Father's Day & Pain Doctor Million-Dollar Baller Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"make my own country". you are reaching doctodd level buffoonery. this society seems to work very well for rich white dudes. everyone else: not quite so much. it is laughable that all the people on this board supporting the current regime are rich white guys. i wonder why that is

im more american and love this country more than your sorry ass. which is why it tears me apart to see our democracy crumble underneath the pressure of money and greed. our founding fathers put too much faith in the the mistaken benevolence of elected leadership and not enough in the hands of the people. the constitution is an outdated document.

btw, change is coming. always has and always will. 119 days and counting.
So rich white ladies are suffering, those poor things? That's your position? What about rich black dudes, how are they doing? Poor Kanye West... Poor Oprah! She's really suffering in this horrible concentration camp!

I know you're just mindlessly following the media meme but it's a racist sentiment.

The constitution has a process called amendments. It changes when sufficient people want it to change. It doesn't change when a group of people have a tantrum.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
"make my own country". you are reaching doctodd level buffoonery. this society seems to work very well for rich white dudes. everyone else: not quite so much. it is laughable that all the people on this board supporting the current regime are rich white guys. i wonder why that is

im more american and love this country more than your sorry ass. which is why it tears me apart to see our democracy crumble underneath the pressure of money and greed. our founding fathers put too much faith in the the mistaken benevolence of elected leadership and not enough in the hands of the people. the constitution is an outdated document.

btw, change is coming. always has and always will. 119 days and counting.

Indian guy here. Not filthy rich -- but well off. Love this country.
My parents -- came here from India with very little and they thrived, despite brown skin. They love this country too, as do their friends.

Same story across thousands of immigrants who came here for a better life.

Reactions: 8 users
Non-White Pain Medicine Ballers Matter...

Members don't see this ad :)
You are an offensive troll. I was a US Marine and I love this country.

Semper Fi brother!

I was at 2nd Force Recon Company (Lejeune) and before that 3rd Recon Battalion (Okinawa).

I had orders to go to Coronado Island to VSW and be a dolphin trainer for 4 years, after that I'd circle back to the teams...But me and the career planner never crossed paths. I had a big re-up bonus I was going to sign in Iraq (tax free) but things got weird for us...Ended up in Liberia via Sierra Leone and realized I just wanted to get out and be a physical therapist after seeing all the broken child soldiers in Monrovia.

Had I not gotten out I'd be retired right now for 14 months, probably going back to college to be a history teacher and coach...Maybe I'd just cut grass...

Edit - Despite our poor population, which does suffer...Living in America in 2020 is the easiest and safest place and time to live in the history of planet Earth, even if you're poor. To deny that means you're not very seasoned in other parts of the world. It is amazing in America, but not perfect.

Reactions: 4 users
I wish that you'd be sensitive to the Reality that some of the "rich white dudes" here have family members who fought and died for the Constitution and the ideas contained therein. I'm raising my daughter to RESPECT others' private property, human rights, and the rule of law; eschew victim/grievance narratives, class warfare, and privilege envy/jealousy.

fraud alert!!!!

[IMG alt="drusso"]https://forums.studentdoctor.net/data/avatars/m/0/200.jpg?1386294948[/IMG]
drusso
Moderator Emeritus
Physician
Lifetime Donor
Verified Expert
20+ Year Member

JoinedNov 21, 1998Messages9,428Reaction score3,792
Jul 1, 2020
willabeast said:
Interventional pain was good (i am retired). If i did it all over again (40 years!) i would pick Derm. No idea if that would be wise, but that is what i would tell my younger self if i could time travel. And stay away from primary care or general internal medicine. And...move to New Zealand. That's it, be a dermatologist in N.Z. Perfect...
I envy dermatologists...

Indian guy here. Not filthy rich -- but well off. Love this country.
My parents -- came here from India with very little and they thrived, despite brown skin. They love this country too, as do their friends.

Same story across thousands of immigrants who came here for a better life.

thats great. i am a half-first generation myself

but the thread was in regards to the current administration. are you a DJT fan? are your parents? would they have been allowed to come to the US under today's rules? the white house is doing everything in its power to curb immigration, worker visas, student visas, etc.

So rich white ladies are suffering, those poor things? That's your position? What about rich black dudes, how are they doing? Poor Kanye West... Poor Oprah! She's really suffering in this horrible concentration camp!

I know you're just mindlessly following the media meme but it's a racist sentiment.

The constitution has a process called amendments. It changes when sufficient people want it to change. It doesn't change when a group of people have a tantrum.

first of all, women do have it rougher. look at average salary, percentage of women CEOs, representation in congress, etc.

and your example of 2 black rich people isnt racist; its just stupid

second of all, the constitution changes when sufficient LEGISLATORS want it to change, not when sufficient people want it to change. 90% of people support universal background checks for guns, but it doesnt happen b/c the legislators in the GOP are bought by the NRA. this happens on the other side of the political spectrum as well (albeit to a lesser degree). this is why meaningful change and improvements are so difficult to come by

You are an offensive troll. I was a US Marine and I love this country. You are nothing but hate and rage. If you want change, vote.

1. Term limits
2. Fix the tax code. Make under 75k and no taxes. Make more and it is 10% across the board. No Tax code. No deductions. No shelters.
3. The federal government should exist for a military to defend the country. Infrastructure. Fair education (dismantle the union that teaches the democratic party’s line). And to provide for welfare for the truly needy and handicapped.

None of the above should be more than minor disagreement to hammer out minutiae.

Once done, we can move on to fixing healthcare, corporate monopoly, etc.

sigh. where to begin?

fist of all, i appreciate your service. thank you.

second of all: i am the hateful, raging offensive troll when you are telling ME to get the f&ck out? you have become a lot more vulgar and angry over the years.

i would love to see voting affect change. its not all that simple. in many areas (ie: Georgia, where the governor literally stole the election by illegally purging voter rolls, limiting minority voting, fewer polling stations in poorer areas) voter suppression is a very real thing. then you have the issue of gerrymandering. a million ways that voting is hijacked by the GOP.

if you really do believe that the constitution is sacrosanct, then you have to vote out the bum in the oval office. he has used it as toilet paper for the past 4 years.

You are an offensive troll. I was a US Marine and I love this country. You are nothing but hate and rage. If you want change, vote.

1. Term limits
2. Fix the tax code. Make under 75k and no taxes. Make more and it is 10% across the board. No Tax code. No deductions. No shelters.
3. The federal government should exist for a military to defend the country. Infrastructure. Fair education (dismantle the union that teaches the democratic party’s line). And to provide for welfare for the truly needy and handicapped.

None of the above should be more than minor disagreement to hammer out minutiae.

Once done, we can move on to fixing healthcare, corporate monopoly, etc.
Being a Marine doesn't make you more American than anyone else...you served this country to protect the right of any citizen to say what they believe...calling someone a troll because you disagree is BS...you call yourself a Libertarian which is nonsense when one reviews your posts

thats great. i am a half-first generation myself

but the thread was in regards to the current administration. are you a DJT fan? are your parents? would they have been allowed to come to the US under today's rules? the white house is doing everything in its power to curb immigration, worker visas, student visas, etc.

first of all, women do have it rougher. look at average salary, percentage of women CEOs, representation in congress, etc.

and your example of 2 black rich people isnt racist; its just stupid

second of all, the constitution changes when sufficient LEGISLATORS want it to change, not when sufficient people want it to change. 90% of people support universal background checks for guns, but it doesnt happen b/c the legislators in the GOP are bought by the NRA. this happens on the other side of the political spectrum as well (albeit to a lesser degree). this is why meaningful change and improvements are so difficult to come by
You just seem like you are unhappy with a free market, capitalist system and, by definition, its inequity of outcomes. You will find common ground if you focus on trying to help those will less opportunity. But that's obviously not your focus, which is "rich white men".

If you want a government to guarantee 50% of CEOs are women, the alloted quota are black, Latino, Trans, etc, you will not have a free market, it's that simple. And along with that, you will sacrifice the incredible, unbelievable prosperity that you enjoy under capitalism.

(Waiting anxiously for more million dollar baller tips):angelic:
Get a Good billing company. Collections are your life line. Review your deposits and withdrawal (fixed costs) monthly . No point working your ass off and letting insurance companies , your manager, or anybody else rob you .

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I can think of few situations more dangerous than a system with equality of outcome...Horrible idea.

The fact remains that our system is NOT only good for rich white dudes.

In every system...ever...there are unfortunate segments of the population that struggle, and when you dig into those people's lives you'll see bad decision after bad decision after bad decision.

Huge percentage of those people have personality disorders, which the federal government can't fix...

The current system isn't perfect, but there are cultural trends the federal government can't change overnight.

I have pts that eat fried chicken and drink Coke for breakfast. I'd love to see you roll out some lifestyle plan for them that is effective and affordable.

The "thing" that would have the biggest impact on American society/culture is the stabilization of the family unit. Single parent homes are everywhere, and that without Q sets you up at a disadvantage. Put two ppl with income in one house with 2-3 children and you're most likely looking at 2-3 successful adults.

Call me old fashioned if you want, but it's true. My dad died when I was 2 months old and I lived that life. Going over my to stay the night with friends showed me how different we were from everyone else. We didn't have near the same money, and my friends had TWO adults in the home who loved them when they got in bed each night.

That's two separate people to provide guidance, give advice, hug, talk to about what scared you today, etc. It makes a huge difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I wish that you'd be sensitive to the Reality that some of the "rich white dudes" here have family members who fought and died for the Constitution and the ideas contained therein. I'm raising my daughter to RESPECT others' private property, human rights, and the rule of law; eschew victim/grievance narratives, class warfare, and privilege envy/jealousy.
You just seem like you are unhappy with a free market, capitalist system and, by definition, its inequity of outcomes. You will find common ground if you focus on trying to help those will less opportunity. But that's obviously not your focus, which is "rich white men".

If you want a government to guarantee 50% of CEOs are women, the alloted quota are black, Latino, Trans, etc, you will not have a free market, it's that simple. And along with that, you will sacrifice the incredible, unbelievable prosperity that you enjoy under capitalism.
actually, a true free market would allow that the best person will attain the highest levels, such as CEOs.

do we have a truly free market capitalist system if 91% of Fortune 500 CEOs are white males?

In every system...ever...there are unfortunate segments of the population that struggle, and when you dig into those people's lives you'll see bad decision after bad decision after bad decision.
this is often the fallback argument.

the problem is that the system is set up to almost completely eliminate the possibility of making a good decision. black men in particular are given limited alternatives towards improving their socioeconomic status. their role models are sports figures but the nearby role models are older adults who find the way to generate money is commonly through drugs.

drugs are ubiquitous. teenage black boys are about as likely to be a victim of violent crime as they are of graduating from college. 40% of black teens will become alcohol abusers.

black men do not stay in family units because there is no social nor financial incentive to do so. in fact, blacks were more likely to be married than whites were, from at least 1890 until the 1960s.

In 2012 The U.S Census Bureau released a report that studied the history of marriage in the United States. They discovered some startling statistics when calculating marriage by race. They found that African Americans age 35 and older were more likely to be married than White Americans from 1890 until sometime around the 1960s. Not only did they swap places during the 60s but in 1980 the number of NEVER married African Americans began a staggering climb from about 10% to more than 25% by 2010 while the percentage for White women remained under 10% and just over 10% for White men.

stabilization of the family unit will not come until some of the poverty inequity is addressed - and not by a government hand out.

stabilization of the family unit will not come until some of the poverty inequity is addressed - and not by a government hand out.

Two parent homes provide twice the money of single parent homes, and it moves you into the suburbs where schools are better.

Poverty is directly tied to single parent homes.

Drug use increases in single parent homes bc the middle school aged kids are home alone until 530 PM (if mom works).

What is your theory as to why the single parent rates increased in the black communities in the late 60s? I have my belief...What is your belief?

CEO comment - Meritocracy is desirable. The best gets the job. The Leftist movement disagrees.

Two parent homes provide twice the money of single parent homes, and it moves you into the suburbs where schools are better.

Drug use increases in single parent homes bc the middle school aged kids are home alone until 530 PM (if mom works).

What is your theory as to why the single parent rates increased in the black communities in the late 60s? I have my belief...What is your belief?

CEO comment - Meritocracy is desirable. The best gets the job. The Leftist movement disagrees.
If there is true meritocracy - those with the most talent rise to the top - then statistically you should see a fairly even sampling of demographics in any given occupation. That is, there should be approximately 50% of CEOs who are female, and the racial make-up should roughly equal the demographics of the US. Now, there may be some skew in gender in high time demand occupations due to traditional gender roles and some women choosing to put family over career, but the current skew is too much to explain that. You cannot point to individual success stories as a counterpoint. When you have large enough numbers a few will always slip through but the overall point remains - a point made well by a quote that shows up a lot in Quality Improvement: “Every system is perfectly designed to get the results it gets.” US education, finance, healthcare, and business systems are designed to put white males ahead. The point always seized on by conservatives to argue for the status quo is to claim liberals want equality of outcome (I.e. communism). This is not accurate for most. Equality of outcome is not something the government should try to enforce. However, what liberals want, and do want the government to strive for, is equality of opportunity - the American Dream.

It’s an impossible goal to fully reach and as you note there will always be factors such as the death of a parent that will disadvantage some people. However, there are thousands of small problems with the status quo that all act together to push poor people down and lift rich people up. Poor quality inner city schools, the War on Drugs (harsher sentences for crack vs regular cocaine, lifelong ban on financial aid for those convicted, creation of many single-parent households), implicit bias (equally qualified minorities and women less likely to be chosen for a job, security guards following people of color around a store), criminal justice system bias and misconduct (militarized police in poor areas, harsher sentences for minorities for the same crimes, Driving While Black), the US healthcare system (poor preventative care for those in poverty, parents forced to choose between insulin for their diabetic kid and making rent), food deserts...

The tools often proposed to deal with some of these factors are imperfect instruments, but largely amount to transfer of wealth from the rich to the poor via taxation, in order to provide the poor with some small measure of opportunity. The rich, and the politicians they have purchased, argue vehemently against that and want you to believe it is injustice - discrimination against the victimized, vilified white male.

I love the argument “I served in the military, so I love this country more than you, you can leave!” Wanting to change things for better is the definition of America. Wanting things to be equitable, fair, and wanting to help those who have less, is the true essence oft this country . Whether you served or not, has no bearing in someone else’s love of this country. Most who serve in the military don’t do it for free, and don’t do it out of The pure goodness of their hearts... it wasn’t volunteer service. get over it.

Also being the offspring of Immigrants is no where near the same struggle as multi-generational poor black people in this country. Anecdotes about successful 1st generation people are just that anecdotes. Yes many do prosper, but typically coming from educated families, with an emphasis on education, and usually living in safe comfortable neighborhoods.

while there is discrimination against all brown people in this country, no one has suffered like African Americans. And no one has the same hurdles and obstacles. And those obstacles are just as present today as they were 70-80 years ago.

Those last 2 posts are some of the most insightful things I have read on this board. Well done, you two

If there is true meritocracy - those with the most talent rise to the top - then statistically you should see a fairly even sampling of demographics in any given occupation. That is, there should be approximately 50% of CEOs who are female, and the racial make-up should roughly equal the demographics of the US. Now, there may be some skew in gender in high time demand occupations due to traditional gender roles and some women choosing to put family over career, but the current skew is too much to explain that. You cannot point to individual success stories as a counterpoint. When you have large enough numbers a few will always slip through but the overall point remains - a point made well by a quote that shows up a lot in Quality Improvement: “Every system is perfectly designed to get the results it gets.” US education, finance, healthcare, and business systems are designed to put white males ahead. The point always seized on by conservatives to argue for the status quo is to claim liberals want equality of outcome (I.e. communism). This is not accurate for most. Equality of outcome is not something the government should try to enforce. However, what liberals want, and do want the government to strive for, is equality of opportunity - the American Dream.

It’s an impossible goal to fully reach and as you note there will always be factors such as the death of a parent that will disadvantage some people. However, there are thousands of small problems with the status quo that all act together to push poor people down and lift rich people up. Poor quality inner city schools, the War on Drugs (harsher sentences for crack vs regular cocaine, lifelong ban on financial aid for those convicted, creation of many single-parent households), implicit bias (equally qualified minorities and women less likely to be chosen for a job, security guards following people of color around a store), criminal justice system bias and misconduct (militarized police in poor areas, harsher sentences for minorities for the same crimes, Driving While Black), the US healthcare system (poor preventative care for those in poverty, parents forced to choose between insulin for their diabetic kid and making rent), food deserts...

The tools often proposed to deal with some of these factors are imperfect instruments, but largely amount to transfer of wealth from the rich to the poor via taxation, in order to provide the poor with some small measure of opportunity. The rich, and the politicians they have purchased, argue vehemently against that and want you to believe it is injustice - discrimination against the victimized, vilified white male.

"And the concept of white privilege can’t explain why several historically marginalized groups out-perform whites today. Take Japanese Americans, for example: For nearly four decades in the 20th century (1913 – 1952), this group was legally prevented from owning land and property in over a dozen American states. Moreover, 120,000 Japanese Americans were interned during World War II. But by 1959, the income disparity between Japanese Americans and white Americans nearly vanished. Today, Japanese Americans outperform whites by large margins in income statistics, education outcomes, test scores and incarceration rates."

• Love

"And the concept of white privilege can’t explain why several historically marginalized groups out-perform whites today. Take Japanese Americans, for example: For nearly four decades in the 20th century (1913 – 1952), this group was legally prevented from owning land and property in over a dozen American states. Moreover, 120,000 Japanese Americans were interned during World War II. But by 1959, the income disparity between Japanese Americans and white Americans nearly vanished. Today, Japanese Americans outperform whites by large margins in income statistics, education outcomes, test scores and incarceration rates."
Oh look, one group we treated like crap has bounced back, so the rest should be able to do it too. Therefore we have no responsibility to address the systemic inequality we benefit from.

while there is discrimination against all brown people in this country, no one has suffered like African Americans. And no one has the same hurdles and obstacles. And those obstacles are just as present today as they were 70-80 years ago.
Are you saying the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was a complete failure?

Everybody’s story is important and meaningful. Pitting one race vs. another seems counterproductive and racist really .

This speech pertains to the baller concept , “hardwork” working “out of your trunk”, etc...

If there is true meritocracy - those with the most talent rise to the top - then statistically you should see a fairly even sampling of demographics in any given occupation. That is, there should be approximately 50% of CEOs who are female, and the racial make-up should roughly equal the demographics of the US.
You are assuming cultural differences/perspectives have zero impact on say, the desire to be a CEO. After all, that is YOUR definition of success. Money, prestige, power are YOUR values.

If you poll all the Pacific Islanders in the United States, the percentage of them that desire to become a CEO will be different than if you poll Jewish immigrants to the US. And that's just desire we are talking about. That doesn't include willpower, determination, family priorities, etc, all of which are greatly influenced by culture and contribute to reaching a final goal and ZERO of which have anything to do with "The System" and "racism".

Are you saying the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was a complete failure?

I’m saying theory versus practice. And you know this. But I know what you are doing...

Re-read what I said. Illegality of action doesn’t prevent it from happening. Just because prior forms of legal discrimination were removed, does not mean more complicated, insidious, and SYSTEMIC, versions still persist, and are now LEGALLY protected. This is a fools argument, because those who stand to loose their ADVANTAGE, will never have an open mind.

remember, if things are FAIR, then those who benefited their entire lives will now feel like they are loosing something they should have never had. And that will feel like loss, not equality.

You are assuming cultural differences/perspectives have zero impact on say, the desire to be a CEO. After all, that is YOUR definition of success. Money, prestige, power are YOUR values.

If you poll all the Pacific Islanders in the United States, the percentage of them that desire to become a CEO will be different than if you poll Jewish immigrants to the US. And that's just desire we are talking about. That doesn't include willpower, determination, family priorities, etc, all of which are greatly influenced by culture and contribute to reaching a final goal and ZERO of which have anything to do with "The System" and "racism".
So you’re saying that it is almost exclusively white men who desire privilege and power and have the drive to obtain it? That only very rare and truly exceptional people of color and women have what it takes to compete with white men? If that’s true then white people must be some sort of... master race or something. Because that’s what it takes to explain the outcomes as a matter of personal drive and success rather than understanding the role of systemic biases.

er, no, you completely miss the point.

the reason why there are single parent homes has to do with poverty first, not vice versa, and in part due to a lack of job opportunities for black men.

Myth 10: Addressing black family disorganization will close the racial wealth divide

The increase in the share of children living in single-parent households has given rise to the idea that certain family structures are the main cause of wealth gaps between blacks and whites. Yet the researchers point out that single motherhood is more of a reflection of inequality than a cause. Case in point, median wealth for white single-parent households is more than twice as much as median black and Latino two-parent households. Additionally, wealth can influence family structure, as college educated people tend to have college educated spouses which leads to greater wealth accumulation and inequality. The assumptions behind this myth essentially confuse consequence with cause and are rooted in racist implications that the family structures and choices of blacks are what hinder them from wealth building and closing the racial wealth gap.

cause effect - the fact of the matter is that African americans were more likely to be married than whites up until the 1960s. in fact, evidence shows that African americans actually place higher value on marriage than whites. however, black men are significantly more likely to be a victim of violent crime, and significantly more likely to be incarcerated. these are in part because the "jobs" available for them are illegal.

Those who want to boost marriage rates among blacks should focus on improving job opportunities and education for black men. In 2010, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 18.4% of black men were jobless compared to 9.6% of white men. Black men also earn lower wages than similar white men. Racial disparities persist even at the highest levels of education. Even after holding education constant, black men are still more likely to be unemployed or economically deprived – causing them to fall short of what black women are looking for in partners. Finally, contrary to patterns found among other race-ethnic groups, black women have higher educational attainment than black men, yet this adds to their struggle to find the kinds of men they hope to marry.

Black women’s values, in short, are not the problem. Black marriage rates are likely to rise only after America’s black men receive more economic opportunities.

Reactions: 1 users
So you’re saying that it is almost exclusively white men who desire privilege and power and have the drive to obtain it? That only very rare and truly exceptional people of color and women have what it takes to compete with white men? If that’s true then white people must be some sort of... master race or something. Because that’s what it takes to explain the outcomes as a matter of personal drive and success rather than understanding the role of systemic biases.
I think you are just not recognizing your own cultural bias here to make such a statement. Many cultures place a higher value on "working to live" instead of "living to work".

The desire for privilege and power above all else (family, friends, community), along with the drive to obtain it (overwhelming the drive to provide charity, etc) does NOT make white people a "master race". That is a racist connection that you are expressing.

And yes, I kind of do think it's almost exclusively white men who are blind with ambition, have the cultural wherewithal, and the luck of the draw to be born with family money and support to achieve their goals.

There may be issues within our sytem but your argument that there should be identical representation in all career paths does not support that at all. It's like most progressive arguments: start with a fallacy, and work your way back.

I’m 49. I’m 5’8”. I deserve to be in the NBA.
My demographic is completely unrepresented in the league.
Excellent distraction and non-point. Typical apples to beef jerky comparison

er, no, you completely miss the point.

the reason why there are single parent homes has to do with poverty first, not vice versa, and in part due to a lack of job opportunities for black men.

cause effect - the fact of the matter is that African americans were more likely to be married than whites up until the 1960s. in fact, evidence shows that African americans actually place higher value on marriage than whites. however, black men are significantly more likely to be a victim of violent crime, and significantly more likely to be incarcerated. these are in part because the "jobs" available for them are illegal.

Where in does responsibility factor into this scenario?

You can get someone pregnant but can't get married bc you don't have a job?

I reject your opinion.

The black community...most certainly...does NOT...place higher value on marriage than whites.

If that were really true you wouldn't see the current stats being what they are...Being poor means you can't get married, but you can impregnate someone...

I read that link, and there are multiple beliefs attributed to black women such as high desire for the man to have stable income, education, etc...several measures the black women responded way higher than white women...It goes to state that black woman culture isn't a problem, and it is directly related to black on black male crime and poor job attainment...

So these women getting impregnated by these men are...not...part of the problem too?

Hold up bro...Black women according to YOUR article...Freely have sex with men they have no intention of marrying, whether or not they get pregnant or they don't....BECAUSE THESE WOMEN HAVE SUCH HIGH STANDARDS?!?!

GTFO...

Last edited:
Apples please. Golden delicious.
Golden delicious? Yuck.

You preference of peaches is much better than your apple preference.

Cortland, macoun, empire, honeycrisp

Golden delicious? Yuck.

You preference of peaches is much better than your apple preference.

Cortland, macoun, empire, honeycrisp
Ah. Peaches for flavor. Apples for nostalgia.

Riding the JCC summer camp bus to Medford NJ in the 70’s. Would get there and get a golden delicious apple for snack. And a pbj in wax paper.

I think you are just not recognizing your own cultural bias here to make such a statement. Many cultures place a higher value on "working to live" instead of "living to work".

The desire for privilege and power above all else (family, friends, community), along with the drive to obtain it (overwhelming the drive to provide charity, etc) does NOT make white people a "master race". That is a racist connection that you are expressing.

And yes, I kind of do think it's almost exclusively white men who are blind with ambition, have the cultural wherewithal, and the luck of the draw to be born with family money and support to achieve their goals.

There may be issues within our sytem but your argument that there should be identical representation in all career paths does not support that at all. It's like most progressive arguments: start with a fallacy, and work your way back.
I’m not arguing that there should be equality of outcome!!! I’m saying approximate equality of outcome, taking into account variation from certain racial/gender/geographic/religious variables, is a proxy for equality of opportunity. I’m saying the vast inequality of outcomes we see is too much to explain away by demographic differences and clearly represents systemic bias.

Reactions: 1 users
Where in does responsibility factor into this scenario?

You can get someone pregnant but can't get married bc you don't have a job?

I reject your opinion.

The black community...most certainly...does NOT...place higher value on marriage than whites.

If that were really true you wouldn't see the current stats being what they are...Being poor means you can't get married, but you can impregnate someone...

I read that link, and there are multiple beliefs attributed to black women such as high desire for the man to have stable income, education, etc...several measures the black women responded way higher than white women...It goes to state that black woman culture isn't a problem, and it is directly related to black on black male crime and poor job attainment...

So these women getting impregnated by these men are...not...part of the problem too?

Hold up bro...Black women according to YOUR article...Freely have sex with men they have no intention of marrying, whether or not they get pregnant or they don't....BECAUSE THESE WOMEN HAVE SUCH HIGH STANDARDS?!?!

GTFO...
interesting... your comments can be interpreted as systemic racism and sexism all wrapped up in one.

are you saying that black women, unlike any other racial group, should not have sex at all?

all the information, data, analysis, shows you are wrong.

I’m 49. I’m 5’8”. I deserve to be in the NBA.
My demographic is completely unrepresented in the league.
I'm also 5'8".

but I'm significantly older than you, so you have to give me an open lane to the hoop.

and about a minute to get there...

interesting... your comments can be interpreted as systemic racism and sexism all wrapped up in one.

are you saying that black women, unlike any other racial group, should not have sex at all?

all the information, data, analysis, shows you are wrong.

I am neither racist nor sexist.

I am all too familiar with the fact I live in a different world than the majority of blacks.

Your link says black women have higher standards than white women, and that marriage means more to blacks than whites.

That is YOUR link.

My Q to you is if all that info in YOUR link is true, (1) why are these same women pregnant considering their standards are so much higher than white women, (2) why are they divorcing at rates higher than whites, and (3) what role do black women play in the plight of black males in America?

I am NOT racist.
I am NOT sexist.
F you for implying either are true.

I am all too familiar with the fact I live in a different world than the majority of blacks.

Your link says black women have higher standards than white women, and that marriage means more to blacks than whites.

That is YOUR link.

My Q to you is if all that info in YOUR link is true, (1) why are these same women pregnant considering their standards are so much higher than white women, (2) why are they divorcing at rates higher than whites, and (3) what role do black women play in the plight of black males in America?

I am NOT racist.
I am NOT sexist.

take a breath. read ducttape's comments. nobody called you racist or sexist. you are acting like a teenage girl. you shouldnt be getting this mad at a relatively innocuous comment

That is YOUR link.

I am NOT racist.
I am NOT sexist.
the link says that black women value marriage more than whites, not specifically that they have higher standards for a spouse. I'm not getting the feeling that black women are refusing to get married because they have higher standards for a potential spouse. the article discusses social deprivation as the cause for fewer eligible black men, particularly employed black men.

other scholars have accumulated considerable evidence that social and economic impediments to marriage matter more than value orientations. Aspirations are not the issue, in this view, so much as a dearth of what William Julius Wilson calls “marriageable” black men.
due to the lack of job opportunities, the increased incidence of violent crimes against them, the higher incarceration rates of blacks, the lack of educational opportunities, the worse pay jobs available, even when they achieve higher educational status, etc.

ill repeat the final line of my prior post:

"Black women’s values, in short, are not the problem. Black marriage rates are likely to rise only after America’s black men receive more economic opportunities."

take a breath. read ducttape's comments. nobody called you racist or sexist. you are acting like a teenage girl. you shouldnt be getting this mad at a relatively innocuous comment
Honestly in today's climate even a hint of being called that could be disastrous. I can understand being on a hair trigger about it.

That comments in question didn't say it, but it could be read as implying that.

This is how ballers do it. From a case I reviewed today. 140,000 charge for a facet injection

Attachments

• 17226CDB-F77F-486D-9A87-4C73E6D434FD.jpeg
    17226CDB-F77F-486D-9A87-4C73E6D434FD.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 115
This is how ballers do it. From a case I reviewed today. 140,000 charge for a facet injection
And I thought Laser Spine Institute coding/billing was ridiculous... geez

Last edited:
the link says that black women value marriage more than whites, not specifically that they have higher standards for a spouse. I'm not getting the feeling that black women are refusing to get married because they have higher standards for a potential spouse. the article discusses social deprivation as the cause for fewer eligible black men, particularly employed black men.

due to the lack of job opportunities, the increased incidence of violent crimes against them, the higher incarceration rates of blacks, the lack of educational opportunities, the worse pay jobs available, even when they achieve higher educational status, etc.

ill repeat the final line of my prior post:

"Black women’s values, in short, are not the problem. Black marriage rates are likely to rise only after America’s black men receive more economic opportunities."

You're playing word games, a very common and standard move by ppl who would make the arguments you're making.

Your link says there is a shortage of "marriageable black men."

That statement is made prior to these figures:

4,347 out of 100,000 black men are in prison. That's 6x higher than whites, but that leaves a rather huge number of black men who are not in prison, but apparently they're only good for the big D and definitely not marriage.

Your link states that black women have "high aspirations," and that "characteristics and life situations" of men "fall well short" of the "preferences" of black women...How does that not infer that the standards of black women are high?

I attached a few screenshots from your link that shows black women desire highly educated men who are employed and have good income.

Clearly, a black man meeting those criteria gets to bang any woman he wants bc there will be a smaller number of him (relative to his peers considering the hurdles black men face) and that may dissuade him from settling down.

18.4% vs 9.6% unemployment black vs white men...

That ratio is not similarly representative of black vs white single parent homes, as the ratio is worse than 2:1. See attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200714-193237_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200714-193237_Chrome.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot_20200714-193622_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200714-193622_Chrome.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_20200714-193611_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200714-193611_Chrome.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20200714-193551_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200714-193551_Chrome.jpg