This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Manny. E

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I noticed that in previous years students opened threads as to the status of our applications, so I decided to open a thread as well. While reading through the threads, I realized the following things:

-When you log in to your application, next to where it says status, if you see the tab “Interview”, then you’ve made it to the second round! (CONGRATULATIONS!!!)

-Some people receive emails while others did not receive e-mails for the interview, but the people who didn’t receive emails logged in and saw the interview tab as well

-Interviews for FAMU aren’t posted until late February - early March

-They allow different dates for interviews, so that means not everyone has to rush to the college of pharmacy on the same day

In any case, these are the notes I’ve taken thus far in order to calm myself so as not to pester the college with any more phone calls on my behalf. If anyone does get an interview, please post it on the thread as you may have more information to offer on the situation. I hope we all get accepted into the program my future pharmacists!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Hello everyone, I noticed that in previous years students opened threads as to the status of our applications, so I decided to open a thread as well. While reading through the threads, I realized the following things:

-When you log in to your application, next to where it says status, if you see the tab “Interview”, then you’ve made it to the second round! (CONGRATULATIONS!!!)

-Some people receive emails while others did not receive e-mails for the interview, but the people who didn’t receive emails logged in and saw the interview tab as well

-They allow different dates for interviews, so that means not everyone has to rush to the college of pharmacy on the same day

In any case, these are the notes I’ve taken thus far in order to calm myself so as not to pester the college with any more phone calls on my behalf. If anyone does get an interview, please post it on the thread as you may have more information to offer on the situation. I hope we all get accepted into the program my future pharmacists!

Hello! Thanks for starting this thread. Not sure if it's going to make the waiting any easier... patiently waiting..

Members don't see this ad :)
They’d be doing you a favor if you don’t hear back. Last years NAPLEX pass rates were <60%. Don’t know how they can continue to attract students with numbers like that.

Reactions: 1 users
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a section for class threads and not curent pharmacists...oh wait there is

Reactions: 5 users
Hi guys! I remember how stressful the wait was for me so I just wanted to drop in and encourage you all. Good luck! :)

Reactions: 4 users
I've also applied! Has anyone heard anything yet ?

On my status page I have red exclamation points on the bottom two items. Does anyone else have this too? I sent all my app stuff in back in December.

On my status page I have red exclamation points on the bottom two items. Does anyone else have this too? I sent all my app stuff in back in December.

Hi,

I have that on my profile as well. It is a little scary looking but I called the office of student services and had someone personally check on my application to ensure that they had everything they needed, and they said I was fine. Also, mine still says "submitted" and not "audit complete" like some of the others do, so I'm hoping maybe they just haven't gotten to mine yet.

OK. That is good to know. Thanks for the reply. :)

Hi,

I have that on my profile as well. It is a little scary looking but I called the office of student services and had someone personally check on my application to ensure that they had everything they needed, and they said I was fine. Also, mine still says "submitted" and not "audit complete" like some of the others do, so I'm hoping maybe they just haven't gotten to mine yet.

Reactions: 1 user
I have the red dots as well. I emailed the school and hope to hear something back soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here! But it says they have completed an audit so hopefully that's a good thing.

Same here! But it says they have completed an audit so hopefully that's a good thing.
Hi, where do you see it say "audit complete?" Mine still only says submitted

Hi, where do you see it say "audit complete?" Mine still only says submitted
It says it where 'submitted' use to be. They may not have gotten to your application just yet.

It says it where 'submitted' use to be. They may not have gotten to your application just yet.
Yeah, that's what I figured. Thank you! I'm just getting more and more nervous as the days pass by.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Thank you! I'm just getting more and more nervous as the days pass by.
Me too! This waiting game is killing me! I just really hope all of us get admitted!

Reactions: 2 users
They’d be doing you a favor if you don’t hear back. Last years NAPLEX pass rates were <60%. Don’t know how they can continue to attract students with numbers like that.

It is true that their NAPLEX passing rate for first time test takers was in the 60%~; however, the Dean mentioned that they will be implementing a crash course at the end of your P4 to summarize everything you need to know before the exam. I wouldn't base the college's performance based on one year's results, considering that the passing rate for October of 2017 went back to over 80%. I feel it all just depends on how much you study after the exam, or at least that's what the pharmacists I've worked with have told me who went to FAMU. Lastly, I also don't see the "audit complete" option on my application, but I wouldn't fret over that. I made sure the college received everything they needed ahead of time and spoke with an adviser on my application in January and she said they had everything and to wait as they try to go through the applications very carefully and pick the most well rounded students, although I'm not entirely sure as to what she meant by "well rounded". In any case, I am still hopeful and determined to go to FAMU. Personally, I have over 80 credits, so I lack my bachelors degree. If I fail to get accepted, I have psychologically prepared myself to just transfer as a bachelor in pharmacy and try again next year. Although, based on what the adviser mentioned, a student with a 3.0~ GPA is more than qualified to enter the program. I believe in all of us, we can all get in!

Reactions: 4 users
Hi you guys! I am currently a P1 at FAMU. If you have any questions, feel free to inbox me.

With that being said, if you have options to go anywhere else for pharmacy than FAMU, DO IT!
I was accepted to multiple schools and ultimately decided on FAMU and I regret it every week. FAMU is very unorganized and unprofessional.

It is true that their NAPLEX passing rate for first time test takers was in the 60%~; however, the Dean mentioned that they will be implementing a crash course at the end of your P4 to summarize everything you need to know before the exam. I wouldn't base the college's performance based on one year's results, considering that the passing rate for October of 2017 went back to over 80%. I feel it all just depends on how much you study after the exam, or at least that's what the pharmacists I've worked with have told me who went to FAMU. Lastly, I also don't see the "audit complete" option on my application, but I wouldn't fret over that. I made sure the college received everything they needed ahead of time and spoke with an adviser on my application in January and she said they had everything and to wait as they try to go through the applications very carefully and pick the most well rounded students, although I'm not entirely sure as to what she meant by "well rounded". In any case, I am still hopeful and determined to go to FAMU. Personally, I have over 80 credits, so I lack my bachelors degree. If I fail to get accepted, I have psychologically prepared myself to just transfer as a bachelor in pharmacy and try again next year. Although, based on what the adviser mentioned, a student with a 3.0~ GPA is more than qualified to enter the program. I believe in all of us, we can all get in!

Hahaha, everyone who takes it in October has 6-7 months to study.
It's also 80% of the 40% who failed.
Of course it's higher.

You cannot teach P1-P3 in a "crash course", especially during P4.

You should be busy enough with APPE

Hey everyone. Did anybody apply to the pharmacy program with a Bachelors Degree?

I called yesterday and the lady told me we should be hearing back in a couple weeks..and to check the email used on the application. After spring break.
Hey everyone. Did anybody apply to the pharmacy program with a Bachelors Degree?

I did.

I called yesterday and the lady told me we should be hearing back in a couple weeks..and to check the email used on the application. After spring break.

I did.
Did you also apply to famu admissions? I was told by the pharm department that I had to apply for the professional program through famu undergrad application

Did you also apply to famu admissions? I was told by the pharm department that I had to apply for the professional program through famu undergrad application

Yes i did. They told me because you can transition from an undergrad to the professional you had to apply. Its a bit silly but that's their process.

This is very common for a lot of universities.

UT also makes applicants apply the the undergrad university

Yes i did. They told me because you can transition from an undergrad to the professional you had to apply. Its a bit silly but that's their process.
Oh okay it is very weird. I'm already a current famu student so I didn't understand why that was necessary. Glad to know others are doing the same process. Thank you.

Hi you guys! I am currently a P1 at FAMU. If you have any questions, feel free to inbox me.

With that being said, if you have options to go anywhere else for pharmacy than FAMU, DO IT!
I was accepted to multiple schools and ultimately decided on FAMU and I regret it every week. FAMU is very unorganized and unprofessional.

Can you being specific for your reasons for such a opinion about the school ??

Hi Everyone!

I’m a transfer with my bachelor’s degree. My application status changed today to audit complete. (I’ve been stalking the page everyday) I’m sooooo nervous!

The update actually showed up on the Home page underneath all of the instructions for applying. My status page still has red exclamation marks but I’m assuming there is something wrong with their system as it appears that most people experience that as well.

Are you all waiting to apply for FAFSA until you 100% know you are attending the school? Or have you done so already?

This forum is completely helpful so thanks to everyone who has shared their knowledge, hoping we all get the opportunity to attend pharmacy school! I know we’ve all worked so hard for this moment.
:highfive:

Reactions: 1 users
Hi Everyone!

I’m a transfer with my bachelor’s degree. My application status changed today to audit complete. (I’ve been stalking the page everyday) I’m sooooo nervous!

The update actually showed up on the Home page underneath all of the instructions for applying. My status page still has red exclamation marks but I’m assuming there is something wrong with their system as it appears that most people experience that as well.

Are you all waiting to apply for FAFSA until you 100% know you are attending the school? Or have you done so already?

This forum is completely helpful so thanks to everyone who has shared their knowledge, hoping we all get the opportunity to attend pharmacy school! I know we’ve all worked so hard for this moment.
I have went ahead and completed my fasfa already

I finally just gave up hearing something back. I applied to 13 other schools and have gotten interviews at all 13 schools. I’ve lost faith in admissions at this school because everytime I call I get the runaround and told I’ll get a call back. It’s so unorganized and unprofessional

Hi there. I’m starting a second career in pharmacy. I have a BS in molecular biology, MEd in Ed leadership, and doctorate in curriculum and instruction. I’ve been in k-12 and higher ed for most of my career but I just got burned out. Gonna try something new and exciting—I hope.

I have went ahead and completed my fasfa already

Hi Everyone!

You have an eye for details...I checked mine ..still red dots but homepage indicates audit complete

did anyone get interview invite ?? Interviews are already going on but not for transfer students

So far I have asked my friends (who are now pharmacists) who graduated from FAMU that they are going to be allowing interviews for those with bachelors degrees initially, and afterwards they will screen those with associates degrees or those who have fulfilled their prerequisites. Although I hope we all hear something hopefully within the next two weeks as the stress is fundamentally eating me alive. And as for everyone who heard back from other schools, if you decide to go to another school, I wish you the best of luck in your interviews! Knock ‘em dead!

I haven't either so I'm getting really nervous. This forum has been really helpful though so I appreciate the information I got from here! :)

Hi there. I’m starting a second career in pharmacy. I have a BS in molecular biology, MEd in Ed leadership, and doctorate in curriculum and instruction. I’ve been in k-12 and higher ed for most of my career but I just got burned out. Gonna try something new and exciting—I hope.

LOL...in 5 years you will realize the Pit of Misery that is your new job if you are lucky enough to grab one. Hey, you may like it only working 20-24 hours a week.

I just went on my application and I saw the interview tab you mentioned and it says I got the interview! Thank you for pointing that out cause I hadn't received an email

I just went on my application and I saw the interview tab you mentioned and it says I got the interview! Thank you for pointing that out cause I hadn't received an email
I got one too! Congratulations!!! :highfive:

Received an email today for an interview!!!

I haven’t received an email, nor do I have the interview tab. However, AHHHH!!! I’m so happy for you guys! I am still very hopeful that I’ll get an interview, and hope that all of you get an interview as well. Just keep checking every day!

Does anybody know what I.T means if the application doesn’t have audit complete.

Does anybody know what I.T means if the application doesn’t have audit complete.

I second this question. My application also doesn’t say audit complete. I was wondering if the ones who have had an interview invitation had audit complete on their application or not? Also, if anyone has any information regarding whether or not the university sends out rejection letters, that would also be greatly appreciated.