E-submit question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KingGerard

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I have everything done except for the supplemental essays. I have my transcripts finally all in, gre in, main essay done, all letters of ref in, obs hours verified (I think that's all lol). So I was wondering what happens when you e-submit? Do they just calculate your gpa and are locked out of your app? Am I able to do the supplemental essays for schools after I e-submit or should I do them before and then e-submit?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If the supplemental essays are done in PTCAS, you have to e-submit first. Once you do, you can get into your app but you can't change anything or delete anything. You CAN still add new, unique references and observation hours.

I had some problems with recommenders not getting e-mails. In that case, I just emailed PTCAS and they deleted it so I could re-enter and re-send. I had to do this with 3bdifferent people to get my hours verified.

You need to finish your supplemental essays before you e-submit. After you submit, you can still go into your application, but you can't change anything (except to add more LORs or observation hours, or designate more programs).

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok thanks guys, I'm good with my letters and hours. All verified and my letters are in. Maybe I should've done my essays first and then get my letters/hours. Guess I did it a little backwards lol. I'm done with the main essay but I just have a couple supp essays here. Hopefully this isn't considered a little late to e-submit. I'll probably e-submit tomorrow or early next week.

Another option is e-submit to the programs with no supplemental questions and the process will get started with your GPA calculations. Then you can go back and add the programs with supplemental questions for you to work on while your application is being processed. Thats what im planning on doing. Half the programs im applying to have no supplemental and the other half do. Hope that helps.

I have the exact same question! My app is completely done except for my supplemental essays.

So, should I remove all the schools that require supplemental essays and then e-submit to get it rolling? I was thinking I could do the supplemental essays in the next couple of weeks while my GPA gets calculated and what not. Thanks!

Yea I was thinking of doing that but I'm almost done. I have one more essay and I should finish it this weekend and esubmit early next week. I'm thinking I'm just going to do it all in one shot. But if it's late next week and I'm still not done then I'll do what you said.

I think we are good though, it's definitely not too late. We got this under control