"Ehhh, I didn't really wanna go there ANYWAY!"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Completely agree about Albany being a waste of money ... not only did I lose $100, but the rejection letter wasn't even grammatically correct!!

Members don't see this ad.

nypharm said:
Completely agree about Albany being a waste of money ... not only did I lose $100, but the rejection letter wasn't even grammatically correct!!

LOL! What a chode move. You should mark it up like an English prof (big red pen anyone??) and send it back to them.

Well that is if you are truly not interested in getting into the school ever. :laugh:

lakers said:
Hello,
Don't feel sad. You should be proud of yourself instead that you made it to the final round. Hey, how many ppl was invited to those 2 schools interview? Look at the odds! Not that many right? I didn't apply to those, but I think I would get rejected if I did. So there you go, you're way ahead of many others.
I hope you'll get in some where else this year. If you do get in, don't feel sad if it's not ur first choice of school. Maybe you'll like their program later as time progress and you'll be telling urself that you should thanks UCSF & SD for rejecting you. Do you believe in destiny? Everything happens for a reason right? :laugh:
Well, I hope you can cheer up and don't worry about it too much! If you actually got an interview with UCSD, I'm sure that you have great stats and will get in somewhere else (if not UCSF and UCSD).

Thanks for being so nice :) I will be at Univ of Maryland pharmacy next year. In a way, I'm glad I didn't get in because it allows me to understand how other people on this post feel and it has made me more sympathetic towards others-- what is a greater lesson than that? From the words of Friedrich Nietzsche, "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger."

Thanks for cheering me up! I hope everything works out for you as well ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
nypharm said:

I felt the same way when I applied last year. Oh well... you live, you learn.:smuggrin:

thaliagoo said:
Lighten up, I'm sure with your stats, you will get in somewhere else. :)

I'm getting rejected from UCSD and I knew that as soon as I walked out of my interview. I haven't officially received my letter yet but will soon. (I just know for sure now because all the acceptances have been mailed out).

I'm also fairly sure that I'm gonna be rejected from UCSF but I've gotten over it now.

Now I wished they both woulda just rejected me from the beginning instead of asking for interviews. I think it hurts a lot more after the interview.

Think of it this way: we did the best we possibly could and I know that things will work out in the end. :)

I spoke too early-- I have finally gotten an acceptance letter from UCSF and more surprisingly a waitlist letter from UCSD (my interview was so bad that I was 99.9% sure that I was rejected from the beginning).

Those of you who think you will be rejected--- there is hope!

thaliagoo said:
I spoke too early-- I have finally gotten an acceptance letter from UCSF and more surprisingly a waitlist letter from UCSD (my interview was so bad that I was 99.9% sure that I was rejected from the beginning).

Wow, congrats where are you going to now?

pharmdisme said:
Wow, congrats where are you going to now?

Thanks! I'm ecstatic right now. UCSF was my first choice from the beginning for many reasons. My family is from the Bay Area, tuition is less expensive for me since I'm a CA resident, and of course, their reputation. :) So that is where I will be.

O, I almost forgot. I received a rejection email from University of Kentucky with the subject being "Rejection Email." I'm glad I checked my mailbox before my mail!

thaliagoo said:

Congrats! Finally, you heard the good news. Same here b4 at Western. I found out ppl that went to my interview at Western already got their letters (acceptances and waitlists), but I still did not get mine. I felt really sad 'cuz I thought that I was rejected and that was the reason it took a little longer. It was even worse that I thought I did pretty well on my interview, but actually get rejected? On that weekends, instead of having fun at the club, I was staying at one corner thinking about it. Anyway, later I found out Western sent my acceptance to the wrong address (Illinois instead of CA). So I didn't hear the good news until almost a week later. I wonder if I can sue Western?? haha.. jk :laugh:

thaliagoo said:
O, I almost forgot. I received a rejection email from University of Kentucky with the subject being "Rejection Email." I'm glad I checked my mailbox before my mail!

i got that email too...except i never sent them anything besides my pharmcas, no secondary anything........so that was a pretty surprising email for me!

lakers said:
Congrats! Finally, you heard the good news. Same here b4 at Western. I found out ppl that went to my interview at Western already got their letters (acceptances and waitlists), but I still did not get mine. I felt really sad 'cuz I thought that I was rejected and that was the reason it took a little longer. It was even worse that I thought I did pretty well on my interview, but actually get rejected? On that weekends, instead of having fun at the club, I was staying at one corner thinking about it. Anyway, later I found out Western sent my acceptance to the wrong address (Illinois instead of CA). So I didn't hear the good news until almost a week later. I wonder if I can sue Western?? haha.. jk :laugh:

O man, I know what you mean. I hate it when schools make mistakes. The application process is sooo important for us that any small let-down just ruins your day. I'm glad things worked out for you though! :)

Wingate sent me a poor boo hoo rejection....haha, boohoo....yea right :p They were my 5th choice. I heard they were almost about to lose their accreditation anyway....haha

SUNY Buffalo. Oh well, their loss.:smuggrin:

NCRxgal said:
Wingate sent me a poor boo hoo rejection....haha, boohoo....yea right :p I heard they were almost about to lose their accreditation anyway....haha

Where did you hear such information? They're not accredited yet, so how can they lose their accreditation already?

Members don't see this ad :)
Gizmo said:
Where did you hear such information? They're not accredited yet, so how can they lose their accreditation already?

I'd like to know as well. They had a bit of trouble last year, but as far as I know thats all taken care of.

I received a letter over the weekend stating that I was being placed in the "alternate pool" at Creighton. :confused:
Not completely sure what this means but it is not an acceptance or even an invitation to interview so I must move forward.

I really like their professionalism though...seems like a great program!

mph2pharm said:
I received a letter over the weekend stating that I was being placed in the "alternate pool" at Creighton. :confused:
Not completely sure what this means but it is not an acceptance or even an invitation to interview so I must move forward.

Did you sign up to be on their alternate list a month or two ago? I did after I got a letter back then saying I was selected as an alternate.

starsweet said:
Did you sign up to be on their alternate list a month or two ago? I did after I got a letter back then saying I was selected as an alternate.

Hey starsweet,

The exact opposite happened with me. I received an email about a week ago stating that they had received my communication of intent to be placed on the alternate list (I didn't even know that I was being considered for an alternate list so I definintely hadn't contacted them). Then this past weekend I received a letter in the mail stating that I was selected for the alternate pool and for me to go to their website and let them know if I wanted to remain on the alternate list.

Hve you heard anything else from them since being placed on this list?

mph2pharm said:
Hey starsweet,

The exact opposite happened with me. I received an email about a week ago stating that they had received my communication of intent to be placed on the alternate list (I didn't even know that I was being considered for an alternate list so I definintely hadn't contacted them). Then this past weekend I received a letter in the mail stating that I was selected for the alternate pool and for me to go to their website and let them know if I wanted to remain on the alternate list.

You got placed in the alternate list without interviewing? That's interesting.

mph2pharm said:
Hey starsweet,

Nope, I actually was surprised to get this email because I had signed up to be on the alternate list (after receiving that letter) at least a month ago. So I guess they are just starting to look at alternates now. I haven't received anything else from them.

thaliagoo, I didn't interview yet either. This is an alternate list just to get an interview, meaning from this list they will either select you to interview or reject you altogether (I think).

starsweet said:
Nope, I actually was surprised to get this email because I had signed up to be on the alternate list (after receiving that letter) at least a month ago. So I guess they are just starting to look at alternates now. I haven't received anything else from them.

thaliagoo, I didn't interview yet either. This is an alternate list just to get an interview, meaning from this list they will either select you to interview or reject you altogether (I think).

From what I gather there are also some people who got placed on a "waitlist to interview" as well. So let's see here, there is a waitlist to interview and a alternate pool list which consist of people who are on a waitlist to be considered for an interview...that's hilarious. Oh well, at least I have one other school that I am still in the running for...what about you starsweet is this your only option?

mph2pharm said:
From what I gather there are also some people who got placed on a "waitlist to interview" as well. So let's see here, there is a waitlist to interview and a alternate pool list which consist of people who are on a waitlist to be considered for an interview...that's hilarious. Oh well, at least I have one other school that I am still in the running for...what about you starsweet is this your only option?

Oh, I didn't know that, I guess we are on the worse waitlist then. :smuggrin: I have been accepted to South and am still waiting to hear from Mercer, UGA, and UT-Austin after my interviews. How about you?

starsweet said:
Oh, I didn't know that, I guess we are on the worse waitlist then. :smuggrin: I have been accepted to South and am still waiting to hear from Mercer, UGA, and UT-Austin after my interviews. How about you?

No acceptances at this point (I only applied to two schools because of an inability to relocate from where I currently live). I interviewed at one school in early February and have yet to hear back from them.

I am beginning to wonder if everyone who has not been offered an interview or been placed on the waitlist to interview at Creighton receives the alternate pool email. I am a little bummed because it does seem like the alternate pool list is the worst list to be on without flat out being rejected. Well two good things for you, you have already been accepted to one school and have received interviews at several others AND the fact that you received the alternate pool letter a few months ago versus receiving last week (like me) may mean that you are further up on this list.

Look on the bright side, either way you will be attending pharmacy school in the fall...congratulations!

mph2pharm said:
No acceptances at this point (I only applied to two schools because of an inability to relocate from where I currently live). I interviewed at one school in early February and have yet to hear back from them.

I am beginning to wonder if everyone who has not been offered an interview or been placed on the waitlist to interview at Creighton receives the alternate pool email. I am a little bummed because it does seem like the alternate pool list is the worst list to be on without flat out being rejected. Well two good things for you, you have already been accepted to one school and have received interviews at several others AND the fact that you received the alternate pool letter a few months ago versus receiving last week (like me) may mean that you are further up on this list.

Look on the bright side, either way you will be attending pharmacy school in the fall...congratulations!

Thanks! You shouldn't lose hope either. I have heard of people getting accepted off the waitlist in August only weeks before school starting. Yeah it's a long time to wait, but it could still happen!

Idaho State U!!!! Harruumpph!

JWirawan said:
Idaho State U!!!! Harruumpph!

:( :( Sorry to hear that, Jay! It was nice to meet you at the interview.

mph2pharm said:

Wow I guess I have to take back my own post...I just found out that I have been offered an interview at Creighton! :luck:

iluvflashy said:
I didn't apply to UCSF, but if I did and I received an interview I would be satisfied with that ;) So, congratulation for those that got as far as an interview.

I got rejected to a couple of places:

Idaho State :( I really wanted to go there too
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy - Worcester :(
University of Washington :(
St. Louis Missouri - They don't accept transfer students only students directly from high school. :(
Midwestern University- placed on alternate list :scared:

No acceptance yet :scared:

Was this your first time applying to Idaho State?

Drake U
University of Iowa :mad:

flor said:
Drake U
University of Iowa :mad:

I hear they're really hard to get into from out of state.

Just got my rejection from Palm Beach Atlantic...wasn't sealed or anything, just wide open for everyone to see LOL...got rejected from Mercer about a month or so ago

lola69r said:
Just got my rejection from Palm Beach Atlantic...wasn't sealed or anything, just wide open for everyone to see LOL...got rejected from Mercer about a month or so ago

did you go for an interview or no?

I feel as if the schools just forgot me! i think at this point i'd even take a rejection from a school just to say "hey we know you're alive and applied!" Janell Wildgoose from PBA got back to me today and said i'll know their decision within 2 weeks...2 WEEKS!?..itll be mid-april by then and i havent been interviewed yet..just tell me no! haha

sorry guys im ranting..this process is SO annoying! :mad:

Alwayzsmilingxo said:
did you go for an interview or no?

I feel as if the schools just forgot me! i think at this point i'd even take a rejection from a school just to say "hey we know you're alive and applied!" Janell Wildgoose from PBA got back to me today and said i'll know their decision within 2 weeks...2 WEEKS!?..itll be mid-april by then and i havent been interviewed yet..just tell me no! haha

sorry guys im ranting..this process is SO annoying! :mad:

Yes it is LOL...no I didn't have an interview at PBA, so I knew that one was coming

lola69r said:
Yes it is LOL...no I didn't have an interview at PBA, so I knew that one was coming

Well then i will be expecting my rejection within the next 2 weeks i guess haha..i dont even think they are interviewing anymore, but what would i know...just end the torture!

lola69r said:

Haha, I'm sure next year they'll start sending out rejection postcards :p

Mercer :confused:
UGA :(
MCPHS :mad:

rejections are *fun*

Got rejected from Creighton. It said "We do understand your disappointment but know that you are eligible to reapply next year." Disappointment? I forgot I even applied there!!! Next year? I'll be a 2PD somewhere better, thanks.

GatorRxGirl said:
Got rejected from Creighton. It said "We do understand your disappointment but know that you are eligible to reapply next year." Disappointment? I forgot I even applied there!!! Next year? I'll be a 2PD somewhere better, thanks.

It's funny but my letter didn't say the same thing yours said. Just that they couldn't offer me a place after a second review of my app. Are you definitely going to South?

wheelsonfire said:
I got my letter from Findlay today rejecting me.
I have my biology degree and this was a 6 year program that takes kids from high school and is not accredited. The letter actually asked me to call the graduate office to consider other career options.
I did apply on the last day and I really didn't want to move to Ohio, but I would have. Arggggg.
Just preparing for the battery of letters to follow.

Wow, ok I know you posted this quite some time ago, but I can't believe they had the nerve to actually recommend that you call the guidance office to "consider other career options". What happened to the phrase "you can be anything you want to be"? That could be pretty discouraging if told to the wrong person. I hope you don't listen to them. And that's my 2cents, lol.

KUMoose said:
LOL! What a chode move. You should mark it up like an English prof (big red pen anyone??) and send it back to them.

Well that is if you are truly not interested in getting into the school ever. :laugh:

LOL, yea that would put you at the top of their list for next year!

starsweet said:
It's funny but my letter didn't say the same thing yours said. Just that they couldn't offer me a place after a second review of my app. Are you definitely going to South?

So did you already interview at Creighton? I was put in the alternate pool, then asked to interview which I did on April 7th (Friday). Did you interview then? for web or campus based? And they already told you that they couldn't offer you a place? Yikes!
Did they send your letter via email? Sorry...so many questions!

starsweet said:

Right now, I am thinking I am going to South. I'm waiting to hear back from UF but who knows when or what I'll hear from them. So as of this moment, yes. If I get into UF (a long shot considering I couldn't even get into Creighton) then I'm gonna be a Gator! =) You going to South?

comopharm said:
So did you already interview at Creighton? I was put in the alternate pool, then asked to interview which I did on April 7th (Friday). Did you interview then? for web or campus based? And they already told you that they couldn't offer you a place? Yikes!

I didn't even get an interview! The letter also said that they sometimes consider students who applied for the web based for the campus based but my decision applies to both pathways. Lol damn.

comopharm said:

I was also put in the alternate pool about 2 months ago for the web-based program. Just today I just got a letter via snail mail saying after the second review of my app, I didn't make it (without even interviewing). That's fine with me, seeing as how they were asking me to take Gen Chem I or II over again, even though I had As in both classes! Their admissions process is seriously weird... :thumbdown:

GatorRxGirl said:
Right now, I am thinking I am going to South. I'm waiting to hear back from UF but who knows when or what I'll hear from them. So as of this moment, yes. If I get into UF (a long shot considering I couldn't even get into Creighton) then I'm gonna be a Gator! =) You going to South?

Same here, I'm going to South for now until I hear from UGA and UT-Austin and Mercer! :)

boooo

touro

Happy I didn't get in...

starsweet said:
I was also put in the alternate pool about 2 months ago for the web-based program. Just today I just got a letter via snail mail saying after the second review of my app, I didn't make it (without even interviewing). That's fine with me, seeing as how they were asking me to take Gen Chem I or II over again, even though I had As in both classes! Their admissions process is seriously weird... :thumbdown:

Hi starsweet,

I am sorry to hear about Creighton...but I am sure that you will be extremely happy at South or one of the other three schools that you are still waiting to hear back from (I'm jealous). I, like comopharm, interviewed on April 7th and I really have mixed feelings about how things went BUT I have faith that what ever is meant to work out, will work out for me. You certainly have a lot more options than I do!

btw...making you take Gen Chem I and/or II over again when you received As in both classes....that's pretty odd. :confused:

I was put on the "Waitlist" at SIUE. Of course, I'm so low on the list that I really shouldn't even think about the possiblity of being accepted there. I also interviewed at Creighton on April 7 (campus-based). This is my last chance for acceptance this year and I really like the school. Good luck everyone!