Essay for AOA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turkeyjerky

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got an email saying I'd been nominated for AOA but that I have to write a personal statement/essay detailing how humanistic I am. WTF? Anyone else have to do this $hit?

Members don't see this ad.

Ha that sucks. We just had to give them a CV and fill out a form our school wants (which is like a modified CV with spots for things like "Awards" and "Service to the Community" and "Service to your Medical Colleagues" (wtf?)

Got the same email from my aoa chapter.... Needless to say I did not make it... I gotta say though by looking at most of the students who did get in, I would not let them touch me with a 10 foot pole. Only a couple of the students in aoa at my school are great people all around. The other ones are either socially handicapped nerds or popular girls. Kinda not what I thought of aoa.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the same email from my aoa chapter.... Needless to say I did not make it... I gotta say though by looking at most of the students who did get in, I would not let them touch me with a 10 foot pole. Only a couple of the students in aoa at my school are great people all around. The other ones are either socially handicapped nerds or popular girls. Kinda not what I thought of aoa.

I agree 100 percent with the popular girls part but socially handicapped nerds still got screwed for us. There is a 90% chance that your junior AOA was pre-decided by seniors picking the most full-of-themselves outgoing gunnerific turds who were friends with them. This personal statement BS is a waste of your time unless you are a complete kissass or faux-compassionate butthole.

It really can be a confusing/strange selection process. I know two people at my school who should've been no-brainers for AOA selection, yet they didn't get it.

Just got an email saying I'd been nominated for AOA but that I have to write a personal statement/essay detailing how humanistic I am. WTF? Anyone else have to do this $hit?

+pity+Cry me a river, just throw some bull**** on a page as you have been trained to do for the past 18 years and you'll be fine.