Anyone have experience with Spring Health?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Coriolanus

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interviewing with this company soon for an independent contractor role for telepsych. Wondering if anyone has experience working for them? My biggest question at this point is if they are able to maintain a steady workflow throughout the day, as they reimburse per patient encounter rather than per hour. The rates per encounter look good, but I don't want to end up in a situation where I am seeing one 15-20 min follow up per hour, with the other 45 minutes free (unpaid). Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

What do they pay? Ask them how many you can see, do they pay for no shows?

Reactions: 1 user
In a production situation they either need to pay you for no shows or they need to be charging for no shows (ideally if you have limited control over the schedule and what kinds of patients you accept, they would be paying for no shows).

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They do pay for no shows apparently, however my main concern is whether they would fill my schedule consistently over the course of a shift. They say you can set your own hours, as little as 1 hour/week to as much as you like, but there does not seem to be any guarantee your schedule will be completely filled with new evals + follow ups during that time. What I am trying to avoid is the equivalent of being an Uber driver parked in the cell phone waiting lot for a large part of the day. I.e. you do get paid for no-shows, but you do not get paid if there is no patient encounter scheduled during that particular portion of your shift.

A question only they can answer.

If negotiations go sour, I do hope you give them the "you common cry of curs!" speech.

Reactions: 1 user
They do pay for no shows apparently, however my main concern is whether they would fill my schedule consistently over the course of a shift. They say you can set your own hours, as little as 1 hour/week to as much as you like, but there does not seem to be any guarantee your schedule will be completely filled with new evals + follow ups during that time. What I am trying to avoid is the equivalent of being an Uber driver parked in the cell phone waiting lot for a large part of the day. I.e. you do get paid for no-shows, but you do not get paid if there is no patient encounter scheduled during that particular portion of your shift.

Right this is why the guaranteed salary 1st year, then production afterwards model is pretty common. Lets the employer take on more of the risk during the ramp up period and provides you with guaranteed income. The only way you could minimize that risk in this situation would be to make them pay you an hourly rate for the first X number of months for X hours per week and then switch to production after that. Who knows if that'll be successful.

As I’ve mentioned in the telepsych thread, these companies should be avoided at all costs. They are the option of last resort for those who don’t have other viable options. These private equity backed companies pursue growth at all costs, they aren’t interested in patient care, and they aren’t interested in you. The pay is not good unless you’re stacking up patients (they expect 45mins for a new and 15-20min for follow up) and it is questionable whether they have the volume to support that. May depend on how many state licenses you have.

Reactions: 9 users
Companies like this are not designed to be great gigs. There are tons of better options, but you have to look for them. This company is better at advertising their opportunities because they struggle to fill them.

Companies like this are not designed to be great gigs. There are tons of better options, but you have to look for them. This company is better at advertising their opportunities because they struggle to fill them.
Any suggestions for where to look?