This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got accepted too! Going to the crestview campus!!

I was accepted as well for the Crestview campus! Congrats everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am also still waiting to hear back, but I am very happy for those of you who got in. It really makes you feel good, I hope I also get an email soon!

Reactions: 4 users
I was accepted on Friday to the Crestview location. I am a transfer student and interviewed on March 23.

I am a transfer student who applied to the Crestview campus as well. I interviewed on March 30th. I am still waiting to hear back. Congratulations everyone. I am super nervous and I have been checking my email everyday, haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I just got accepted to the Crestview Campus earlier today!!!! :soexcited:

Does anyone know if anyone has gotten denial emails/letters yet? Just want to see if they’re only informed accepted persons or accepted and denials

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Out of curiosity, to those who have been accepted: are you all pre professional applicants? I know RCarter is a preprofessional student, so I was wondering if the people with associates degrees are the ones who haven’t heard back yet? I truly hope with all my heart that I get accepted. Every day I wake up with my heart racing thinking I got the email only to realize I haven’t or the anxiety of waiting for them to say yes or no. In any case, I STILL HAVE HOPE!!! I know it’s sounds totally cheesy but I know we’ll all get it, I can feel it.

Out of curiosity, to those who have been accepted: are you all pre professional applicants? I know RCarter is a preprofessional student, so I was wondering if the people with associates degrees are the ones who haven’t heard back yet? I truly hope with all my heart that I get accepted. Every day I wake up with my heart racing thinking I got the email only to realize I haven’t or the anxiety of waiting for them to say yes or no. In any case, I STILL HAVE HOPE!!! I know it’s sounds totally cheesy but I know we’ll all get it, I can feel it.
I have a bs degree and still haven't heard back so, don't give up hope. I am in the same boat with you.

I have an associate degree and am finishing up prerequisites now. I'm sure you will get in. It just seems like they are doing a little each week.

I have a bs degree, I'm just finishing up a pre-req I missed. But I believe you'll get in! Don't give up hope!

Hello to all. I wish I had found this thread earlier when I was waiting to hear back after applying for Fall 2018! I received an accepatance email as well on 4/13. I was wondering if anyone knows when we could expect to receive an acceptance packet via mail?

Last edited:
Does anybody know the last day they’ll be sending out acceptance emails??

Hello everyone! I’ve been hearing that they may still be doing more interviews next week for transfer students so keep checking your emails regularly

Has anyone that was accepted been able to pay the $150?

Has anyone that was accepted been able to pay the $150?

I called earlier today. The undergraduate admissions office said they are waiting for the pharmacy school to send them over the list of accepted names. They said it would probably be available this Friday to pay the $150 on irattler.

Does anyone know if that $150 is only for transfer students to pay or for everyone accepted into the program?

Does anyone know if that $150 is only for transfer students to pay or for everyone accepted into the program?
I feel like it is for everyone. It was in my acceptance letter.

Yes, it is for everyone. I called them last week and they said it is for all students.

Does anyone know if they are done sending out acceptance letters??

Does anyone know if they are done sending out acceptance letters??

I don't think they are done! Looking through previous forums, some people were accepted in May and June.

Does anyone know if the mailed out acceptance letter have instructions as to where to go for the drug screen/background check and how to proceed with that kinda stuff?

I don’t want to rain on anyone’s parade - but have any of y’all looked at the NAPLEX pass rates for the recent graduating classes?

Florida A&M University NAPLEX Pass Rates

Ranked 129th out of 129 schools
In 2016, 59% of students from Florida A&M University passed the NAPLEX on the first attempt compared to a national rate of 86.1%. For comparison, in the same year:

128 schools had a HIGHER pass rate
0 schools had the SAME pass rate
0 schools had a LOWER pass rate

I don’t want to rain on anyone’s parade - but have any of y’all looked at the NAPLEX pass rates for the recent graduating classes?

Florida A&M University NAPLEX Pass Rates

That may be true, however in 2017 it went back up into the 80’s again. And even so, with those scores as bad as they may appear, I still want to go to FAMU if I can help it. Yes, one of the reasons is because of financial obligations after graduating. However, in the 3 schools I interviewed, I didn’t feel more welcome in any of them except FAMU. Trivial things like making eye contact and absolute strangers saying good morning to you felt so foreign to me, but in a good way. Lastly, although it is true that the passing scores reflect the ability of a college to teach, I also feel that students pass or fail based on how much they prepare for the exam. If you study for a week or so after graduation and then just goof around until your exam date and you pass, I applaud you, because I lack those skills. I see myself studying for an entire month before even thinking of taking the exam. Ultimately, yes that score seems disasterous, but it isn’t a consistent reflection of the school, and this is where I truly want to go. I don’t have any other reasons for going here except I know I am destined to go to this school. I apologize if my reasons are irrational or biased.

I JUST RECEIVED THE ACCEPTANCE LETTER INTO THE PROGRAM! Words cannot begin to describe the joy I feel at this very moment!
a68.jpg

Has anyone who got accepted into the Crestview campus started looking into the
I JUST RECEIVED THE ACCEPTANCE LETTER INTO THE PROGRAM! Words cannot begin to describe the joy I feel at this very moment!
a68.jpg

Congrats!!!!!!! :clap:

started looking into where to stay?*

Not yet. Since we're in April, I don't want to look into apartments just yet. I plan on looking into apartments idealistically in late June - early July.

Not yet. Since we're in April, I don't want to look into apartments just yet. I plan on looking into apartments idealistically in late June - early July.

Alright, I just wanted to get an idea about which apartments I should look into for when Late June/ early July arrives and I visit over there during that time to check them out cause I know it's too early now to know about availabilities and whatnot

Has any one been provisionally accepted to the program. I received provisional acceptance and was wondering if anyone else got the same thing

and does the GPA start over for transfer students from famu?

Has anyone been able to pay the $150 deposit? I looked on irattler and there's no outstanding balance to pay. Someone says that it should've been more available to pay Friday but I'm not seeing it.

Has anyone been able to pay the $150 deposit? I looked on irattler and there's no outstanding balance to pay. Someone says that it should've been more available to pay Friday but I'm not seeing it.

I was looking for the same thing but it's actually a form. In the email they sent you should be able to click on where it says FAMU Admissions Deposit, then it'll take you to a different page where it says you have to fill out the Admission Fee Deposit form and send the money attached via a money order or cashier's check and the form can be found by looking on the left side of the page and clicking on download forms and the form should be there

Wait, nevermind. I just saw at the top of the form it does say that we should be able to pay online as well on the irattler, but I don't see that option to make a payment on the irattler either

It says there is a way to pay online by clicking the make a payment link, but I haven't been able to enter the payment amount like it says on the site? So I am not sure.

a68.jpg
I received an acceptance letter same day I believe. I live in Crestview, about 10 minutes south of campus, so if you or anyone else needs somewhere to sleep in between house hunting let me know!

I received an acceptance letter same day I believe. I live in Crestview, about 10 minutes south of campus, so if you or anyone else needs somewhere to sleep in between house hunting let me know!

That is very kind of you to offer. Thank you very much!!

Congrats to everyone getting accepted. It’s May now and I still haven’t heard back yet. Still trying to remain hopeful even though it’s getting kind of hard

Hey everyone, I was accepted for Fall 2018 and I was wondering if you all registered for orientation yet? At first I wasn’t able to register, but today I was able to register for June 19.

Hey everyone, I was accepted for Fall 2018 and I was wondering if you all registered for orientation yet? At first I wasn’t able to register, but today I was able to register for June 19.

Where did you register?

I registered through my iRattler portal through the welcome email that was sent
about Orientation. There were three different days that showed up.
YEAH, I'm not seeing any of this... these mofo's are getting on my nerves lol
I followed the link to make the $150 payment but nothing is showing so I called undergraduate admissions and they said that Student Services hasn't sent them an updated form for accepted candidates yet... so I called them, got the run around, and they took my number to "call me back" which I've heard before and never got a call back.

What "welcome email" by the way? Are you an existing FAMU student with an existing iRattler email?