350AA/360TS My Oat Breakdown

bread_genie

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I took my OAT last week and was pleasantly surprised with my scores. I wanted to share how I studied, my scores, and what resources I used.

My scores
2021 OAT Scores.jpg

the first score is what my average practice score was and the second is my actual OAT score.
Quantitative Reasoning: 270 -> 350
Reading Comprehension: 360 -> 350
Biology: 350 -> 380
General Chemistry: 340 -> 320
Organic Chemistry: 270 -> 390
Physics: 250 -> 330
TS: 360
AA: 350
My Materials
OATBooster: I used this for the majority of my prep. I liked the amount of practice problems and review videos for each subject minus physics. I only managed to take 4 full length tests out of the 10 available but from what I saw, the practice exams were pretty representative of the real OAT. I will say the practice exams are more difficult than the actual OAT but I still think its better to be overprepared than underprepared.

Chads videos: I watched all of Chads physics videos and completed most of his physics practice questions. I also watched some of his General Chemistry videos. I did 2 of his OAT practice exams and found that his general chemistry, physics, and QR sections were very similar to the actual OAT.

Kaplan review book: I used this to read up on any subjects I felt unsure about while I was completing my content review. I wouldn’t recommend this book as a stand alone resource.

How I studied
I studied for a total of 3 months and primarily used OATBooster resources as well as Chad’s videos. For the first 30 days I stuck to the study schedule from OATBooster and spent about 4-6 hours each day doing content review. I would recommend supplementing yourself with Chads physics videos during this time since OATBooster doesn’t have a lot of physics review. If you have the time, I recommend watching Chads general chemistry videos as well. I also made flashcards of all the major reactions for organic chemistry from OATBoosters reaction sheet and for all the formulas in OATBoosters physics formula sheet. I studied the flashcards throughout the 3 months.
After the first 30 days, I started doing practice problems from Chad and redoing the practice problems from OATBooster that I had initially gotten wrong during my content review phase. I did this until my exam date was a month away. In the last month I did full length practice tests. I would take an exam, review what I got wrong and repeat. I was able to take 6 full length tests in a month but I would recommend taking as many as you can while making sure to go over what you miss.

Final advice
I know the amount of content on this exam can feel overwhelming but doing lots of practice problems and going over what you got wrong is the best way to get through it all. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user