Edward Via - Carolinas (VCOM-CC) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pulled off wait list last week! Super excited to be coming here! Got the email I was at the top of the wait list the day before I was accepted.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have talked to them. Megan told me to send in a letter of interest since I'm not from the Appalachian area so I did that on thursday, hopefully I'll hear back in the next couple of weeks. I've only been complete for a couple of weeks and my stats aren't exactly extraordinary (cGPA: 3.5 MCAT: 25) but this is one of my top choices so I am very hopeful.
What exactly is a letter of intent? I'm applying and not from the Appalachian area.

What exactly is a letter of intent? I'm applying and not from the Appalachian area.

A letter stating your intentions, so in Dylan's case he would explain why it is he is interested in practicing in an Appalachian area. I honestly feel like most cases are simply a result of modern neuroticism. Write one if you are specifically asked to, or in the unfortunate case of being on the WL through June and you're truly desperate. Otherwise, there's simply no point.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know VCOM-CC does automatic acceptance to the next class for some people in the high tier of the waitlist. Was anyone entering the class of 2019 in that position? When did you find out that you were accepted into the 2019 class?

I know VCOM-CC does automatic acceptance to the next class for some people in the high tier of the waitlist. Was anyone entering the class of 2019 in that position? When did you find out that you were accepted into the 2019 class?

I got a class of 2020 offer in the last week on June. The email said that I was still on the 2019 WL, but if I don't get in this year an acceptance letter will be mailed to me for the 2020 class in the beginning of August.