F1 banded salaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

humperdinck

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Received a package in the post today about my F1 position in Bromley Hospital, Kent. When I spoke to them about 2 months ago, they said I'd be paid base wage plus banding of 1.8/1.5, but in the pack it mentions nothing about banding at all.

Does anyone know if Bromley has lost its banding structure, or whether I'm getting worked up for nothing?!

Thanks

Humps

Members don't see this ad.

Unlikely to be unbanded. That means </= 40hrs week with no calls!

Call human resources at the trust and ask what the banding is for your rotation. They won't tell you. Then you ask them what the current banding is for that job and is it under review? Then they tell you!

Weird but this is the "code conversation" you need to have to get that information before day 1. Most F1s are 2b/1a this year (1.5) or 1b(1.4) rather than 2a (1.8). At least that is the word on the street.

best,

w4g.

Yeah, do what W4G says. If medical staffing still won't tell you (they won't at my trust), go through switch and ask them to bleep the person whose job you'll have in August, and ask them what band they've been on. Preferably in the afternoon when they aren't so busy!

I've heard that there aren't so many 2A jobs around this year too.