Externship housing in Arizona and Oregon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigreddog

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It has been quite a while since I have posted on here but I am hoping some people might be willing to point me in the right direction. I'm in my fourth year of vet school and will be doing externships in Phoenix, AZ in September and Corvallis, OR in October. Is anyone from Midwestern or Oregon State willing to try to help me find a place to crash? I occasionally see emails on my school's listserv where classmates ask about visiting students finding temporary housing and was hoping someone might be able to do that for me. If anyone from either school is willing to help, please let me know and we can exchange emails or have a phone call. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Where at are you going to be in AZ? It is a giant area and depending on where you are going to be, crashing in/around Midwestern campus could mean an hour + drive to your externship site.

Where at are you going to be in AZ? It is a giant area and depending on where you are going to be, crashing in/around Midwestern campus could mean an hour + drive to your externship site.
I'm externing with Arizona Fish and Game in Phoenix. The office I'll be working out of is 15 miles from Midwestern.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm externing with Arizona Fish and Game in Phoenix. The office I'll be working out of is 15 miles from Midwestern.

That isn't too bad. Still expect a 30-40ish minute drive for 15 miles at peak rush hour times. I don't know of anyone in that area currently, but if I think of someone I will let you know.

That isn't too bad. Still expect a 30-40ish minute drive for 15 miles at peak rush hour times. I don't know of anyone in that area currently, but if I think of someone I will let you know.
Thank you, I appreciate it.

@hazelmoo maybe might know someone with space?

I live in Corvallis, but I do not have space for you. Sorry!!! If you PM me your info/dates, I can post it on our private school FB group for ya. Also, have you tried the FB externship housing group?

I go to Midwestern but live in Surprise (30-40+ minute drive depending on where in Phoenix). I’m sure my SO and I would be willing to host, we do have 2 dogs and one cat so as long as you don’t mind them! He also works night shifts so has weird hours.

@hazelmoo maybe might know someone with space?

I live in Corvallis, but I do not have space for you. Sorry!!! If you PM me your info/dates, I can post it on our private school FB group for ya. Also, have you tried the FB externship housing group?
A kind soul from SDN reached out to me and I found a place in Corvallis! Thank you for the offer though. I was just approved to join the FB group and will be posting there.

I go to Midwestern but live in Surprise (30-40+ minute drive depending on where in Phoenix). I’m sure my SO and I would be willing to host, we do have 2 dogs and one cat so as long as you don’t mind them! He also works night shifts so has weird hours.
Thank you very much for the offer! I'll PM you.