This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Don't give up hope yet, as you can see these people are VERY unorganized!

Get used to saying the above statement throughout your entire stay at FAMU lol

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! I'm currently a P2 at FAMU and came across this thread. I skimmed it over and so far I have answers to:

1. Even if you have a degree before coming to pharmacy school, you are considered an "undergraduate professional" in FAMU's system. This means you will be charged the undergraduate fee for tuition. For FAFSA purposes, you still must choose Grad for financial aid if you have received a Bachelor's.

2. Tuition cost. I am out of state and my tuition is about 9,000 per semester. In state tuition is 3,000.

3. I know some people's financial aid wasn't posted because they weren't registered for classes yet... You will get your schedules during orientation and will be able to register then. Financial aid SHOULD be worked out by registration if not 24 hours after.

Thank you for that clarification. However, I have another question. Are we going to get grants and scholarships? I am asking because my financial aid is only showing two options: unsubsidized and Grad plus loans. Was wondering if we are going to them free money? Thanks

Last edited:
Hey everybody! Have any of you heard the status of our internship license application? I emailed the form with my name and file number but haven't heard anything since then. Let me know if you guys have any information.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everybody! Have any of you heard the status of our internship license application? I emailed the form with my name and file number but haven't heard anything since then. Let me know if you guys have any information.

I have not heard anything either. I guess they are working on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Please can anyone post their starts am thinking of applying there.

Thank you for that clarification. However, I have another question. Are we going to get grants and scholarships? I am asking because my financial aid is only showing two options: unsubsidized and Grad plus loans. Was wondering if we are going to them free money? Thanks

You have to apply for them. You'll be assigned to an advisor and they will open those doors for you.

How was P1? How were the classes?

It was very stressful because we were the first class with the new curriculum. A lot of stuff by COPPS wasn't decided on until the last minute about our courses and professors. Spring semester I didn't have my final schedule and syllabi until three days after classes officially began.

You have to be very disciplined when it comes to studying and dealing with the changes from COPPS.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m still looking for a place any suggestions will be gladly appreciated

Hey guys! I'm currently a P2 at FAMU and came across this thread. I skimmed it over and so far I have answers to:

1. Even if you have a degree before coming to pharmacy school, you are considered an "undergraduate professional" in FAMU's system. This means you will be charged the undergraduate fee for tuition. For FAFSA purposes, you still must choose Grad for financial aid if you have received a Bachelor's.

2. Tuition cost. I am out of state and my tuition is about 9,000 per semester. In state tuition is 3,000.

3. I know some people's financial aid wasn't posted because they weren't registered for classes yet... You will get your schedules during orientation and will be able to register then. Financial aid SHOULD be worked out by registration if not 24 hours after.
Hey so if you haven’t received a bachelors, do you select undergraduate on fasfa?

Hey so if you haven’t received a bachelors, do you select undergraduate on fasfa?

Yes, I'm pretty sure. You'll have time to refile FAFSA during orientation if it's wrong but it's better to get it in early because some people didn't get their refunds/reimbursements until much later in September.

I’m trying to set my appointment to take care of fingerprints but it’s didnt allow me to put in the access code. Is that why it cost or should the access code screen come up?!

Hey everybody! Is there any paperwork we need to bring with us on Monday for orientation? I'm pretty sure everything they asked for we submitted electronically. Just wanted to be sure. Can't wait to meet you all

Hey everybody! Is there any paperwork we need to bring with us on Monday for orientation? I'm pretty sure everything they asked for we submitted electronically. Just wanted to be sure. Can't wait to meet you all
You have to bring two copies of the ferpa student consent forms to be turned in during orientation. It was the last thing listed on the checklist

So, I keep getting these emails:

"A message from UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT SUCCESS CENTER

Dear Tory Paul,

Good afternoon! The Administration, Faculty, and Staff, are excited to begin another academic year at Florida A&M University. We await the opportunity to further help you obtain your goals and aspirations of graduating from this prestigious University.

After reviewing our records, we have noticed you have not registered for the fall 2018 semester. We strongly recommend meeting with your Academic Advisor, if you have not done so already, and registering for classes as soon as possible.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact your Academic Advisor. We look forward to seeing you on the Hill! Go Rattlers!! "

I have no idea what its talking about... I looked through iRattler website and most of the classes are TBA or it says the class isn't posted yet. I'm waiting for my GI Bill to appear as well. I choose First Prof. Year (I only have an Associates) for FASFA but like some others I was only offered an UNSUBLN. No one answers when I call... you guys are my best option for answers!

Hey y’all, congrats to your journey in pharmacy. Wish y’all the best. I’ve been interested in pharmacy for years now and for you to reach the next step is something to salute to.

Reactions: 2 users
So, I keep getting these emails:

"A message from UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT SUCCESS CENTER

Dear Tory Paul,

Good afternoon! The Administration, Faculty, and Staff, are excited to begin another academic year at Florida A&M University. We await the opportunity to further help you obtain your goals and aspirations of graduating from this prestigious University.

After reviewing our records, we have noticed you have not registered for the fall 2018 semester. We strongly recommend meeting with your Academic Advisor, if you have not done so already, and registering for classes as soon as possible.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact your Academic Advisor. We look forward to seeing you on the Hill! Go Rattlers!! "

I have no idea what its talking about... I looked through iRattler website and most of the classes are TBA or it says the class isn't posted yet. I'm waiting for my GI Bill to appear as well. I choose First Prof. Year (I only have an Associates) for FASFA but like some others I was only offered an UNSUBLN. No one answers when I call... you guys are my best option for answers!
The best way to handle the financial aid situation is going to the campus and speaking to someone directly. I can tell you things only get done at famu when you speak to someone in person.
Also, we aren't authorized to register for classes until next week during orientation due to us having to consult with an advisor first.

Asking for a classmate, she doesn’t have an account but she has recently gotten accepted into famu pharmacy school main campus but the problem is that her physics II professor gave her a C-. She has a dorm and everything in Florida an has already left from Texas to Florida. Do you guys think she should speak to the dean? I told her to speak to the dean and try to get them to get her to take it over the summer again or online. Because it’s just one class.. what do you guys think?

Asking for a classmate, she doesn’t have an account but she has recently gotten accepted into famu pharmacy school main campus but the problem is that her physics II professor gave her a C-. She has a dorm and everything in Florida an has already left from Texas to Florida. Do you guys think she should speak to the dean? I told her to speak to the dean and try to get them to get her to take it over the summer again or online. Because it’s just one class.. what do you guys think?
Attached is the criteria for prerequisite coursework as stated by Famu's pharmacy application. I would definitely recommend your friend to speak to the dean. Maybe they can come to an agreeable solution.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180814-204627_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180814-204627_Chrome.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 81
Attached is the criteria for prerequisite coursework as stated by Famu's pharmacy application. I would definitely recommend your friend to speak to the dean. Maybe they can come to an agreeable solution.
Okay I will let her know. Is the dean Nicholas? She asked if she should email the dean or go in person ?

Okay I will let her know. Is the dean Nicholas? She asked if she should email the dean or go in person ?
I'm actually not certain on which dean she may need to contact. But if she goes to the famu pharmacy website and look up the directory of faculty/staff, all of their titles and contact info is listed so that may help her contact the right person.

Asking for a classmate, she doesn’t have an account but she has recently gotten accepted into famu pharmacy school main campus but the problem is that her physics II professor gave her a C-. She has a dorm and everything in Florida an has already left from Texas to Florida. Do you guys think she should speak to the dean? I told her to speak to the dean and try to get them to get her to take it over the summer again or online. Because it’s just one class.. what do you guys think?[

though Famu's policies are clear, they can still be changed. Your classmate has to go in person and meet with the Dean of the college of Pharmacy. They might work something out. My only fear if they did not give her spot to another applicant on the wailist? Since you said she has no account.

Last edited:
Is anybody living in Crestview and have to commute to Tallahassee during the week of orientation?

Last edited:
Well she was planning on doing that cause she has an apartment and everything down in Florida. She hasn’t spoke with the dean or anything yet.

Hey you guys! I had a question for those of you who may have attended famu for undergrad. I was wondering since I don’t have a parking pass or anything, do y’all know how I would go about parking? And also if anyone knows where I would park for oreintation since they haven’t given us any info yet! Thanks!

Hey you guys! I had a question for those of you who may have attended famu for undergrad. I was wondering since I don’t have a parking pass or anything, do y’all know how I would go about parking? And also if anyone knows where I would park for oreintation since they haven’t given us any info yet! Thanks!
I have pasted the link to the site you need to visit to register for a parking permit. Once you have done this, your vehicle will be registered with the school, this will allow parking officials to verify that you are a student commuter. You can park anywhere on campus that states 'General Parking'. There is a general parking lot right next to the pharmacy as well as a parking garage next to Famu Village dorms, and there is general parking behind Lee Hall.
FAMU Parking Services - Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University

If any of you guys have any other questions regarding Famu campus overall, feel free to message me and I'll give you guys my number. I'll give you as much info about the school as I can.

I have pasted the link to the site you need to visit to register for a parking permit. Once you have done this, your vehicle will be registered with the school, this will allow parking officials to verify that you are a student commuter. You can park anywhere on campus that states 'General Parking'. There is a general parking lot right next to the pharmacy as well as a parking garage next to Famu Village dorms, and there is general parking behind Lee Hall.
FAMU Parking Services - Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University
Thank you!! I am having trouble logging into famu parking services using my iRattler login. So I’m going to call. Thanks again!

Thank you!! I am having trouble logging into famu parking services using my iRattler login. So I’m going to call. Thanks again!
Are you including the 'famu.edu' part in the username/email section? If you are exclude that portion.

Is anybody living in Crestview and have to commute to Tallahassee during the week of orientation?
I booked a 3 night stay in Tallahassee. I’m not driving 5 hrs a day, especially with the time zone change and having to arrive at 830am. No thanks

Are you including the 'famu.edu' part in the username/email section? If you are exclude that portion.
I had already excluded that portion. I just ended up calling and getting help from someone. I was able to register my vehicle that way. Thanks!!

I had already excluded that portion. I just ended up calling and getting help from someone. I was able to register my vehicle that way. Thanks!!
Okay good. You're welcome love.

Hello everyone! So I am staying at Gibbs hall and apparently it’s awful according to a friend of mine who is a P2 at FAMU. But truth be told, I couldn’t care less abou the dorm, I’m just so ready to start learning about stuff I *actually* care about. I haven’t done any financial aid paperwork or anything like that, I’ll leave that up to orientation. Also, just a reminder, for those of us who took courses over the summer, be sure to bring a copy of your official transcripts to orientation! I believe Ms. Jefferson will need it.

I’m trying to set my appointment to take care of fingerprints but it’s didnt allow me to put in the access code. Is that why it cost or should the access code screen come up?!
The access code should show up. I had to get a refund bc when I went to do that, it somehow didn’t show. I called and someone had to put that in for me & reverse the $49 charge.

I think I'm finally done with everything for now. This process is right up there with buying a house :wtf:
See you all on monday!

Is anyone still looking for housing in Tallahassee? I have one bedroom available in a 2bed 2 bath Apt.

If any of you guys have any other questions regarding Famu campus overall, feel free to message me and I'll give you guys my number. I'll give you as much info about the school as I can.
Hey girl, about the parking situation lol. I just noticed that there is a parking lot right across from famu college of Pharmacy & there is a gated lot. Is that general parking?? Lol