For those who are in Optometry School....

PreOptMegs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am curious what is the lowest subscore on the OAT someone got while still being accepted. I got a 360TS and 330AA, but I was told that with my 280 I got in reading, I might have to retake the OAT again, so if they ask me to retake it in the interview, I shouldn't be suprised? I thought my score was really good, so I just want to hear some opinions.....

Members don't see this ad.

PreOptMegs said:
I am curious what is the lowest subscore on the OAT someone got while still being accepted. I got a 360TS and 330AA, but I was told that with my 280 I got in reading, I might have to retake the OAT again, so if they ask me to retake it in the interview, I shouldn't be suprised? I thought my score was really good, so I just want to hear some opinions.....

360tt is okay
330aa is not good
280reading is okay if you have 360+aa, otherwise, prob better to retake the test
a lot depends on where you are applying to.

So what is your opinion of people who got into Optometry School with a 290AA?

But I read some of the school, with an AA of 300 is count as an average score, which mean a 330 is an above average score, which is good?

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree. I was definately under the impression that a 300 was "average" so anything above that is above average, but I guess everyone has their own expectations and opinions of what is good and not good...

PreOptMegs said:
So what is your opinion of people who got into Optometry School with a 290AA?

i think as long as you have a high gpa, a lower score is ok and vice versa

since all the schools require interviews and they continuely remind us that the scores and gpa are just part of the process, we should be ok if we have one or the other, once we get the interview then we can wow them with our personaility :laugh:

i have a regular gpa 3.5 and a regular OAT score 330 so i hope i can get some interviews!

boon said:
But I read some of the school, with an AA of 300 is count as an average score, which mean a 330 is an above average score, which is good?
A 300 is average in terms of the people taking the exam, but not of people who are accepted. I believe the national average for entrants is somewhere around 330.

polkadot said:
A 300 is average in terms of the people taking the exam, but not of people who are accepted. I believe the national average for entrants is somewhere around 330.

SCO visited my school. I asked a similar question. They focus the academic average as a whole. So your 330AA is competitive.