Experience with ZocDoc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It’s a mixture between weeding out drug seekers and reducing liability of prescribing controlled substances
Ok. Does it?

And really...relying on others assessment to justify YOUR prescription choice AND protect you from liability of that choice? I don't think so.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
This is your very limited personal experience, not an empirical study on the matter.

That said, I can agree in part, in that integrating everything and make optimal use and insights from various Psychological Testing/Tests is difficult and requires great attention to detail, psychometric knowledge/competence, history, psychosocial environment, and knowledge of psychopathology. Thus, not surprisingly, it is very easy to not be great at it in terms of it being super helpful or additive.

I don't really know what all this secretiveness from psychologists is about? I mean, there are certainly some limits about sharing raw test data with non-psychologists or psychotherapy session notes if the patient has not signed a release....but alot of what you seem to be speaking about doesn't seem kosher. So, again, not sure what is happening there?
The ones I refer to send me the hard data. As I refer to them specifically because of this and their testing is excellent.

What I was referring to was notes. That's what I have difficulty getting. I'll ask for a summary instead of notes if they balk.

They then tell me they want to discuss the case instead of send notes. Who has time for that? I just want the the last three notes. I'm not asking for all the notes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok. Does it?

And really...relying on others assessment to justify YOUR prescription choice AND protect you from liability of that choice? I don't think so.
I ask for it in cases where the patient is not getting better with several treatments so I can see if I'm missing something. I send them to the neuropsychologist I trust with good testing.

Reactions: 1 user
Who has time for that? I just want the the last three notes. I'm not asking for all the notes.
You do! This is your job. If you really "don't have time" to talk with any allied health providers about patient care, I would talk to your boss about your scheduled grid.

There is also no conceivable reason to send a psychiatrist "hard data" of your assessment with the patient. This may be copyrighted material that shouldn't be transmitted.

Last edited:
You do! This is your job. If you really "don't have time" to talk with any allied health providers about patient care, I would talk to your boss about your scheduled grid.

There is also no conceivable reason to send a psychiatrist "hard data" of your assessment with the patient. This may be copyrighted material that shouldn't be transmitted.
I just want notes. And the consents are for the notes. There's no reason to not send notes. I'm in private practice. As are many therapists. Too much time to set up talking appts. I talk enough every day.

I just want notes. And the consents are for the notes. There's no reason to not send notes. I'm in private practice. As are many therapists. Too much time to set up talking appts. I talk enough every day.
It is well within a patient's legal rights to withhold this from you.

Me referring someone for an ADHD assessment would be really me not thinking someone really has ADHD but patient still wanting second opinion on the issue. And I probably overdiagnose it..

Reactions: 1 user