Online MBA during residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ttan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Anybody done this or have experience/pointers on how to carry it out?

I'm finishing year one of my residency and looking to start working on the online MBA alongside the rest of my training.

Also in addition, do online programs defer the entrance exams for MDs? For someone coming from a biology background, any prereqs or reading that should be done prior to starting?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all

Anybody done this or have experience/pointers on how to carry it out?

I'm finishing year one of my residency and looking to start working on the online MBA alongside the rest of my training.

Also in addition, do online programs defer the entrance exams for MDs? For someone coming from a biology background, any prereqs or reading that should be done prior to starting?

Thanks!
In business, the quality of the school you attend is very important. Particularly if you want to leverage the MD/MBA combo to work for one of the top tier consulting firm like McKinsey, Bain, etc. Use this link as a start in regard to school selection.

https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/mba-rankings?int=9dc208

Not all of the schools ranked high nationally have on-line programs. My recommendation is to look into the on-line programs at Indiana, Carnegie Mellon, and the University of North Carolina. I attended two out of these three schools and recommend them. I believe as an MD you will still be required to take the GMAT or GRE. But you should have no worries there.