"Ehhh, I didn't really wanna go there ANYWAY!"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oregon State.
the professor kept reminding me that he's retired already in the interview. he made me feel that he just wanna be home and didn't wanna be there interviewing me. whatever. i'm gonna go to USC anyways.

Members don't see this ad.

UNC- Didn't really think that I had a chance
VCU- I called them to check on my status because I have to send a deposit to another school soon. I ended up talking to the Dean and he basically said that I won't be accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
and say that the University of Oklahoma is not interested in me. :(

stickandstone said:
got an email today from UNIV of colorado with the subject stating "not invited for an interview".....wow, how insensitive of them to put the subject like that, ok so before i open the email i knew i wasnt even invited for the interview...but that's ok. i got accepted elsewhere....

omg that is ridiculous... they are total jerks

Good thing that new Rhett Miller CD came out this week and I have my miller lite and I don't have to go to the pharmacy tonight and work(and tell my sob story to the pharmacist I'd be working with).
I'm sure they are still interviewing, but I got my rejection letter today. Just didn't make the cut, I guess.
Oh well.
The good news is that The Silence of the Lambs is having a midnight show at the Alamo. Glad I have something else to do besides wallow in the shame and download sad Itunes.

The rejection letter was very nice compared to those listed in this thred, so if you get one, it won't be too mean. Hope that helps.

Creighton University :(

I had no desire to move to Nebraska. I just applied because I had the prereqs.

nerdystar said:

I had no desire to move to Nebraska. I just applied because I had the prereqs.

I'm just curious, but what were your stats? I'm an alternate at Creighton, but I think I will be rejected.

wheelsonfire said:
Good thing that new Rhett Miller CD came out this week and I have my miller lite and I don't have to go to the pharmacy tonight and work(and tell my sob story to the pharmacist I'd be working with).
I'm sure they are still interviewing, but I got my rejection letter today. Just didn't make the cut, I guess.
Oh well.
The good news is that The Silence of the Lambs is having a midnight show at the Alamo. Glad I have something else to do besides wallow in the shame and download sad Itunes.

The rejection letter was very nice compared to those listed in this thred, so if you get one, it won't be too mean. Hope that helps.

Sad story :( .. i'm praying for ya

starsweet said:
I'm just curious, but what were your stats? I'm an alternate at Creighton, but I think I will be rejected.

I sent you a PM.

rejections are meaningless once you get into your school of choice.

good luck to y'all... :thumbup:

UIC.

I have no respect for schools that send rejection letters via email... so cheesey! The least they could do is send a formal letter.

calrx said:
UIC.

I have no respect for schools that send rejection letters via email... so cheesey! The least they could do is send a formal letter.

ditto. They couldn't even spend $.39c out of our $60 fee to send us a formal letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
calrx said:
UIC.

ouch, yeah i just got my first REAL rejection "letter" (from UIC). sucks. I mean I was gonna turn the interview down anyway, but ow...my pride...it hurts....

I got one too from UIC but I never sent in their supplemental... :laugh: Too many essays! I agree, rejections through email ---> :thumbdown:!

Add me in too, UIC :mad:

starsweet said:
I got one too from UIC but I never sent in their supplemental... :laugh: Too many essays! I agree, rejections through email ---> :thumbdown:!

Just got denied to Creighton web-based. Guess I better start looking at other options. If I didn't have a Biochemistry exam tomorrow I would go get drunk. Of course, does it really matter anymore? :(

jemc2000 said:
Just got denied to Creighton web-based. Guess I better start looking at other options. If I didn't have a Biochemistry exam tomorrow I would go get drunk. Of course, does it really matter anymore? :(

Oh, that's rotten Michele. :( Good luck on your biochem test.

futurepharm.d.? said:
it's a good thread..yeah, bad news, but we'll feel better if we talk about it...

purdue ( I received rejection letter yesterday....)
Bulter..
NOVA (not rejection letter but they told me to send in a better Pcat score, man, if I have a better Pcat score, i would send it in , don't need to ask...so I think I will get bad news from NOVA soon )

still hoping that I will go to one of Midwesterns....

if you dont mind me asking what was your PCAT score or around what range for NOVA to tell you to get a better one?? I applied there thats why im wondering

Alwayzsmilingxo said:
if you dont mind me asking what was your PCAT score or around what range for NOVA to tell you to get a better one?? I applied there thats why im wondering

At least you guys are getting rejection letters, there are about four schools right now that I haven't even heard from. I guess I'm assuming the worst, considering their interview process is almost completely over for all of them except for one. As far as letters go... I got the phone call from UNC saying I'd been waitlisted (so I'm pretty much rejected, competeing for only 27 positions wasn't my thing anyway) and yesterday I got that letter from Mercer saying they were "still considering my application". Who cares. I got in where I wanted to...

Ritzy said:
Who cares. I got in where I wanted to...

Then that is all that matters!:thumbup:

perhaps it's because you lost your spacebar?

I hope you applied elsewhere...

calrx said:
UIC.

Ha ha....i received a phone call from MCPHS-Worcester....right before my orgo exam. :( which was followed up by a letter. :(

PharmGirl85 said:
Ha ha....i received a phone call from MCPHS-Worcester....right before my orgo exam. :( which was followed up by a letter. :(

A PHONE CALL?! omg... that's even worse than an email. wow. i'm shocked.

calrx said:
A PHONE CALL?! omg... that's even worse than an email. wow. i'm shocked.

I know...and I think that he was trying to play dumb cuz he was like "did I just speak to you?"....how the hell to you dial a wrong number...it's not like he had my number on speed dial and pressed the wrong button....he had to have looked for it in my file.....and then he asked for my last name and when I told him he was like "Oh Mariana...the committee me yesterday to review your file...their decision is going out in the mail today..."

I still cant fugure out how he "accidently" dialed my number. lol :laugh:

USC...they said my file was incomplete and now that I think about it I kinda remember them asking for each school transcripts, but I didn't do that. Isn't PharmCas enough???

Didn't want to go there but still....

P.S. I hate waiting!!!

ilostmyspacebar said:
Got my letter from USC on saturday!
I thought USC hasn't rejected anyone yet and waitlisted people will be ranked after the March 18th interview. Was it a rejection due to an incomplete file? Just asking because I'm worried about checking my mail for fear of getting a thin envelope.

Yes it was due to an incomplete file...

Best of luck!!!!

I had a major car collision this evening. Luckily, me and other driver are all right, no injury; however, my car from the front is completely damaged. Based on the damage of the car, I am sure that I will need to get another vehicle. I was on my way back from the local library, studying for Anatomy test and I did not see the car stopping at the red light, when I noticed it, it was too late. My car (Camry) hit the front car (Saab).
It's not over yet, I also received three rejection letters today, MERCER, IDAHO STATE and USC (incomplete file).

I got rejected from the University of Iowa yesterday. Letter saying that they were no longer considering me. It was my first flat out rejection! Like I really wanted to go back to Iowa and live in the corn fields... they were my last choice anyway.

" Like I really wanted to go back to Iowa and live in the corn fields... they were my last choice anyway."

I could not agree more with you lol, not to worry I am sure you will get your choice school.
Good luck

University of the Incarnate word (incomplete file)
Still waiting on two more schools. This is the only school I have heard from so far and I did really want to go there anyway ( their tuition is so high and their students are not qualified for federal loan yet).
TSU is my first choice and I really hope I get in there. :scared:

Campbell University.

I'm a city gril...wasn't too thrilled about moving out in the boonies.

I'm starting to feel like no one wants me! :(

pharmdisme said:
" Like I really wanted to go back to Iowa and live in the corn fields... they were my last choice anyway."

I could not agree more with you lol, not to worry I am sure you will get your choice school.
Good luck

Haha, thank you! I got in to the University of Florida already, they were my first choice so any letters that come in now are just a source of amusement. :laugh:

:(
got my letter on friday....very depressed frankly even tho i wasnt planning on going there...but i havent been accepted anywhere else...but i guess i was expecting it, and i feel lucky to have even been invited to an interview.

ghabpharm said:
:(
got my letter on friday....very depressed frankly even tho i wasnt planning on going there...but i havent been accepted anywhere else...but i guess i was expecting it, and i feel lucky to have even been invited to an interview.

Lighten up, I'm sure with your stats, you will get in somewhere else. :)

I'm getting rejected from UCSD and I knew that as soon as I walked out of my interview. I haven't officially received my letter yet but will soon. (I just know for sure now because all the acceptances have been mailed out).

I'm also fairly sure that I'm gonna be rejected from UCSF but I've gotten over it now.

Now I wished they both woulda just rejected me from the beginning instead of asking for interviews. I think it hurts a lot more after the interview.

Think of it this way: we did the best we possibly could and I know that things will work out in the end. :)

thaliagoo said:

I'm getting rejected from UCSD and I knew that as soon as I walked out of my interview. I haven't officially received my letter yet but will soon. (I just know for sure now because all the acceptances have been mailed out).

I'm also fairly sure that I'm gonna be rejected from UCSF but I've gotten over it now.

Now I wished they both woulda just rejected me from the beginning instead of asking for interviews. I think it hurts a lot more after the interview.

Think of it this way: we did the best we possibly could and I know that things will work out in the end. :)

yeah i guess that's why it bothered my so much. i didnt even get an interview at ohio state so i know i'll be getting a rejection letter from them soon, but i've been expecting it...but the umaryland rejection letter just came at a bad time...it was like rubbing salt on the wound.
good luck to you next year...umb seems rly cool.

Received my denial letter from University of Georgia today :thumbdown: At least I have now heard from all of the schools I've applied to (breathing a small sigh of relief to finally be done with it all)

In addition to Oklahoma, add PBA and UMKC to that list.

Wilkes University :(

I expected it but still...damn those 0-6 programs! :mad:
They are slightly ridiculous if you ask me.

UW and Crieghton.

Although I tried to pull both of those back from PharmCAS, they sent my admissions stuff. Crieghton is too dang expensive to live in Nebraska, UW, had other complications (bio 2 and timing).

Add Kentucky

manapharm said:
I had a major car collision this evening. Luckily, me and other driver are all right, no injury; however, my car from the front is completely damaged. Based on the damage of the car, I am sure that I will need to get another vehicle. I was on my way back from the local library, studying for Anatomy test and I did not see the car stopping at the red light, when I noticed it, it was too late. My car (Camry) hit the front car (Saab).
It's not over yet, I also received three rejection letters today, MERCER, IDAHO STATE and USC (incomplete file).

Aw! I'm so sorry to hear that. I know it's sad to be rejected, but don't worry about it too much. You can always call up the school to find out why you got rejected and try to improve on your weaknesses. Apply early next year and you'll be fine. I'm very thankful for everyone here in SDN. All of you are so nice and helpful. It's just like a family. I'm gonna let as many people know about this site as possible.

Anybody who is interested in applying to Touro-CA? This is just my opinion. If your grades are decent/good enough and you have confidence of getting accepted to some other places, but just want to apply to Touro as a backup plan. Then don't submit your application too early. What happens is if they give you an early interview and an offer for admission, you'll have about 2 weeks to deposit and we're talking about $2,000 here. It sucks to make your deposit and a few days later find out you get accepted by a better choice school. You will be in a dilema. $2000 is a lot of money, but if you choose to go there b/c of the deposit you already made, then you'll probably regret later 'cuz u'll be spending 4 yrs in that school instead of ur favorite school. But if you choose to go to ur favorite school, u'll be losing $2000.

It is always recommended to apply as early as you can, but sometimes, it's not always the case if you get rejected and it depends on the school. Last year, I applied to both LAKE ERIE and NY-Buffalo and turned in my application right on March 1st (wasting $26 something for 2 express mails!) and got rejected. When I emailed LAKE ERIE admission counselor, she told me that had I apply earlier (before Xmas), I would have a very good chance for an interview because after Xmas, they received alot of applications and already had enough interview candidates even b4 they got my application. On the other hand, I applied to 5 schools this year, got rejected by 1 (Oregon), but was offered 4 interviews. For both Western and USC, I turned in my application on Nov 1st (deadline) and I was offered an interview (Feb 9th and March 18th). My other 3, I turned my application maybe 1 month b4 the deadline. I declined Touro interview (3/10) since I got accepted to Western. I went to Nevada interview (2/18) and gosh, I had hard interviewer haha.. Dr. Manley! At least to me, he's hard. I'm still waiting to hear from them, but I will be going to Western no matter what since it's only 15 minutes of driving. I won't hear from USC until about mid April, but since I'm still missing 2 classes, I don't think I have a good chance, but we'll see.

Hello,
Don't feel sad. You should be proud of yourself instead that you made it to the final round. Hey, how many ppl was invited to those 2 schools interview? Look at the odds! Not that many right? I didn't apply to those, but I think I would get rejected if I did. So there you go, you're way ahead of many others.
I hope you'll get in some where else this year. If you do get in, don't feel sad if it's not ur first choice of school. Maybe you'll like their program later as time progress and you'll be telling urself that you should thanks UCSF & SD for rejecting you. Do you believe in destiny? Everything happens for a reason right? :laugh:
Well, I hope you can cheer up and don't worry about it too much! If you actually got an interview with UCSD, I'm sure that you have great stats and will get in somewhere else (if not UCSF and UCSD).
thaliagoo said:

chichan said:
ditto. They couldn't even spend $.39c out of our $60 fee to send us a formal letter.

Haha.. yup! That's right! We spent more than that (mailing fees) haha.. Damn, I can't remember when I got my rejection letter from Oregon. But damn, i got 4/5 though. And Oregon was the only school that rejected me without an interview. I wonder what the stats are for those that were invited. But the only reason I applied to Oregon was b/c they didn't require a supplementary application until if we were invited for an interview. So yeah, no hard feeling at all! At least I know that I got accepted to the school of my choice!

albany..
REALLY.. I should have read other posts before i apply there.
I only applied there since they had minimal requirement which includes NO supplemental application.
No you have to read carefully.. why did I not see $100 supplemental application fee then I started to look for their supplemental application. I called them to ask where the supplemental application is.. They tell me there is no supplemental application but there is 100 fee.. :eek:
Now i think "Ok.. i already paid pharmcas I might as well as pay the supplemental application fee.. " After finishing my application process, I read posts about albany school and I REGRET applying there :cool:
I should have known better.