Father's Day & Pain Doctor Million-Dollar Baller Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACA is much bigger than "meaningful use." Of course anything that large is going to have significant deficiencies. Trump's strategy: can't find a better option so just weaken the ACA as much as possible, and continue to blame all healthcare woes on Obama.
I guess you only have talking points for the ACA, so we can only talk about that?

Meaningful use had nothing to do with the ACA.

It was passed as part of the $20B HITECH Act that was created to try to force doctors provide better care against their will (hence the incentive/penalty structure). Democrats did this because they know that computers are good and doctors are stubborn and need to get with the program.

The big EMR companies like Epic were "stakeholders" of the HITECH law and regularly met with its drafters and profited handsomely from it.

But I guess no one is gonna stand up for this program now? It was idiotic or what? "Well intentioned"?

edit: Sorry, I see now where you thought I was referring to the ACA - "Obama's proudest accomplishment".

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I guess you only have talking points for the ACA, so we can only talk about that?

Meaningful use had nothing to do with the ACA.

It was passed as part of the $20B HITECH Act that was created to try to force doctors provide better care against their will (hence the incentive/penalty structure). Democrats did this because they know that computers are good and doctors are stubborn and need to get with the program.

The big EMR companies like Epic were "stakeholders" of the HITECH law and regularly met with its drafters and profited handsomely from it.

But I guess no one is gonna stand up for this program now? It was idiotic or what? "Well intentioned"?

edit: Sorry, I see now where you thought I was referring to the ACA - "Obama's proudest accomplishment".

Fair enough. I'm not familiar with it and mistakenly assumed it was part of the ACA.

Sounds like the only clear winner was the EMR makers.

Reactions: 1 users
Not really. Spending huge sums of money on bureaucrats and paper pushers (which is what the government does best) instead of on medication, beds, nurses, and physicians.

“There is no industry that is run so poorly that it can’t be made worse and more costly by putting the government in charge of it”
Most conservatives cling to the fairy tale version of a republican “small government.” It doesn’t exist anymore. It’s only about redistribution. Many democrats also seek to maintain a status quo “moderate” approach, which really does nothing. But in general, spending money on social programs and safety nets for the people really isn’t on the republican agenda

also, more importantly, NEITHER party cares about health care. We will have a form of universal healthcare in the “near” future. Everyone knows it. It just depends on which side you want to politicize. Both parties are actively working towards it. Why do think SOS differential exist, why do you think anti-trust/monopoly issues don’t apply to massive institution mergers. So healthcare as we know it is “****ed” in the sense that the change is comin regardless of who’s in office.

Members don't see this ad :)
as far as democrats go, Biden is probably the best of the lot for doctors. he is against a "medicare for all" or universal system. if he does get elected, that can will be kicked down the road at least another 4 years. whoever is next (kamala, etc) will probably be a different story. also, covid is making a hard push toward single payer. what happens to all those people who are jobless for the next 10 years?

in basically all realms, republicans have no policy ideas. rather, their platform is to obstruct any ideas, laws, etc. the GOP is a post-policy platform

Amazon product

Trump and a Republican controlled Congress were not able to replace the ACA with a better alternative. Presumably ACA is better for Republicans or at least those who vote than the status quo was.
Nobody likes the responsible adult who takes the candy away. That's why entitlements should be avoided, they are VERY difficult to remove. Insurance companies, hospitals, the AMA, and the 35% of Americans on government insurance want it to stay. That's a lot of votes to say "No" to.

Nobody likes the responsible adult who takes the candy away. That's why entitlements should be avoided, they are VERY difficult to remove. Insurance companies, hospitals, the AMA, and the 35% of Americans on government insurance want it to stay. That's a lot of votes to say "No" to.

If by 'candy' you mean taking away subsidies and coverage for uninsured millions, reinstating preexisting conditions, allowing insurances to cancel coverage - then yes I'm sure nobody wants that.

(edited)

as far as democrats go, Biden is probably the best of the lot for doctors. he is against a "medicare for all" or universal system. if he does get elected, that can will be kicked down the road at least another 4 years. whoever is next (kamala, etc) will probably be a different story. also, covid is making a hard push toward single payer. what happens to all those people who are jobless for the next 10 years?

in basically all realms, republicans have no policy ideas. rather, their platform is to obstruct any ideas, laws, etc. the GOP is a post-policy platform

Amazon product

It’s purely a political argument/talking point. Bernie knee damn well he could not bring universal coverage any faster than a Republican president. They have no real day or pull, it’s only as fast as the economy can handle removing the dependence of the GDP on healthcare. That will take time no matter who is in office. This is why I don’t use healthcare into my equation regarding politics. Both parties will arrive at the same conclusion in the same rough time schedule. Until then, I pick the party that least tries to care about the people. I mean the other 99%...

Amazon product

Its been this way for 50 years as William F Buckley said it was conservatives job to stand athwart history yelling stop. Its not necessarily a bad thing to slow down.

Its been this way for 50 years as William F Buckley said it was conservatives job to stand athwart history yelling stop. Its not necessarily a bad thing to slow down.
i agree about slowing down. but if the pandemic has shown us anything, it is that our current system does not meet the demands on modern society. look at the functioning countries around the world and how they have handled the coronavirus. europe is essentially back on its feet. china and south korea and japan have amazing testing abilities and contact tracing. we havent been able to get the job done -- partially b/c of the president, but also b/c literally half of the legislature wants to block every bill out there.

I'm confused.

are you a million dollar baller, drusso?

because in some of your posts i get the feeling that you are having to cut back and only eat half portions ramen noodles to survive the COVID restrictions.....

Members don't see this ad :)
im pretty sure some of the chiros with a 15000 sq ft call center paying PAs to do 5-10 stem cell cases per day at 5-20k a pop make a million per year.

In 2017, CMS raised the MIPS exemption threshold from 30k to 90k. This encouraged me to keep my practice open for another 2 years.

Do you like the "meaningful use" criteria - the proudest healthcare accomplishment and legacy of the Obama/Biden administration?

If so, don't be ashamed about it. Just stand up like a man and say you love it. You might be one of the docs who feels good about being forced to provide metrics to Medicare on a "certified" EHR system, instead of taking care of patients.

2017 to now .... who is in charge?

Please tell me how much better Medical Practices are under Trump?

Last edited:
I'm confused.

are you a million dollar baller, drusso?

because in some of your posts i get the feeling that you are having to cut back and only eat half portions ramen noodles to survive the COVID restrictions.....

We're back up to full portions of ramen and tofu on Fridays.

Amazon product

Again, conservatives say the very same thing about democrats.

It is really an issue of where you are standing politically regarding how you view a situation. Both sides could go on and on for hours citing support for their position. In the end, nothing is accomplished.

I have found it interesting that my parents, who have never voted for a republican in their lives, are supporting Trump this time. Why? The BLM and ANTIFA riots and how they were handled by democrat vs republican mayors and governors. I think that those riots may have handed the election to Trump. Otherwise, the coronavirus was looking to deliver the election to the dems.

One wonders with Biden's dementia how he is going to handle the debates. People have forgotten that he had an ACOM aneurysm clipped and his behavior is reflective of ischemia in this area. I would think that the dem party will cancel the debates due to "concerns over Covid-19" so that Biden will remain unexposed to the public. If he does debate (very unlikely), he will expose himself to the nation and will lose in a landslide. His best chance is to remain silent and not debate or do any speeches. My main concern about Biden is his strong ties to China; the Chinese have demonstrated that they cannot "play well" in a global economy and western nations should be looking to avoid as much contact as possible with the Chinese.

The WH and treasury secretary dumped money into my business accounts, hence keeping my private practice and employees solvent... I’d say that was beneficial.

Reactions: 2 users
The WH and treasury secretary dumped money into my business accounts, hence keeping my private practice and employees solvent... I’d say that was beneficial.
You don't think a democratic president would have done the same?

This was directed for all small businesses, my question was what exactly has Trump done to make Private practice better?

You don't think a democratic president would have done the same?

This was directed for all small businesses, my question was what exactly has Trump done to make Private practice better?
?? I am a private practice owner with several employees, and pretty high payroll. WH directly infused private practices with revenue. Doesn’t get any more direct that that ...
I’m sure Hillary would have done something, but not sure what. Does she support small business to the same extent ? Not sure. Maybe there is a play book all presidents would use, maybe not ...

What would Democrat HC done differently? Intriguing

?? I am a private practice owner with several employees, and pretty high payroll. WH directly infused private practices with revenue. Doesn’t get any more direct that that ...
I’m sure Hillary would have done something, but not sure what. Does she support small business to the same extent ? Not sure. Maybe there is a play book all presidents would use, maybe not ...

WH huh... Think Congress passed and president signed off ..... it was a lot more generous thanks to Democrats.....

WH huh... Think Congress passed and president signed off ..... it was a lot more generous thanks to Democrats.....
Thanks Nancy Pelosi , you’re the best...

A playbook for how to handle a pandemic, you say? If only Trump were given such a document...:unsure:

A playbook for how to handle a pandemic, you say? If only Trump were given such a document...:unsure:
So you assume our government has no response to terrorist attacks, chemical warfare or nuclear attack, cyber hacking, mortgages back implosions. Just up to the Speaker of the House to allocate funds? Nancy Pelosi to save the day...
Secretary of the treasury has no role, WH, CMS appointed director, HHS director. No role, no decision making or guidance by the administration. Ok, believe that.

Now to support your argument of incompetence; NYC not having back up ventilators for a chemical attacks or viral pandemic seem pretty incompetent to me. Thank god Nancy Pelosi allocated the funds to help NYC.

But we digress as usual.

Big ballers like us got bailouts by the Fed, are we hypocrites? Can we slam Obama’s bailouts to everybody but private practice in the past ? Curious on thoughts.

no, what callmeanesthesia is referring to is the Pandemic Playbook and Pandemic team that was housed in NSC developed after the last H1N1 flu epidemic by the prior administration.

this was significantly altered and neutered by the current administration.

i posted the playbook on a separate thread a few months ago. it is still out there to review. it details multiple aspects including which agencies to get involved and ways of more effectively communicating within the government to better ensure that there was an appropriate response.

Until then, I pick the party that least tries to care about the people. I mean the other 99%...
:rofl:You think either party cares about anything aside from power and their job?!?!:rofl:

• Haha
:rofl:You think either party cares about anything aside from power and their job?!?!:rofl:
I really don’t. Which is why I have to pick the lesser of two evils. Neither care, but one is destructive and divisive.

With a ridiculous two party system, this is what we get. Until we get three for five parties picking between one **** bag and the other is the best we get.
My point is healthcare, is not a consideration.

I really don’t. Which is why I have to pick the lesser of two evils. Neither care, but one is destructive and divisive.

With a ridiculous two party system, this is what we get. Until we get three for five parties picking between one **** bag and the other is the best we get.
My point is healthcare, is not a consideration.
You’re head is in the sand if you don’t think that BOTH parties are EQUALLY destructive and divisive.

Completely agree on multiple parties. Disheartening that of all years, we STILL have no progress on a third party candidate.

You’re head is in the sand if you don’t think that BOTH parties are EQUALLY destructive and divisive.

Completely agree on multiple parties. Disheartening that of all years, we STILL have no progress on a third party candidate.
No it is pretty clear we have one winner

Steve likes teh bipolars
“...Like in the movie in Wakanda when the king went to visit that lead scientist to have the shoes wrap around her shoes. Just the amount of innovation that can happen, the amount of innovation in medicine—like big pharma—we are going to work, innovate, together,” he says. “This is not going to be some Nipsey Hussle being murdered, they’re doing a documentary, we have so many soldiers that die for our freedom, our freedom of information, that there is a cure for AIDS out there, there is going to be a mix of big pharma and holistic.”

Steve likes teh bipolars
“...Like in the movie in Wakanda when the king went to visit that lead scientist to have the shoes wrap around her shoes. Just the amount of innovation that can happen, the amount of innovation in medicine—like big pharma—we are going to work, innovate, together,” he says. “This is not going to be some Nipsey Hussle being murdered, they’re doing a documentary, we have so many soldiers that die for our freedom, our freedom of information, that there is a cure for AIDS out there, there is going to be a mix of big pharma and holistic.”

Mark Cuban?
Condy Rice?
Colin Powell?

Why not Will Smith?

And likely there will be no serious third party anywhere in the near future. Other countries have proportional representation but it's unlikely we will see Democrats/Republicans willing to change the current electoral rules that benefit themselves.

Moderates lose out and the ability of our government representatives to compromise continues to worsen.

And likely there will be no serious third party anywhere in the near future. Other countries have proportional representation but it's unlikely we will see Democrats/Republicans willing to change the current electoral rules that benefit themselves.

Moderates lose out and the ability of our government representatives to compromise continues to worsen.
It starts with the voter. Do you vote for third party candidates?

I voted third party last election and feel great about it. Give me your best candidates and I'll vote for them.

I utterly reject the argument that I threw my vote away. Your vote has much more power as a personal expression and statement than it does in electing anyone. Voting for a candidate for any reason other than they are your FIRST CHOICE is completely un-American imo.

(Waiting anxiously for more million dollar baller tips):angelic:

...how about a few more completely asanine statements that pain doctors making 2 million per year aren't TOO busy. That statement was made earlier in this ridiculous thread.

Surely the purple font was needed?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200710-071812_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200710-071812_Chrome.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 112

the beloved constitution is the real problem. the setup us disproportionately based on land, rather than population. this isnt the 1800's anymore. where most countries have a parliamentary system, we are really hamstrung by our set up. our government moves with the agility of the titanic, so when we need to actually govern (coronavirus, for example) we can't do it if effectively. similarly, we can't change our voting set-up in regards to the 2 party system. amendments are next to impossible at this point. sorry to say, but we really need a complete restructuring.

You were right if you meant governors should govern. You want the federal govt to have more power when most do not.

the beloved constitution is the real problem. the setup us disproportionately based on land, rather than population. this isnt the 1800's anymore. where most countries have a parliamentary system, we are really hamstrung by our set up. our government moves with the agility of the titanic, so when we need to actually govern (coronavirus, for example) we can't do it if effectively. similarly, we can't change our voting set-up in regards to the 2 party system. amendments are next to impossible at this point. sorry to say, but we really need a complete restructuring.

GTFO then. Make your own country. Don't change the one you live in.

GTFO then. Make your own country. Don't change the one you live in.

"make my own country". you are reaching doctodd level buffoonery. this society seems to work very well for rich white dudes. everyone else: not quite so much. it is laughable that all the people on this board supporting the current regime are rich white guys. i wonder why that is

im more american and love this country more than your sorry ass. which is why it tears me apart to see our democracy crumble underneath the pressure of money and greed. our founding fathers put too much faith in the the mistaken benevolence of elected leadership and not enough in the hands of the people. the constitution is an outdated document.

btw, change is coming. always has and always will. 119 days and counting.

"make my own country". you are reaching doctodd level buffoonery. this society seems to work very well for rich white dudes. everyone else: not quite so much. it is laughable that all the people on this board supporting the current regime are rich white guys. i wonder why that is

im more american and love this country more than your sorry ass. which is why it tears me apart to see our democracy crumble underneath the pressure of money and greed. our founding fathers put too much faith in the the mistaken benevolence of elected leadership and not enough in the hands of the people. the constitution is an outdated document.

1594394914534.png

• Haha

You are an offensive troll. I was a US Marine and I love this country. You are nothing but hate and rage. If you want change, vote.

1. Term limits
2. Fix the tax code. Make under 75k and no taxes. Make more and it is 10% across the board. No Tax code. No deductions. No shelters.
3. The federal government should exist for a military to defend the country. Infrastructure. Fair education (dismantle the union that teaches the democratic party’s line). And to provide for welfare for the truly needy and handicapped.

None of the above should be more than minor disagreement to hammer out minutiae.

Once done, we can move on to fixing healthcare, corporate monopoly, etc.

Reactions: 7 users

I wish that you'd be sensitive to the Reality that some of the "rich white dudes" here have family members who fought and died for the Constitution and the ideas contained therein. I'm raising my daughter to RESPECT others' private property, human rights, and the rule of law; eschew victim/grievance narratives, class warfare, and privilege envy/jealousy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I wish that you'd be sensitive to the Reality that some of the "rich white dudes" here have family members who fought and died for the Constitution and the ideas contained therein. I'm raising my daughter to RESPECT others' private property, human rights, and the rule of law; eschew victim/grievance narratives, warfare, and privilege envy/jealousy.
This last one, if you can accomplish, would be the best gift ever. Most people go through life without realizing the stranglehold this vice has on them.