eLOR status of "incomplete"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sheltervet

U of MN CVM c/o 2012
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What does it mean if the status for an eLOR is listed as "incomplete?" Does this just mean that the evaluator has filled out some of the things, but hasn't actually submitted the letter yet?

Members don't see this ad.

It means that the recommender hasn't submitted it yet. Keep following up with them to make sure they get it in on time!

It basically means they logged in at least one time. They have have logged in to see what the 'style' of the eLOR is, or even started it but didn't finish it.

I'm right there with you. I have 2 of 3 done. I am waiting on the one from the vet I spend the most time with. I registered him/her on JULY 4th 2007! He/she hasn't even logged in yet !!!!! I've asked twice as a "friendly reminder" and got "i'm working on it..." both times. I definitely am very nervous. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year I had asked all of my recommenders with plenty of time to spare, but one of them didn't submit it until about 5 hours before midnight that day the VMCAS application was due (talk about panic attack!)

Although come to find out, last year at least, the eLORs didn't have to be submitted until at least a few days (maybe it was weeks?) after the actual VMCAS was submitted.... not sure it it's the same this year...

does anyone know if we can submit vmcas without all of our elors? all i can find is info about if you are mailing your elors....

I think I read that you can submit without having all the recommendations. But I would double check on the AAVMC site.

Yes, you can submit - I did - but you can't go back and change your recommenders or anything, so you need to be darn sure that person will come through for you!

thanks....i wish they would just get their letters done! i am going insane!:eek:

I'm in the same position. My app is done, just waiting on two letters. :thumbdown:

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who's waiting for the recommendation! Actually, my evaluator is abroad and is not coming
back until middle of October!! I'm really in panic. Do I need to find another evaluator? (a week before it's due?) or should I trust the person and wait?
hmmmmm

I'm still waiting on my 3rd as well. They keep telling me they're working on it but that isn't helping me from feeling the panic!

I found this on the eLOR page:
"Applicants can submit the VMCAS application even if the status of the evaluations registered is "Pending.""

Unfortunately mine says "Not Received by VMCAS." :(

I have one evaluator left too. The maddening thing is that I KNOW he's written it already, he just hasn't copied/pasted it. WTF man, are you trying to kill me??? :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
mine both say "not received by vmcas" as well, so i cant submit yet :scared:

You can submit before all of your LOR's are in. (I know b/c I did.) So don't wait on your submission, but do stay on top of/in touch with your LOR providers. I have one to go yet, as well - ugh!!!!! Good Luck!

I'm in the same position. My app is done, just waiting on two letters. :thumbdown:

Same here. My thesis adviser finished his 10 days after I requested it :love:

But the vet and the other professor are dragging their feet. The professor just emailed me back today and said she has it on her calendar and it will be done. The vet scares me though, both of us moved from where we were to opposite sides of the country and she hasn't called me back from 2 weeks ago. :scared:

yay! i just submitted, even though it still says "not received by vmcas" for 2 of my elors. now i can relax somewhat....i just have to keep harassing them to submit their letters. :D

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with letter writers who procrastinate:eek:

I'm waiting on just one more too....
I sent an email to him 2 days ago saying that as a friendly reminder the due date is fast approaching but I haven't heard back from him yet.
I don't want to harass him but he is in a different country and I can't exactly go see him...would it be in poor taste to resend the request as another reminder?
If I were him, I would at least reply to say that I haven't forgotten just to save me the trouble of freaking out.
I feel like if I resend the request, it'll just piss him off and make him be like "Alright damnit! I'm gonna do it!"

I semi-harassed my vets this week. One promises he will do it today/tonight, and the other will do it this weekend. *fingers crossed*

i had to do the same thing, i actually cornered my vet the other day at work :D (i work at a huge facility and its not everyday i see him) i think i cought him off guard, but he got the picture! and he copied the confirmation email to my other letter writer so she'd get the picture! ha!

Ok.....1 day left.....still no word from my last eLOR......officially starting to panic...
I would hate for all this work to go to waste just because of one irresponsible professor....Does anyone know if VMCAS give us a little bit of time if we're only waiting on one eLOR?

As long as you have submitted your part you should be fine. VMCAS usually has a grace period (don't remember how long) for evaluations--they realize you can't control what other people do!

That is extremely reassuring to me. My letter writer is coming back from a conference tomorrow and still hasn't done the letter. Hope he works well under pressure.

Last LOR rolled in this morning - yay!!! Now on to worrying about the long wait ahead and whether or not I'll get interviews ...

I got one done at 2:30 this afternoon. Still waiting on one more. :scared:

I sent an email to VMCAS asking what my options are if an evaluator fails to send it in on time, and this is what their response was:

If your evaluator fails to complete the evaluation, you would need to try your best to get in contact with the evaluator. We will still accept and forward any received evaluations to your designations. But they will be date stamped and it's up to the schools as to how they will handle late evaluations. You can delete the person you cannot contact as an evaluator and then enter the information of a new evaluator. You can only do this if the status of the evaluator is Not Received. If the status is incomplete then you would have to contact VMCAS on the hotline.

Looks like they do understand that ppl can be irresponsible and don't hold it against us....

My last one was submitted last night at 11pm. :luck:

Glad everyone got their recommendations in! That must have been stressful!