Funny Names (Seriously!)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've seen both a Chlamydia and a Syphylis. Guess when mom was pregnant she got confused between what she was having and what she had...

Members don't see this ad.

There are three urologists around here.

1. Dr. Cox.

2. Dr. Wang.

3. Dr. Wood.

Self-fulfilling prophecy?

I've taken care of a

Sircharles...

Members don't see this ad :)
I've seen a TeQuilla (pronounced like the shot) and a Toshiba in the last 2 weeks.

We have a teacher right now- Mr. Binder. Richard Binder. He's very short. Prefers the nickname 'Stumpy'. Yep -That would be 'Stumpy" Dick Binder.
Doesn't anyone think nowadays?

Naming your child "Nemesis" means you should start preparing for his future court dates now.

There are three urologists around here.

1. Dr. Cox.

2. Dr. Wang.

3. Dr. Wood.

Self-fulfilling prophecy?

I think the program directors match these applicants just be funny:D.

I know of a Dr. Lawyer who actually went to law school.

I know of a Dr. Lawyer who actually went to law school.

Me too. If its the same one I know, he's an EM resident in Jersey, and his brother also went to law school, and then medical school.

I've also had the Candidas (2), a Sh1thead, a female, a Unique, and probably some others that escape me right now.

My girlfriend is a teacher, in the Bronx, and has had twins named Alix and Alex, a JadaKiss, and another set of twins names Sara and Notsara.

Gotta love the Bronx

Siblings Remington and Rockford. (Steele and Files, I presume.)

Porsche. Dia-mon-day, spelt Diamond. Princess (Brown, among other last names.) Lexus. Velveeta. Unique (more than 1, and I think 1 pronounced it "uni-kay".)

More Angels than I can shake a stick at.

Summer Skye.

I think there was a Chastity, too.

Richard King- I always hoped he didn't go by Dick. Mrs. Butts (sorry, I'm 12.).

There was a poor girl whose parents named her Eibhleann. :( It's just Evelyn, but ack.

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too. If its the same one I know, he's an EM resident in Jersey, and his brother also went to law school, and then medical school.

I've also had the Candidas (2), a Sh1thead, a female, a Unique, and probably some others that escape me right now.

My girlfriend is a teacher, in the Bronx, and has had twins named Alix and Alex, a JadaKiss, and another set of twins names Sara and Notsara.

Gotta love the Bronx

Yeah, same guy, he's a resident in NJ.

You gotta love the bronx for their unique baby names. I'm a twin myself and I always feel bad for these babies when their parents feel that having twins is a perfect opportunity to not just mess up one name but two names at the same time. How do you justify that a sufficient name difference in between your twin girls' names is one letter (i.e. Alissa and Alessa, Alex and Alix, Ashlee and Ashley (pronounced exactly the same :eek:), etc.) These parents have to realize that it's not unique to name your babies based on whatever it is that is in your visual field at the time of naming. Just because your listening to Biggy Smalls CD you should not name your kid Notorious (similarly to naming your kid Nemesis, you're just destined to be bailing him out of jail). Just because you are also being treated for a STD or Fungal infection upon the birth of your child, it's not a good idea to name your child from the bacteria that is the cause of your infection. A little girl name Chlamydia or Candida will not know why everyone from school teachers to councelors to doctor are smirking everytimes they see her name. Just because you see a word that is weird-looking and you obviously don't know what it means does not mean that you should name you child that.

we have a Dr. Ho and a Dr. Bang at our hospital.

I want them to round together.

OK, this may not apply, but thought it was appropriate. I'm on an OMM rotation this month (almost done, thank god). I'm treating a PP woman, and her baby is next to her, and we have this convo: (She's African American, which is what makes this story interesting).

Me: Adorable baby.
Her: Thanks. Her name is Madison Taylor ______. (HIPPA First!)
Me: Ah, very presidential!
Her: Yeah, well, I didn't want to name her Shenikwa, or any of that bull****! Whenever someone hears that, the first thing that pops into their mind is black and ghetto. My cousin is named Star, and she named her kids f***ed up like that. I was in the store the other day, and I hear "Hennessey, got get Alize and meet me up front!"

I almost high fived her.

Seen recently:

Dr. Wang, urologist
Dr. Hard, gross anatomy prof

[FONT=VERDANA, HELVETICA]Although not directly related to medicine this are truly ironic. From News of the Weird:.
[FONT=VERDANA, HELVETICA].
[FONT=VERDANA, HELVETICA]Arrested in Tahoe City, Calif., in March and charged with stabbing his roommate: Timothy Stilletto, 45. [Sierra Sun, 3-6-08] .

[FONT=VERDANA, HELVETICA]Arrested in Austin, Texas, in April after a SWAT standoff in which police tried to serve warrants for parole violation and other charges: Don Truevillain, 24. [American-Statesman (Austin), 4-13-08].

[FONT=VERDANA, HELVETICA]Arrested in Jefferson County, Wis., in March and charged with a vicious murder: James A. Hole, 34. [Wisconsin State Journal, 3-20-08].

Maybe less ironic and more coincidental?

At my former hospital:
Dr Pain - anaesthetist
Dr Love - ED
Dr Death - I think he was a medic.
What are the chances in one hospital :)

There is a med student at my school with the last name, Blood and will eventually be Dr. Blood. would be really ironic if she goes into hematology.

Dr. Barron the ob/gyn resident. I think she wants to do REI, too. poor choice.

My friend's mom is Dr Pepper