ECFMG help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrMoe7

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I went to SGU and withdrew and began classes at AUC but there were complications and I ended up getting dismissed after the first of two modules in my semester. I am now in my 5th semester at St James School of medicine in Anguilla and I’m wondering if I’ll have any issues with ecfmg certification once I finish here this summer. If I barely did anything at AUC will they approve my credits from SGU? Or am I screwed and need to start fresh somewhere else?

Members don't see this ad.

The ECFMG Certification requirements are listed here: Certification.
From a quick review, I don’t see why there should be an issue. All three schools are accredited by recognized bodies. Can you provide more details as to why you are concerned or where you think you may not meet the requirements?

It should not be a problem; you just need to list all medical schools you have attended and provide all transcripts. However, you may have a much tougher issue down the road; one Caribb is bad enough, but you have three. You need to have a very compelling story that PD can buy in.

Members don't see this ad :)
As long as you didn't transfer credits from SGU, you should be fine.
ECFMG states that you can only transfer credits from up to 1 medical school.

Reactions: 1 user
As long as you didn't transfer credits from SGU, you should be fine.
ECFMG states that you can only transfer credits from up to 1 medical school.
I did transfer credits from SGU. That’s how I got placed into the 5th semester of St James. Is that going to be a problem?

I did transfer credits from SGU. That’s how I got placed into the 5th semester of St James. Is that going to be a problem?
Not if SGU is the only school you transferred credits from.

Not if SGU is the only school you transferred credits from.
Yes. I only transferred credits from SGU. Nothing from AUC was sent over at all. Will they only care about SGU? Do I even need to report AUC to ECFMG?

You only
Yes. I only transferred credits from SGU. Nothing from AUC was sent over at all. Will they only care about SGU? Do I even need to report AUC to ECFMG?

The ECFMG will only care about SGU since only SJSM and SGU appear on your transcript.