Edward Via - Carolinas (VCOM-CC) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Haha no. My parents actually live in Greenville, so I'm staying with them. Get some rest.
Ah ok, sounds good. likewise :)

Members don't see this ad.

good luck to all the people who are interviewing today! fill your fellow SDNers in on any information.

Do you guys have any updates for us about wait list, seats etc? (question for the people who interviewed yesterday)

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys have any updates for us about wait list, seats etc? (question for the people who interviewed yesterday)
No numbers...they did say they still have space but did start the wait list. Other than that, nothing.

No numbers...they did say they still have space but did start the wait list. Other than that, nothing.

thanks for the reply! how would you compare VCOM with other schools you interviewed it? which would you chose?

Got the call for interview today!... Heading up from Orlando to SC for interview on Wed 19th!...

Thanks! Did you end up getting a spot/deciding to go?
Yw!.. :) Well, they have not told me their decision yet. I will find out on the 17th or 18th. So until then, Im not sure.

Yw!.. :) Well, they have not told me their decision yet. I will find out on the 17th or 18th. So until then, Im not sure.

Aghhhh! The aweful wait continues for you!... Hold in there!

Had no idea it was that long!

Reactions: 1 user
Got the call for interview today!... Heading up from Orlando to SC for interview on Wed 19th!...

Stay at Hampton Inn if you're flying in. They'll pick you up and drop you off at VCOM and take you back! Saves a lot of money.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Stay at Hampton Inn if you're flying in. They'll pick you up and drop you off at VCOM and take you back! Saves a lot of money.

Thanks, was thinking about doing that! Did you get much of a chance to check out the surrounding area and Spartanburg?

If anyone else is heading to interview that day, feel free to get in touch...

Thanks! ;) im trying to remain calm.

It could be a shorter wait! I was told that we would find out around Feb 7th (interviewed on the 21st) and got the call about 6 days later. Fingers crossed for you for this week!

It could be a shorter wait! I was told that we would find out around Feb 7th (interviewed on the 21st) and got the call about 6 days later. Fingers crossed for you for this week!
Thank you ;) Im assuming you got in!

Quick question, do you guys know how long it we have if accepted to submit deposit (1500)?

Quick question, do you guys know how long it we have if accepted to submit deposit (1500)?
They will inform you in the acceptance email or phone call. For me it was approximately one month after acceptance but could have changed.

Last edited:
Are they still handing out interviews here. I was complete on December 19th but I have not heard a peep. I emailed the school but still nothing.

I have tried emailing the school and have also called several times these past weeks. I leave voicemails but it seems as if no one is there? Are you guys having problems reaching the school also to check the status of your application?

14 days from the date on your acceptance letter. From the day you get the call, you will probably have around 3 weeks

I have tried emailing the school and have also called several times these past weeks. I leave voicemails but it seems as if no one is there? Are you guys having problems reaching the school also to check the status of your application?
The school was closed the past couple days due to the storm. So it will take a bit longer.

Hey guys, I know this has been discussed on this thread already but does anyone know if their interviews are for the wait list? I have an interview next Monday and would really like to be in the running for a seat in the next class not a wait list. Thanks guys and congrats to those who've been accepted!

Hey guys, I know this has been discussed on this thread already but does anyone know if their interviews are for the wait list? I have an interview next Monday and would really like to be in the running for a seat in the next class not a wait list. Thanks guys and congrats to those who've been accepted!
There was still space when I interviewed on the 5th

Just arrived in Spartanburg for interviews tomorrow! Been exploring the area a little. If anyone else is here and wants to grab a bite to eat later shoot me a message!

Interviewed on Feb 19th and accepted on the 28th! They still have places at VCOM and if you are invited for an interview I would honestly go! The school is great! Faculty, staff and students all really friendly, helpful and eager to see the best in applicants.

yup, you can't beat in-state school prices

Any recent ii's?

Complete since late November, should I take the lack of invites lately and talk on this forum to mean the cycle for this school is done?

Ive been trying to contact the admissions people for a while now, haven't been able to ask about my status. Left a few voicemails but no one got back :/
(I've been spamming Meghan and Erica, anyone else I should call?)

Hey all,

I recently found out I was accepted to both Pcom ga and Vcom SC. I liked both a lot but was wondering if anyone had thoughts on which they think is more academically prestigious, has better rotations, and better city location. I know pcoms campus seemed strange to me with the whole old costco thing, but dont want that to be the reason I go one place or another. At the same time I know vcoms SC campus is a lot newer and may not be as set in their rotations and accreditation.

Congratulations to all who have been accepted! To those of you in the process, best of luck, and hold your head up!

I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not VCOM-CC sends a confirmation email letting accepted students know that they received the materials needed to save a seat? I sent in my materials the beginning of last week, and have double-checked on my end to see that everything has been confirmed and sent out to them. However, I haven't seen any emails or received any calls about my status.

But if I don't hear anything a few days before the deadline, I'll give them a call. Just didn't want to call them unnecessarily if emails were being sent out anyways.

Congratulations to all who have been accepted! To those of you in the process, best of luck, and hold your head up!

I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not VCOM-CC sends a confirmation email letting accepted students know that they received the materials needed to save a seat? I sent in my materials the beginning of last week, and have double-checked on my end to see that everything has been confirmed and sent out to them. However, I haven't seen any emails or received any calls about my status.

But if I don't hear anything a few days before the deadline, I'll give them a call. Just didn't want to call them unnecessarily if emails were being sent out anyways.
They didn't send an email to me when they received my information. They will update your VCOM SIS account when they get your forms. You can email Sena Mazzoleni, the Student Health Coordinator, and she'll let you know if they have your info if your SIS account checklist hasn't been updated yet.

Has anyone that interviewed on 3-12 heard anything back yet? I thought they said we would know by 3-28.

Oh happy day!!! Interviewed on 3-12, accepted on 3-28... Good luck to everyone still waiting and interviewing. I wish you all the best!

For the students who go here: What's VCOM's test schedule like?

I've been accepted to multiple schools. Still, I ask because I am very close with my family, find that family support has helped me through tough times in school, and would like to see them more often than Thanksgiving and Christmas. I live in New York and also have a young nephew here whom I have helped raise once my brother passed away. I hope that I could commute at least two or three weekends each semester to see my family and nephew back home. Thanks :)

For the students who go here: What's VCOM's test schedule like?

I've been accepted to multiple schools. Still, I ask because I am very close with my family, find that family support has helped me through tough times in school, and would like to see them more often than Thanksgiving and Christmas. I live in New York and also have a young nephew here whom I have helped raise once my brother passed away. I hope that I could commute at least two or three weekends each semester to see my family and nephew back home. Thanks :)

Hey spidey,

I'm not a student here at the moment, but i'm going to be in the class of 2018.

I found this website very useful.

http://www.vcom.vt.edu/meded/calendars.html

Here they have a week to week schedule for every semester that shows you when all the exams are :)

Hopefully see you in class in the fall.

I hope that I could commute at least two or three weekends each semester to see my family and nephew back home. Thanks :)

Ohhhh! I will be traveling a little between Orlando and Sparts. There are some great budget airlines (aligent air to name one) that operate out of Orlando. Be sure to check flights into GSP (Greenville/Spartanburg), Asheville (AVL) and Charlotte Concord (JQF) from your New York regional airports . There regional airports sometimes have way better deals than the major airports (Like Charlotte Douglas (CLT) etc)..

Good luck!

Hey spidey,

I'm not a student here at the moment, but i'm going to be in the class of 2018.

I found this website very useful.

http://www.vcom.vt.edu/meded/calendars.html

Here they have a week to week schedule for every semester that shows you when all the exams are :)

Hopefully see you in class in the fall.

Ohhhh! I will be traveling a little between Orlando and Sparts. There are some great budget airlines (aligent air to name one) that operate out of Orlando. Be sure to check flights into GSP (Greenville/Spartanburg), Asheville (AVL) and Charlotte Concord (JQF) from your New York regional airports . There regional airports sometimes have way better deals than the major airports (Like Charlotte Douglas (CLT) etc)..

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice :)

The calendar suggests that we have at least two exams EVERY week!!! I hope that they change that this year or that each test covers enough material to let us maintain our personal time, travel and otherwise.

I was wondering what are the housing options like?

I got an email from Gail on Tuesday the 20th stating I was in the top 15 on the waiting list. Anyone else get the same? I'm realllyyy hoping for a call soon!

Hey all, I have an interview here next month. Which hotel do you guys recommend?