FAER Medical Student Research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tarsal-Tunnel

Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes, that could potentially be very helpful for you. Research productivity aside, it's probably going to be one of your best bets to make academic anesthesiology connections before away rotations. Do a good job there and you could get one or more LOR's for your application. The connections you make will be far more important than the fellowship being a one-liner on your CV.

Then there's whatever research you manage to get published. Seems like a win-win scenario if you get one of those fellowships.

I have no specific knowledge about anesthesia but I'm pretty sure it's not so competitive that research years are commonplace.

Yes, that could potentially be very helpful for you. Research productivity aside, it's probably going to be one of your best bets to make academic anesthesiology connections before away rotations. Do a good job there and you could get one or more LOR's for your application. The connections you make will be far more important than the fellowship being a one-liner on your CV.

Then there's whatever research you manage to get published. Seems like a win-win scenario if you get one of those fellowships.

I have no specific knowledge about anesthesia but I'm pretty sure it's not so competitive that research years are commonplace.
Thank you so much! That is good to hear