Experience with Zocdoc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AD04

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have tried or is using Zocdoc, what has been your experience with the following:

1. number of patients signing up

2. no-show rate

3. percentage of addicts

Is there a way to screen patients?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd be interested in this as well. I talked with one of their reps and decided to pass. What I learned:
1. Highly variable. You give them your zip code, whether or not you are insurance based and they can give you an estimate based on similar psychiatrists in your area. In my zip code, if you are cash based and full time it was a high single digit number of new patients/month
2. Not sure
3. not sure.
I remember (I think) that you are able to screen patients.

It's $300/year to sign up and $60/new patient who schedules (not sure if this is refunded for no shows). Though this is considerably cheaper than it used to be, it still seemed steep to me even with their new pricing scheme. I would be interested to hear from a psychiatrist who has actually used them.

Reactions: 1 user
No shows are high. Costs are steep and per patient which is not beneficial over time. In my cash practice, it has negative value.

Edit: If you are starting/ramping up a high volume insurance practice, you could double/triple book evals at the possibility of staying late. While costs are still high, it may be worth it if used this way for 1 year. When you have the referral sources within 1 year, the cost wouldn’t be worth continuing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
using Zocdoc screens for more acute and secondary gain type patients, patients who were booted from other practices or are shopping, and not in the good way. it's opening more risk to a psych practice.

Reactions: 1 users