Early Decisions E-submit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopePT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi!
I've already submitted my application, but I'm still waiting on 1 LOR and 1 verification for observation hours. For those that have applied to PT school or know about this kind of scenario, is it OK that my PT sends it in anytime before August 15? Also, if anyone else is applying for early decision name the school you are applying to :)
I'm pretty sure that it's fine as long as it is in before the 15th according to everything I've seen on the PTCAS FAQ and their twitter. I'm applying early decision to Duke! What about you?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!
I've already submitted my application, but I'm still waiting on 1 LOR and 1 verification for observation hours. For those that have applied to PT school or know about this kind of scenario, is it OK that my PT sends it in anytime before August 15? Also, if anyone else is applying for early decision name the school you are applying to :)

August 15th is the deadline for the materials and they won't be accepted after then, so as long as your PT sends it in before then you should be fine. That being said, if you are applying early decision it is probably best to get your materials in as soon as you can. Schools will start looking at your materials as soon as all of your material is submitted. I am applying ED to Duke, and I know they start looking at applications right away, even for ED.

Members don't see this ad :)
August 15th is the deadline for the materials and they won't be accepted after then, so as long as your PT sends it in before then you should be fine. That being said, if you are applying early decision it is probably best to get your materials in as soon as you can. Schools will start looking at your materials as soon as all of your material is submitted. I am applying ED to Duke, and I know they start looking at applications right away, even for ED.
Hi, may I ask how you know Duke has started looking at applications? Will they review the applications that have not yet been verified by PTCAS?
I'm applying to Duke via ED as well and I'm super nervous! Hope we can all get in and become classmates;)

Can I ask how we "select" a program for ED on our apps?

Hi, may I ask how you know Duke has started looking at applications? Will they review the applications that have not yet been verified by PTCAS?
I'm applying to Duke via ED as well and I'm super nervous! Hope we can all get in and become classmates;)

They won't start reviewing your application until everything is verified and you have paid the application fee. I got all of my material submitted and then received the link to pay the fee a few days later. After its paid they will look through your application to make sure nothing is missing, and then send you an email to let you know whether your application is completed or not. Good luck with the rest of your application!

Does anyone know the earliest day for acceptances to be distributed out for early decision would be?

Does anyone know the earliest day for acceptances to be distributed out for early decision would be?
I'm not sure about the earliest date, but I would assume it would vary by program. I do know that programs must have made a decision by September 24th though!