Ferris State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

koolaide225

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have not seen a Ferris State thread for this cycle and I thought I would create one. I'll start us off, I am from Michigan and am applying to this school as well as many others, today I got a confirmation e-mail that my application has been processed. For people who don't know this, there are no supplemental applications. Anyone here anything from there yet? :)

Members don't see this ad.

I am also applying to Ferris and today got an email saying they have received my application and will begin reviewing.

Just got an email saying they have received everything and that they are going to review!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I see that there has not been much activity on this page. Interviewed on 12/7, accepted on 12/11. I plan to attend Ferris State.

I am applying to Ferris in pre pharmacy as undergrad. Please post your stats if admitted to pharmacy school, or even if applying for admission to pharmacy school.

Interviewed 1/25 accepted 1/30. I plan to attend Ferris
Stats GPA 3.0 PCAT composite 94

I received an e-mail from Ferris saying they received my application and were going to begin reviewing but haven't heard anything since then. No interview request but no denial either. Anyone else in this boat? And how worried should I be?

NorthernPharm,

I'm right there with you. They contacted me 1/2 saying they received my app but haven't heard anything since. I heard that it takes them a while to respond to some applicants but I don't know how worried we should be. It's driving me crazy though

I know, I can't stand waiting! It seems like interview invites should have gone out already...but no decline either? Fingers crossed that no news is good news for now!

Very true. I know of 2 other people who have been offered interviews. I know that there is an interview for Ferris on March 1st. And I know of someone else who is in the same boat that we're in. But our applications are still being considered, so that's always good.. I think

Hey everyone, I just got accepted last friday. I go to MSU right now so I'm not too familiar with the area and such. Any tips on where to live?

Hi there- I'm also already accepted to Ferris for 2013, and I'm pretty sure that's where I'll be going next year. I'm also wondering about living situations there and if any girls from MI are looking for possible room mates? I'm thinking it would be nice to live with other students in the program rather than alone. I currently go to U of M and graduating in may.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that ferris state university allows pharmacy students live in on campus housing at big rapids. If you would want off campus housing, there are a few apartment complexes in town. I would do a google search for student housing/apartments in big rapids. Suite style student apartments seem to be very popular in the area. I'm not from ferris state university, I attend a public university in Ohio and will graduate this spring semester. I will probably drive up to big rapids later in the spring semester to look at apartments for next fall.

yeah, I'd rather live with pharmacy students there as well, and would like to live in an apartment. I'm a guy so if anyone on here thinking that they would like a roommate let me know.

If anyone is interested, I might consider making an unofficial class page on Facebook so that people can meet future classmates, find roommates, etc.

ok I will create an unofficial class page and post the link.

Anyone attend the March 1st interview? If so, has anyone heard anything yet??

I attended the Feb 1st interview and still haven't heard anything

Wow, that's crazy. Better to be in your shoes than mine, I haven't even been offered an interview yet and they received my application early January.

I'm a senior in high school. How do you like Ferris prepharmacy or Ferris State in general? I'm waiting to hear from Michigan and just got accepted to University of Findlay pharmacy school (0+6). I'd really like to go to Michigan but their pharm school is so competitive. I want to go to a bigger school than Findlay but its a sure thing! Also very expensive. Please add your stats to your posts. ACT 28, GPA 3.67 (unweighted).

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to keep this forum active. I will be attending FSU COP this FA2013, I am super excited!! :D I was accepted to Ferris and LECOM and wait-listed at UofM +pity+ and Wayne (undergrad in BIO May 2012). I chose Ferris because they have a great rep.and have been accredited and teaching pharmacy studies longer than LECOM. I asked myself: "Do I want to be a part of something that IS GREAT or do I want to be a part of something that COULD BE GREAT?" :idea: there is risk in all decisions.

I loved Ferris' interview :love: I don't think they had my file before and they asked most the questions. I felt their questions eased my nerves because they were perfectly leading questions that allowed me to answer and portray my pharmacy experiences. The interviewers were patient and kind. The last question for me was the hardball because it was a semi-knowlege based question which I did not prepare for, but I improvised with character.

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to keep this forum active. I will be attending FSU COP this FA2013, I am super excited!! :D I was accepted to Ferris and LECOM and wait-listed at UofM +pity+ and Wayne (undergrad in BIO May 2012). I chose Ferris because they have a great rep.and have been accredited and teaching pharmacy studies longer than LECOM. I asked myself: "Do I want to be a part of something that IS GREAT or do I want to be a part of something that COULD BE GREAT?" :idea: there is risk in all decisions.

I loved Ferris' interview :love: I don't think they had my file before and they asked most the questions. I felt their questions eased my nerves because they were perfectly leading questions that allowed me to answer and portray my pharmacy experiences. The interviewers were patient and kind. The last question for me was the hardball because it was a semi-knowlege based question which I did not prepare for, but I improvised with character.

I hope to join you this fall!! :D I've been accepted at Midwestern University and University of Charleston and placed on the alternate list at Shenandoah University. I hope that Ferris will offer me an interview soon because this is my first choice :D but if not I will be at Midwestern.

Unfortunately Ferris denied me an interview :( I just wanted to post this for future applicants in case they run into a similar situation when they apply to this school. It took Ferris 14 weeks to respond after they said that they received my application. It's pretty ridiculous if you ask me. If they make you wait that long, they could at least offer you an interview. But oh well, glad that this was not the only school I applied to. Good luck to all of you :)

So I was accepted to Ferris for the 2017 Class in March, but I haven't gotten any information from them since then. Just wondering if anyone has gotten anything from Ferris on orientation/start of semester/classes/etc?

Unfortunately Ferris denied me an interview :( I just wanted to post this for future applicants in case they run into a similar situation when they apply to this school. It took Ferris 14 weeks to respond after they said that they received my application. It's pretty ridiculous if you ask me. If they make you wait that long, they could at least offer you an interview. But oh well, glad that this was not the only school I applied to. Good luck to all of you :)
I go to this school as an undergrad and they did the same thing to me. I agree with you 100% that they shouldn't have made us wait so long. I'm still waiting on a denial email because they haven't sent me one.

Has anyone heard anything about a waitlist?
I was reading a ferris pharmacy forum from 2010 and they started talking about the waitlist at the end of march and its mid april now. :(
I had an interview on feb 1st and havent heard anything since then

I received an e-mail stating I was wait listed. I don't know my place on the wait list, as it was not stated on the e-mail, honestly they didn't tell me much at all. Anyway, good luck to you!

For those of you waiting for emails, you might want to check your Spam folder because my letter was hidden in there. I got rejected but not a big deal. Everything happens for a reason :nod:

:banana: Lipscomb Class of 2017:highfive: