FAMU College of Pharmacy 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
-I contacted the COP and I was told that the address is specifically 153 Woodruff Avenue, Crestview, Fl 32536.

-Orientation will be in Tallahassee

-I was told to secure your own housing using the address of the COP

-More information will be forthcoming when they have it

-Call them if you have any questions

Members don't see this ad.

What do you think the price range should be for a 2 bed/2bath?
Thanks

I would think a 2bed/2bath should run like $700 there with some utilities, Here is another complex about 6 miles away. belaireterrace.com

Remember if you don’t want to necessary stay in Crestview there are other area's nearby like Niceville, Fort Walton Beach, Destin. You can look on craiglist also a lot of local apt places list on there as well. I will be driving about 30 miles from Destin myself.

-
-Orientation will be in Tallahassee

That stinks, will have to get a hotel room for those days I guess.

i was thinking the same thing.... but at least their thinking about us...right? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I would think a 2bed/2bath should run like $700 there with some utilities, Here is another complex about 6 miles away. belaireterrace.com

Remember if you don't want to necessary stay in Crestview there are other area's nearby like Niceville, Fort Walton Beach, Destin. You can look on craiglist also a lot of local apt places list on there as well. I will be driving about 30 miles from Destin myself.

That stinks, will have to get a hotel room for those days I guess.
$799 at Belairre Terrace without internet and cable which the lady said would be about an additional $110 to $120 which increases the price to a little more than the other complex.

I saw some really cheap homes online...but they seemed a little run down.

The gas from 30 miles away (60 miles roundtrip) would eliminate any savings from those locations.

I'm going to take your advice though and keep looking around for a while. I still have some time.

Thanks

Seems like there is a lot of us here going to Crestview, we should have a separate thread or something so we know who all is going there. Sounds like all their pre-pharm students are probably staying in Tally.

Hello...I am kinda late in the game on finding this site haha I got into Cview too...I am from cview also so if you guys have any general questions about it let me know :)

So anyone who was looking for a roomate, I found a three bedroom townhome 2.6 miles from our school, it would be me and my husband, we didn't know if anyone is looking for a place so we could all share the expenses, since none of us will be able to work a lot.

Seems like there is a lot of us here going to Crestview, we should have a separate thread or something so we know who all is going there. Sounds like all their pre-pharm students are probably staying in Tally.

I believe a lot of their students got accepted this time around.There is no need for a separate thread. LOL The other 2 or 3 of us that got accepted to Tally campus can just message each other :cool:.

Do any one know if we have a facebook page (that actually works) for 2016 class? or does any one want to create one?

Hello Everybody! I'm new to this site. I got accepted to the Crestview campus as it seems many of you did as well. I am also looking for possibly 1 or 2 roommates

Members don't see this ad :)
If anybody knows anyone who decline their seats for Tallahassee, please let us know.

Has anyone gotten any additional paperwork? The only thing i received was an acceptance notice with the paperwork for the health screeing, but it looks like it came with undergrad stuff?

$799 at Belairre Terrace without internet and cable which the lady said would be about an additional $110 to $120 which increases the price to a little more than the other complex.

I saw some really cheap homes online...but they seemed a little run down.

The gas from 30 miles away (60 miles roundtrip) would eliminate any savings from those locations.

I'm going to take your advice though and keep looking around for a while. I still have some time.

Thanks
Here is a link to maps of where the different Crestview Apartment complexes are. I hope this will help you in your search! :)

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&b...&ei=1XK6T47zOqiY2wWG5uG1CQ&sqi=2&ved=0CBUQyBM

Has anyone gotten any additional paperwork? The only thing i received was an acceptance notice with the paperwork for the health screeing, but it looks like it came with undergrad stuff?
I only received the acceptance letter with the form that had to be faxed back to them...were we supposed to have received something thing else?

nope but i'm waiting on the forms as well.... i think they will send the health forms out mid june...after they let the wait listed people know if they are accepted or not..soo that they dont have to send out forms twice. "kill two birds with one stone".. however that goes LOL. :)

I just received an email from admissions that the admissions packets are in the mail.

Thanks Nerdygirl,that was very helpful. I am leaning towards Springcreek. They are a little more expensive but I like that they are limited access(gated community) and brand new. They are also close to campus at just 1.2 miles.

Last edited:
I called the other day, we do not have to register for the "undergrad" orientation. They said that we should get more info in July.

Does anyone know if the tuition on their site is still accurate? It's listed at $13,400 for graduate degrees thats FANTASTIC!

No, that's not correct. The tuition for the first two years is undergrad tuition. The last two years are grad. This is what I was told during the tour of the building after the interview....but you know..I'm still waiting on concrete information too. Undergrad tuition is $142.87 per credit. So for example...the first semester tuition would be about 16 credit hours X 150 approx $2600. For annual tuition you would x2=$5400. So tuition ONLY would be about $6000 per year for the first two years. The graduate tuition is $305.80 per credit X16= $4892.80 per semester..so let's say approximately $10,000 per year for tuition only for the next two years. Of course that does not include housing, books etc. ...but you said tuition. After the first two years then tuition would be at the graduate rate. The cost you stated was the "estimated"cost of attendance...not tuition.

So tuition should run us...a loose estimation of about $32,000 for the full 4 years. Again that is TUITION ONLY and does not include fees, books, housing etc...but it's much better than most Pharm Schools because that would be tuition for 1 year only for some of these schools.

This was the information I was given at the interview on the tour so please don't kill me if it turns out to be different....

Happy Memorial Weekend everyone!

Last edited:
No, that's not correct. The tuition for the first two years is undergrad tuition. The last two years are grad. This is what I was told during the tour of the building after the interview....but you know..I'm still waiting on concrete information too. Undergrad tuition is $142.87 per credit. So for example...the first semester tuition would be about 16 credit hours X 150 approx $2600. For annual tuition you would x2=$5400. So tuition ONLY would be about $6000 per year for the first two years. The graduate tuition is $305.80 per credit X16= $4892.80 per semester..so let's say approximately $10,000 per year for tuition only for the next two years. Of course that does not include housing, books etc. ...but you said tuition. After the first two years then tuition would be at the graduate rate. The cost you stated was the "estimated"cost of attendance...not tuition.

So tuition should run us...a loose estimation of about $32,000 for the full 4 years. Again that is TUITION ONLY and does not include fees, books, housing etc...but it's much better than most Pharm Schools because that would be tuition for 1 year only for some of these schools.

This was the information I was given at the interview on the tour so please don't kill me if it turns out to be different....

Happy Memorial Weekend everyone!

Do you know the fees for out of state tuition?

I called this morning and the woman i spoke to said that they do charge the undergrad rate for tuition until you hit certain course levels and then it goes to graduate rates.

So Yardiepharm, you seem correct i didnt realize it was that cheap, thats fantastic it will be awesome to owe so little when done especially since i will have to borrow a little extra to live on.

Do you know the fees for out of state tuition?

Ouit of state fees...WOW...thank God I'm in state
For undergrad its $540.89 per creditx16=$8654.24 ...give or take
For grad, about $900 per creditx16=$14,400

I would say about $50,000 for TUITION without fees, books etc... for the 4 years

Still excellent considering what you pay at other schools

Ouit of state fees...WOW...thank God I'm in state
For undergrad its $540.89 per creditx16=$8654.24 ...give or take
For grad, about $900 per creditx16=$14,400

I would say about $50,000 for TUITION without fees, books etc... for the 4 years

Still excellent considering what you pay at other schools

Thank you. I'm going to attempt to get
an out of state fee waiver. Lol pray for me

Has anyone called or heard anything about getting extra information or information regarding financial aid or what not I would like to file for loan etc.. as early as I can to get it done with.

Hey everyone I am still trying to get this living situation situated. I was looking at buying a townhouse or renting an apartment and was looking for females as roomates.

Has anyone called or heard anything about getting extra information or information regarding financial aid or what not I would like to file for loan etc.. as early as I can to get it done with.

I called chris because I too need aid to attend. I was told no awards have been made to date. Check i rattler in the next few weeks...but he couldn't tell me exactly when. Just keep checking. He did tell me that my classification for aid was graduate so I hope that is true because undergraduate limits are much less.

I called chris because I too need aid to attend. I was told no awards have been made to date. Check i rattler in the next few weeks...but he couldn't tell me exactly when. Just keep checking. He did tell me that my classification for aid was graduate so I hope that is true because undergraduate limits are much less.

I keep noticing people mentioning i rattler, how do guys get on that? where or when did you receive the ID info? Thanks

You can also get it from this website i believe https://www.famu.edu/uac/ i signed into the irattler but i didnt notice anything in there that was useful? did i miss it?

i called yesterday and they said they are getting checklist packets ready to go out next week, and that alot of stuff like fingerprinting, background checks etc. are going to be done during orientation in Aug.

I guess since my fafsa said i am not eligble for a pell grant the next step is to fill out the loan apps?

So we need to send in our final transcripts by july 1st correct? does anyone know where we are sending those to? thanks

Well, i got a packet this weekend, didnt really have a lot o fnew info in it.

Has anyone applied for financial aid yet? loans to live off of?

Has anyone moved to Crestview yet?

I went to Ceestview today and applied at Bel Aire Terrace. They hv 1 bdrms starting at $670ish. The deadline for waived app fees is 7/31. Everything is included in rent except lights and water which is reasonable. I didn't even look anywhere else because I was very pleased! There is a $150 administrative fee. Deposits are due when moving in.

hey class of 2016, i will be applying this upcoming year to the FAMU COP.... any advice, or regrets that someone else should not do? please spill....

I ll not be a famu alumni however I got accepted when I applied! Make sure you do all the applications and send out everything before Christmas time! If there is anything in the apps that is not clear make sure you call famu before you fill it.. write a good essay... If you get an interview, be prepared for an awful one but don't worry I thought I did terrible but I still got accepted

Sent from my HTC Glacier using SDN Mobile

Any one else having "fun" with the financial aid office

Last edited:
Any one else having "fun" with the financial aid office

I call everyday and noone answers. I also left messages in Irattler and noone replies. This is extremely frustrating because I'm not sure how I am going to pay for school. It's un settling.

Is there anyone out there who got a decent package and can share with us what you received?

I'm dealing with the same situation. I was told that they are working on our fin aid. As far as calling and not getting through...you have to continue to call until you receive the call waiting messages about the college...then after a additional 15-20 min someone will pick up. I agree its really frustrating...considering i turned in all of my stuff really early soo that i would no be in this predicament. Then to top it all off i was told that im not going to receive a lot of money because im still considered ungrad. :( I called a couple of weeks ago (cops) and was told that we are supposed to sign up for classes and purchase books during orientation. AND on top of that i have sent in my transcripts (3) times for them to tell me they have not receive them and that i still have a hold on my record!!! AGHHHHHH....