Extremely Low PCAT Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nostalgiaultra

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took my PCAT and got a
79 Verbal
51 Biology
7 RC :bigtears:
9 Quantitative :depressed:
72 Chemistry
38 Composite score.
Should I be worried about pharmacy school? I didn't study at all this time around because I just wanted to see what kind of questions would be on there, but I am definitely planning on retaking in January after studying. I feel like with some studying I can bring my Bio, Quant, and Chem scores up significantly. I have a subpar 3.15 (2.8 PharmCAS) and have 2 years as a pharmacy tech and 1 as a senior technician.

Members don't see this ad.

Should have used the official tests from Pearson if you wanted to see what material would be covered, I would say that a retake is definitely mandatory for consideration.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Should have used the official tests from Pearson if you wanted to see what material would be covered, I would say that a retake is definitely mandatory for consideration.
What score do you think I should aim for? I know a 99 is obviously the goal but the lowest I can get to be considered? And also, if I submitted my application, Would schools wait to contact me until after my second pcat is submitted?

The experience helps a lot, but with the lower-than-average GPA (around the same as mine is, and I've been accepted to some schools already) I would probably be comfortable with nothing less than a 70 composite, with good sub-scores in biology and chem.
For comparison--I recieved an 84 composite with chem-91, bio-89, reading-84, verbal-76 ( I think), and a quantitative-39 (without calc). I'm in calc now and I feel like I could at least get a 50 if I retook it now.

Bottom line, higher PCAT will make up for the lower GPA. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
What score do you think I should aim for? I know a 99 is obviously the goal but the lowest I can get to be considered? And also, if I submitted my application, Would schools wait to contact me until after my second pcat is submitted?

You can tell them that you are retaking it so they can wait to take that into consideration. But I know people who got in with a lower score!

I would bet that you'd be able to get into a school even with your low PCAT score. It's really not that hard to get in nowadays. If you really wanted to make sure that you got in, I'd shoot for a 70/80+ composite score.

I know a few schools that say 50 is technically a competitive score and they've gotten in with high 60s/low 70s, but their GPAs were pretty stellar. With yours I would definitely retake.

I just took my PCAT and got a
79 Verbal
51 Biology
7 RC :bigtears:
9 Quantitative :depressed:
72 Chemistry
38 Composite score.
Should I be worried about pharmacy school? I didn't study at all this time around because I just wanted to see what kind of questions would be on there, but I am definitely planning on retaking in January after studying. I feel like with some studying I can bring my Bio, Quant, and Chem scores up significantly. I have a subpar 3.15 (2.8 PharmCAS) and have 2 years as a pharmacy tech and 1 as a senior technician.

retake it in January, and use Pearson

My stats: chem 61, quant :77, bio 79, verbal 22, rc 6 comp42; gpa 3.7! No pharmacy exp, only volunteer hospital 50+hours! I talked to pharmacy school advisor, she told me "you r ok w school where i applied, my score is potentially conpetitive" im not sure i need to retake or not??

My stats: chem 61, quant :77, bio 79, verbal 22, rc 6 comp42; gpa 3.7! No pharmacy exp, only volunteer hospital 50+hours! I talked to pharmacy school advisor, she told me "you r ok w school where i applied, my score is potentially conpetitive" im not sure i need to retake or not??

What school are you applying???

Im want stay w family so texas southern uni is my 1st choice

Last edited: