished those 2 classes. It all depends on the school I think. Good luck!

It set me back. I was taking two prerequisites fall 2022 when I applied and a lot of schools were offering interviews and even acceptances before I even finished my classes. It definitely was not treated equally to students who had all their pre reqs done by the time they submitted apications.

The only school I heard from before my classes were done was Chapman's summer cohort which I interviewed and was offered a seat late december.

CSULB was the only school I had an issue with on my pre-reqs being in-progress.

I got accepted to CSUN, CSAC, CSU Fresno, but outright rejected from CSULB. SDSU I did not apply to.

CSULB was the only school I had an issue with on my pre-reqs being in-progress.

I got accepted to CSUN, CSAC, CSU Fresno, but outright rejected from CSULB. SDSU I did not apply to.
thanks! if you don't mind me asking, what was your outstanding prereq/how many did you have?

Anyone receive any word from USC Residential and hybrid?
I was placed on waitlist for the residential and got my acceptance to the hybrid last Friday. USC is my top choice and they said once I put a deposit for hybrid they will remove my name from the waitlist. Didn’t want the deadline to pass so I ended up putting a deposit for the hybrid and I’m committing to their program.

Do you know how many spots are on the high tier waitlist, by chance?

For those of you who have gotten accepted or waitlisted at CSUN, when did you submit your application? I’m trying to figure out if they are going in order of submission or have a different method…

Do you know how many spots are on the high tier waitlist, by chance?
They wouldn't tell me, but it sounds from things I have read from previous years on here that it might be as high as 150! Yikes! But the plus side is that they also told me during an open house that they worked their way down to slot #130 for acceptances that particular year, which is crazy...so I guess I will keep holding out hope. It's so hard when you have no idea how far down the list you are...I'm sort of disappointed about that.

For those of you who have gotten accepted or waitlisted at CSUN, when did you submit your application? I’m trying to figure out if they are going in order of submission or have a different method…
I think I submitted one day before the deadline and heard back a few days ago about being on the high tier wait list. Good luck!

Received an email from CSUN last night saying that they have already sent acceptance and high tier waitlist offers out, but that I shouldn't be discouraged from the possibility of attending their program this year and they still may send out invites for the Kira assessment and acceptance offers to those outside of those lists. So basically I am waitlisted for the waitlist haha.

Anyone else anxiously waiting to see if Fall Cohort for Chapman comes out today?

Received an email from CSUN last night saying that they have already sent acceptance and high tier waitlist offers out, but that I shouldn't be discouraged from the possibility of attending their program this year and they still may send out invites for the Kira assessment and acceptance offers to those outside of those lists. So basically I am waitlisted for the waitlist haha.
Lol same 😂 I wonder if everyone got the same thing or if they are sending denials too

They sent me the same thing last night! hahah
Yup we're waitlisted for the waitlist

Back in 2017 I made it onto CSUNs waitlist. I was #135 (I just looked up the old email) and made it up to #51 before I decided not to pay the fee to remain on the waitlist. At the time they did not specify that this was the “high tier waitlist”, it was just the waitlist. I’m wondering if this year their high tier waitlist is just about 30-50 people and everyone else is technically lower on the waitlist. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
Back in 2017 I made it onto CSUNs waitlist. I was #135 (I just looked up the old email) and made it up to #51 before I decided not to pay the fee to remain on the waitlist. At the time they did not specify that this was the “high tier waitlist”, it was just the waitlist. I’m wondering if this year their high tier waitlist is just about 30-50 people and everyone else is technically lower on the waitlist. Hope that makes sense.
Ooh, I like the theory! Maybe each wait list doesn't have that many people on it? Did anyone hear anything about this at all? Longing for the good ol' days you mentioned in 2017 when they would give you a number. Sigh...

Ooh, I like the theory! Maybe each wait list doesn't have that many people on it? Did anyone hear anything about this at all? Longing for the good ol' days you mentioned in 2017 when they would give you a number. Sigh...
I also remember a lot more student activity for CSUN on these forums back in 2016/2017 too. I may be mistaken, but I believe there was an entire group dedicated just to the CSUN DPT program. Whereas this cycle there are just a handful of people really wanting to get into CSUN and there isn’t a main CSUN DPT group.

Does anyone know how to pay the $250 deposit for CSUN? They said to do it through Cal State Apply but it comes out to $70 on there not $250.

Does anyone know how to pay the $250 deposit for CSUN? They said to do it through Cal State Apply but it comes out to $70 on there not $250.
I would call them on Monday to make sure that you do it correctly.