FAMU College of Pharmacy 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok when i called yesterday the lady told me they were done sending acceptance letters, and they were going to send out rejection and wait-list letters today so idk about that

Omg! I don't know what to do now.

Members don't see this ad.

Omg! I don't know what to do now.

I know its crazy, but that's Famu for you, In the past some people got their acceptance letters a week before school started in August. So just pray you are on the wait-list at least you still have a chance. Hopefully you get the letter tomorrow. All the best!

Or maybe the people they asked about distance learning got accepted there. I didn't get a distance learning question. Hmmm. Then again I selected I wanted to attend the main campus, so maybe they asked that question to people who selected crestview or no preference.

I thought that everyone took a distance learning survey at the end?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know its crazy, but that's Famu for you, In the past some people got their acceptance letters a week before school started in August. So just pray you are on the wait-list at least you still have a chance. Hopefully you get the letter tomorrow. All the best!
Ziggy did you get accepted anywhere else? I was waitlisted at Maryland. So im waiting until the deposit day clears and ill go from there.

I thought that everyone took a distance learning survey at the end?
I apologize. In my earlier post I was referring to the interview itself. I didn't get a question during the interview about distance learning. I did take the survey though. One of my friends told me he got a question related to the distance learning program. He too was accepted at the Crestview campus.

I apologize. In my earlier post I was referring to the interview itself. I didn't get a question during the interview about distance learning. I did take the survey though. One of my friends told me he got a question related to the distance learning program. He too was accepted at the Crestview campus.
I was asked the distance learning question during the interview and was accepted to Crestview. I think it's a combination of all three. Your preference, interview responses and survey results. If your survey results showed that you would not be an ideal candidate for distance learning, maybe Crestview wouldn't be in your best interest. Also, just because you can learn independently doesn't mean you prefer that. For me, it depends on the class. Some are great for distance learning, others are not.
I selected both Crestview and Tallahassee on my application. I also told them that I have been successful in all of my distance learning classes. I have been, but for some classes I really prefer interaction with students and professors. I'm just grateful to have been accepted.
I am keeping my fingers crossed for everyone...don't give up hope. Pray for good news today!

Last edited:
I was asked the distance learning question during the interview and was accepted to Crestview. I think it's a combination of all three. Your preference, interview responses and survey results. If your survey results showed that you would not be an ideal candidate for distance learning, maybe Crestview wouldn't be in your best interest. Also, just because you can learn independently doesn't mean you prefer that. For me, it depends on the class. Some are great for distance learning, others are not.
I selected both Crestview and Tallahassee on my application. I also told them that I have been successful in all of my distance learning classes. I have been, but for some classes I really prefer interaction with students and professors. I'm just grateful to have been accepted.
I am keeping my fingers crossed for everyone...don't give up hope. Pray for good news today!

From your answer, I can see why they chose you for the Crestview campus. I'm sure they were impressed that not only had you had experience, but was successful with your distance learning classes. After the interview, I did not take the survey seriously because my mind was still on the interview. To be honest, I could have been signing my life away and would not have known it. I would suggest that they make it an option as to when you could take the survey. I would have preferred to take mines after the tour. LOL I hope this doesn't seem like I regret where they placed me, because I am grateful where they placed me.

Good luck to everyone. Another friend of mine declined their acceptance. I hope if you guys are waitlisted that you can get the slots that has been declined so far. I will keep you in my prayers.

Congratulation everyone! I got my acceptance letter to the Crestview location! looking for an apartment and a roommate anyone up for it? I am so excited!

if you have not receive:) a letter yet don't give up hope!

Hello everyone! I was looking for a site to find some ppl who would be at FAMU COP in the fall and this looks like the place! I live in Mississippi and was in AGONY until I saw my letter on the table last night after work! I got accepted to the crestview location Oh and CONGRATS to all of you! Whoever is still waiting, don't lose hope because my interview was HORRIBLE! I drank a 5 hour energy for the first time right before and was TOO jittery and burst into tears for NO reason at the beginning! Those drinks are the DEVIL! I'm sure they thought I was INSANE! :laugh:

Hello everyone! I was looking for a site to find some ppl who would be at FAMU COP in the fall and this looks like the place! I live in Mississippi and was in AGONY until I saw my letter on the table last night after work! I got accepted to the crestview location Oh and CONGRATS to all of you! Whoever is still waiting, don't lose hope because my interview was HORRIBLE! I drank a 5 hour energy for the first time right before and was TOO jittery and burst into tears for NO reason at the beginning! Those drinks are the DEVIL! I'm sure they thought I was INSANE! :laugh:

WOW!!! :laugh: I am happy that you got accepted.

Seems like most people got accepted to the Crestview location. I wonder does this mean they accepted more of their students than transfer students this time around.

WOW!!! :laugh: I am happy that you got accepted.

Seems like most people got accepted to the Crestview location. I wonder does this mean they accepted more of their students than transfer students this time around.
Thanks and congrats to you!!! I don't know...but I REALLY hope to see more acceptances on here tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulation everyone! I got my acceptance letter to the Crestview location! looking for an apartment and a roommate anyone up for it? I am so excited!

Congrats!!!

Congrats!!! Power of 5 hour energy drink lol....

Congrats!

Congrats!

From your answer, I can see why they chose you for the Crestview campus. I'm sure they were impressed that not only had you had experience, but was successful with your distance learning classes. After the interview, I did not take the survey seriously because my mind was still on the interview. To be honest, I could have been signing my life away and would not have known it. I would suggest that they make it an option as to when you could take the survey. I would have preferred to take mines after the tour. LOL I hope this doesn't seem like I regret where they placed me, because I am grateful where they placed me.

Good luck to everyone. Another friend of mine declined their acceptance. I hope if you guys are waitlisted that you can get the slots that has been declined so far. I will keep you in my prayers.

I agree with you...that interview was tough, and I felt a bit insecure afterwards as well.

I got my acceptance letter to the tallahassee campus last saturday. :) Good luck to everyone else!

Yes. There is a group for the class of 2016. Everyone that gets in should join!

Have they sent out waitlist or rejection letters? My friend hasn't received an acceptance or anything at all...does anyone know?

I don't think FAMU gives out Alternate list, I think they just gives out rejection letter.. BTW, I just decline my seat to FAMU, so if there is such thing as alternate list for FAMU, then you might be lucky. Good Luck to all of you. and pray for me so i get into MCPHS worcester campus. lol

I don't think FAMU gives out Alternate list, I think they just gives out rejection letter.. BTW, I just decline my seat to FAMU, so if there is such thing as alternate list for FAMU, then you might be lucky. Good Luck to all of you. and pray for me so i get into MCPHS worcester campus. lol

Yes, they have wait-listed.
Does FAMU require deposit after someone accept their offer and how much?
Good luck to you, let us know the result. God will help us get to our destination.

You got accepted to famu?

Yes, they have wait-listed.
Does FAMU require deposit after someone accept their offer and how much?
Good luck to you, let us know the result. God will help us get to our destination.

No deposit. You have to sign a form saying you accept and then fax it. After you fax it, you have to mail the same form in by may 18th.

Yardie,
Did your friend get anything?
Yes TallPharm he got a denial letter yesterday, he lives in Miami. For those of us who got accepted, I finally realize how extremely lucky and blessed we are. His denial hit home for me...it was really an eye opener because he has an excellent resume. It has made me realize that your GPA can be greater than 3.5, you can be an Engineer or even a Chemistry tutor. You can just simply be phenomenal... and still not get accepted to any Pharmacy school. They are not just looking for numbers, and I am not exactly sure what they were looking for...but thank God I was in that group.

For those of you who are still waiting, I encourage you not to give up hope. If all bets are off for this year..there is always next year. Don't abandon your dream. Most of you are still very young. Apply early and broadly, and do eveything in your power to stand out from the "crowd". I know that everyone of us was deserving...that is why we were all interviewed. For those of you who were waitlisted...you were given a gift and there is still a chance. Let them know how badly you want to be at FAMU...that FAMU is your choice...that you are still interested. Do whatever you can to communicate that to the Pharmacy School...and then pray...

Have a Happy Mother's Day!

Have a great week everyone!

Last edited:
hey does anyone know the address of the school in crestview. I've been trying to look for apartments

hey does anyone know the address of the school in crestview. I've been trying to look for apartments
I've scoured the internet for the exact address but I've only found that it is in downtown Crestview at the Alatex Building, located on Woodruff Avenue between Main and Wilson streets. If you find the exact address...please post it. Thanks

I am not sure of it, but crestview is pretty small so generally you will not be that far away if you stay in crestview.

I've scoured the internet for the exact address but I've only found that it is in downtown Crestview at the Alatex Building, located on Woodruff Avenue between Main and Wilson streets. If you find the exact address...please post it. Thanks

I think the address for the FAMU College of Pharmacy in Crestview is located at 204 N Main Street and 120 West Woodruff avenue Crestview, Florida, 32536, I hope this will definitely help, you can also read this link as well...

http://ufdcimages.uflib.ufl.edu/UF/00/02/84/11/00707/03-10-2012.pdf

Last edited:
Have they sent out waitlist or rejection letters? My friend hasn't received an acceptance or anything at all...does anyone know?

Yep I think waitlist was sent out and I hope all those students who were accepted into other Pharmacy schools of preference will inform FAMU COP so that those student that are on the waitlist will get an oppertunity to enter FAMU Pharmacy program...

Yep I think waitlist was sent out and I hope all those students who were accepted into other Pharmacy schools of preference will inform FAMU COP so that those student that are on the waitlist will get an oppertunity to enter FAMU Pharmacy program...
People who are on the list have until June 20th to hear something from FAMU.

People who are on the list have until June 20th to hear something from FAMU.

Yep tallPharm thats right students who were placed on that list have to wait until that date, hopefully those on the waitlist will hear something positive soon and congrats to all those who were accepted...

These apartments look pretty nice Crestview Crew. I wonder if they have any specials..I guess I will call tommorrow. I also need to ask FAMU COP if they have made arrangements for any specials for us. Perhaps if we all rented there or another complex, they would give us all discounts on apartments since there is no housing provided for us. I'm not sure...but this is one of a few that I found. I like that it's limited access...gated and that the apartments were built last year.

http://springcreekcrestview.com/home/

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

OmG im soo happy someone on here is talking abou the living situation for crestveiw. I agree with you the the apartment that you have linked is really nice... please do call to see if they have made any accomadation for us students. :) and let me know. I plan to drive their soon just to see about that, the town and the pharmacy building.

OmG im soo happy someone on here is talking abou the living situation for crestveiw. I agree with you the the apartment that you have linked is really nice... please do call to see if they have made any accomadation for us students. :) and let me know. I plan to drive their soon just to see about that, the town and the pharmacy building.

According to the papers the building won’t be finished until the end of June or early July, but you could definitely see the town and everything.

Hello everyone, I wish I knew about this forum for my application process, it would have been extremely helpful! Those interview questions posted were dead on btw. But I interviewed on the last day (April 20) and got my acceptance letter last week. I am really excited and want to congratulate all who have also been accepted also. To those that may have gotten a rejection letter or put on the wait list all I have to say is Don’t give up Hope! This time last year I also received a rejection letter from FAMU and it really blew me, but remember everything happens for a reason. Because of that rejection I was able to graduate, travel, work, and get experience making me 100x a better candidate than I was a year ago!

Also I have been accepted to the Crestview campus and have been looking for places to stay and possibly roommate(s). Wish there was more info online other than "Coming Soon!' though.

I called SpringCreek and spoke to Callin, the manager of the property. Kalen said that they had a special for FAMU Pharmacy students. She also said she had been speaking to the director and that FAMU said they were creating a package to distribute at orientation. Spring Creek has specials for FAMU students, so I'm sure every other community will have them too. She said $751 for one bedroom, and $936.86 for two bedrooms, plus an additional 5% off. This includes high speed internet and cable. It is unfurnished but they will refer you to a furniture company that has student packages. The washer and dryer is $25 a month extra..if you want it...otherwise you just have the hook ups. $250 deposit for one or two beds. She said they are 1.5 miles away from campus.

This community is the only gated community in Crestview...according to the apartment manager.

I hope this helps, but if not continue to check...I'm sure all apartments will have specials.

Have a great day!

Last edited:
I called SpringCreek and spoke to Callin, the manager of the property. Kalen said that they had a special for FAMU Pharmacy students. She also said she had been speaking to the director and that FAMU said they were creating a package to distribute at orientation. Spring Creek has specials for FAMU students, so I'm sure every other community will have them too. She said $751 for one bedroom, and $936.86 for two bedrooms, plus an additional 5% off. This includes high speed internet and cable. It is unfurnished but they will refer you to a furniture company that has student packages. The washer and dryer is $25 a month extra..if you want it...otherwise you just have the hook ups. $250 deposit for one or two beds. She said they are 1.5 miles away from campus.

This community is the only gated community in Crestview...according to the apartment manager.

I hope this helps, but if not continue to check...I'm sure all apartments will have specials.

Have a great day!

I would look at a few other ones the price seems a little high IMO for that area, if they had out pamplets at orientation won't that be a bit too late?

I would look at a few other ones the price seems a little high IMO for that area, if they had out pamplets at orientation won't that be a bit too late?
Yeah I thought that was too late too...but she said FAMU told her that's when they were going to give them to us. I'm going to contact FAMU and ask them if the information has already been prepared for us.

I've been looking around and I have seen much cheaper apartments, but not with the same amenities that close to campus.

I'm still searching, but please let me know if there are others that are gated close to the school.

What do you think the price range should be for a 2 bed/2bath?

Thanks