During Resdiency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

R Sterling

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever attempted to get an MBA ( through an online program) while in residency? I know this sounds like a crazy idea, being that there is barely any time to breathe during residency, but has anyone ever done it? Details please! ( Yeah, I spelt residency wrong in the title. Oh well...)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm enrolled in one of the online MBA programs, will be starting IM residency next summer (year off between school-residency). There's a 3rd year Peds resident in one of my classes. I know this doesn't answer your question directly, but you can PM me if you want more info (which program I'm in, what I think about time management with the classes).

-nitsasckya

You're probably not going to have time during residency (unless you're doing a preventive medicine residency).

Focus on patient care during residency. Get your MBA after you've had some working experience. You'll have a better perspective on the critical business issues that affect your situation.

Members don't see this ad :)
You're probably not going to have time during residency (unless you're doing a preventive medicine residency).

Focus on patient care during residency. Get your MBA after you've had some working experience. You'll have a better perspective on the critical business issues that affect your situation.

I agree with Dr. Kim. The MBA material really sticks after you have been in practice for awhile.

There's a family medicine program in Kansas City (I think) that is now offering MBA's to its residents if this appeals to you.