Dumb High School Doc Wannabe Chick Bragging on Facebook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UPDATE: She passed:eek:

"So happy I could scream! Just found out I passed my pharm final! Woohoo! Thanks to a 15 point curve! Yay! Any of my girls up for some celebrating in the city this weekend?"

Comments:
L.D.: "I knew you could do it! Congrats!"
G.S.: "Congratulations!!!"
R.S.: "Just find out I passed as well! That class was the hardest thing I ever took in my life. So glad I don't have to do it again!"
V.A: "Hey girl! It's been awhile. When are we going to hang again? So, how much longer before you start up your practice?"
Medicinesux: "Your ****t!ng us with this "doctor nurse" thing, right?"
D.R: OMG! Who is this troll?

Hahahaha, I'm so glad you got involved. You should probably attack now because she'll remove you as a friend soon.

Members don't see this ad.

"So happy I could scream! Just found out I passed my pharm final! Woohoo! Thanks to a 15 point curve! Yay! Any of my girls up for some celebrating in the city this weekend?"

Comments:
R.S.: "Just find out I passed as well! That class was the hardest thing I ever took in my life. So glad I don't have to do it again!"
V.A: "Hey girl! It's been awhile. When are we going to hang again? So, how much longer before you start up your practice?"

hahahah please give me her name i need to add her and see this!!!

Comments:

Let's all pray for her future patients...

Hahahaha, I'm so glad you got involved. You should probably attack now because she'll remove you as a friend soon.

Yeah 'an maybe you should scribble on her locker and nail her with silly string :rolleyes:

Yeah 'an maybe you should scribble on her locker and nail her with silly string :rolleyes:

Maybe we should have given her a high school locker in elementary school. I mean, she's really cool and passes those really hard elementary school, high school-esque tests with a fat curve and a prayer ... why shouldn't she have all the perks and none of the responsibilities as a high school student??? Right??? Right???

Maybe we should have given her a high school locker in elementary school. I mean, she's really cool and passes those really hard elementary school, high school-esque tests with a fat curve and a prayer ... why shouldn't she have all the perks and none of the responsibilities as a high school student??? Right??? Right???

It makes you wonder when flight attendants will want to fly the plane. I mean, they spend the same amount of time in the plane and see the pilots just doing easy repetitive movements. Hell, a flight attendant helped to a land recently. Same concept, except the consequences of a flight attendant mistake would make more headlines.

I was pointing out the absurdity of ganging up on a possibly embellished, possibly fictitious person who is quoted as an immature dolt. Really, what is the hoped for result or the point? To make yourself look like the insecure junior high mean girl?

Come on- please tell me you have more going on for yourself. Though, I guess the knife cuts both ways. Here I am even responding to this nonsense when I could be anal compusively organizing my 3-year-old's play kitchen when I know it'll be a complete disaster again the second she's up from her nap.

Go figure.

I was pointing out the absurdity of ganging up on a possibly embellished, possibly fictitious person who is quoted as an immature dolt. Really, what is the hoped for result or the point? To make yourself look like the insecure junior high mean girl?

Come on- please tell me you have more going on for yourself. Though, I guess the knife cuts both ways. Here I am even responding to this nonsense when I could be anal compusively organizing my 3-year-old's play kitchen when I know it'll be a complete disaster again the second she's up from her nap.

Go figure.

When I was a little kid, I used to want to wrestle around with my older, much stronger cousins. Before I would do so, my grandfather always pulled me aside and said:

"If you want to play with the big boys, don't come crying to me when you get hurt."

I think this message is pretty applicable to this situation. If this "Noctor" wants to yap (publicly) about her future practice, patients, being just like a doctor, but barely passing the tests ... she better be ready for the other side of the coin - real doctors/people with common sense telling laughing in her face. If she doesn't want to deal with this, then she shouldn't subscribe to this DNP, I'm just as good as a doctor, BS.

Granted, I see where you're coming from, and obviously I do have better things to do and I've never been much of a bully. However, this DNP/midlevel power grab is officially pissing me off, and I truly take no issue knocking it down a peg through various mediums.

I am about to start nursing school in the fall, and I don't know why there are even DNP programs. IMO, there needs to be a distinct separation and understanding between the education of doctors and nurses. If you want to be a doctor, be a doctor. If you want to be a nurse, be a nurse. It's that simple. PA's and NP simply could not and do not have the superior knowledge that doctors do. How could they? It's as simple as the difference in formal education!

I go to a military hospital, and I NEVER get to see a doctor. They have normally 1 or 2 doctors in the clinic and a bunch of PAs. I don't think that's fair, but who am I to complain? You get what you get.

I'm basically saying that the lines are starting to blur a little bit between who is providing primary care, and laypersons aren't noticing. They don't know anything about the alphabet soup behind someone's name, and honestly, they probably don't care but they should.

I am in no way bashing my future profession of being a nurse, because that is what a will be---a nurse! Not a doctor wannabe!

Oh my God, thank you for existing. If only everyone had that humility....

I once worked with a woman who always insisted doctors and "big pharma" needed to be taken down a few notches because they didn't know everything and they couldn't explain every natural phenomenon. You know who she respected and admired most? Her naturopath, who was apparently a genius and an incredibly kind soul and helped her overcome her "constant tiredness". Her naturopath apparently has all the answers. Never forget, these people exist, they're numerous, they vote and they influence insurance companies.

Had to add that one in, it seems the debate around all the "alternative medicine" hoopla has a lot of creepy parallels to the debate around the DNP's.

When I was a little kid, I used to want to wrestle around with my older, much stronger cousins. Before I would do so, my grandfather always pulled me aside and said:

"If you want to play with the big boys, don't come crying to me when you get hurt."

I think this message is pretty applicable to this situation. If this "Noctor" wants to yap (publicly) about her future practice, patients, being just like a doctor, but barely passing the tests ... she better be ready for the other side of the coin - real doctors/people with common sense telling laughing in her face. If she doesn't want to deal with this, then she shouldn't subscribe to this DNP, I'm just as good as a doctor, BS.

Granted, I see where you're coming from, and obviously I do have better things to do and I've never been much of a bully. However, this DNP/midlevel power grab is officially pissing me off, and I truly take no issue knocking it down a peg through various mediums.

Yeah, but there's no evidence to suggest that this "facebook chick" is bothered in the least by getting clowned by the "big boys" or that this comical character isn't more than a figment of Medicinesux's imagination for the purpose of burning in internet effigy.

I get the irritation/frustration thing. Sometimes I get so pissed off that I could yell all kinds of things or even throw/kick some solid objects. But that would just make me look like an imbecile and wouldn't accomplish anything. Hell, it would probably make others less perceptive or sympathetic to my case. Just sayin'.

Yeah, but there's no evidence to suggest that this "facebook chick" is bothered in the least by getting clowned by the "big boys" or that this comical character isn't more than a figment of Medicinesux's imagination for the purpose of burning in internet effigy.

I get the irritation/frustration thing. Sometimes I get so pissed off that I could yell all kinds of things or even throw/kick some solid objects. But that would just make me look like an imbecile and wouldn't accomplish anything. Hell, it would probably make others less perceptive or sympathetic to my case. Just sayin'.

You're making too many assumptions for any real form of response.

You're making too many assumptions for any real form of response.

Actually, if you've followed medicinesux's posts for any length of time, you're probably aware that creating just such a straw man for this kind of argument is right up his/her alley.

Not saying this is necessarily the case, just that it fits the pattern of practice.

Actually, if you've followed medicinesux's posts for any length of time, you're probably aware that creating just such a straw man for this kind of argument is right up his/her alley.

Not saying this is necessarily the case, just that it fits the pattern of practice.

QFT. As someone who has followed MS's blog posts for quite some time, I find it interesting that these facebook comments fit in with his own sarcastic voice so well. And gee, what are the chances that this long-forgotten acquaintance is such a perfect tool for MS's main schtick, and personifies exactly the ridiculousness of the whole nurse/doctor debate?

Oh, and it must be coincidence that this thread has garnered 7,000 + views. That must not have been his intended reason for starting this thread. Despite the link to his blog clearly advertised in the very first post.

Wise up, people. You're being played.

Interesting task: go to Openbook (a site which allows you to search people's public Facebook updates) and search "passed pharm".

QFT. As someone who has followed MS's blog posts for quite some time, I find it interesting that these facebook comments fit in with his own sarcastic voice so well. And gee, what are the chances that this long-forgotten acquaintance is such a perfect tool for MS's main schtick, and personifies exactly the ridiculousness of the whole nurse/doctor debate?

Oh, and it must be coincidence that this thread has garnered 7,000 + views. That must not have been his intended reason for starting this thread. Despite the link to his blog clearly advertised in the very first post.

Wise up, people. You're being played.

Alright, Sherlock Holmes. I think you're reading too far into this.

Believe me, I wish more than anyone else here that this chick was some "figment of my imagination"!!! This future doctor nurse is indeed the real deal. If you gave me a bazillion years, I don't think I could've dreamt up such a fairytale that this bozo would be wearing a white coat one day treating patients. And I am just getting all giddy inside in anticipation of her posts regarding her "residency" and her preparation for the "boards":eek::eek::scared::scared: I seriously think I will stroke out if she mentions anything in the future about being published in a nursing journal.

She will be unleashed onto the public faster than it will take a med student to prepare for his step 1 exam. She needs to be put on some practitioner offender list to warn the public about her coming presence if you ask me.

Believe me, I wish more than anyone else here that this chick was some "figment of my imagination"!!! This future doctor nurse is indeed the real deal. If you gave me a bazillion years, I don't think I could've dreamt up such a fairytale that this bozo would be wearing a white coat one day treating patients. And I am just getting all giddy inside in anticipation of her posts regarding her "residency" and her preparation for the "boards":eek::eek::scared::scared: I seriously think I will stroke out if she mentions anything in the future about being published in a nursing journal.

She will be unleashed onto the public faster than it will take a med student to prepare for his step 1 exam. She needs to be put on some practitioner offender list to warn the public about her coming presence if you ask me.

REAL TALK!!!!

lol, but seriously freakin scary. amazing how in medicine you MUST have years and years of training, but to do the same things now you only need 2 yrs? umm wtf

hmm. I just started my third year. Was on peds ENT today and the NP was talking to the Doctor I was working with. The Doc loves this NP, but the NP said something that was really annoying. They were talking about some case of refering a patient to peds rhuematology and about some Mother being very difficult in terms of seeing certain providers. The mother did not want to see the fellow, and to see the attending, she would have to wait until September. So the NP informed the mother of this, and so she finally agreed to see the fellow.

Then the NP said a snide comment, "well she could have seen the NP there, because the NP is probably better than the fellow since she has been there for a long time, ~10 years." The doctor, didn't really react to that. I was sitting there listening and thinking to myself, "wtf."

Whatever. I love the RN's, they were awesome. But this NP just gave off this, oooh I am the awesome NP vibe. It makes me wonder what she thinks of me, if she can talk about a fellow like that. Oh, and she made that comment when the resident wasn't around too.

It did fuel me though, I want to know more, and present cases better than her!

PS. It was funny also when we were talking about the dosing of a certain antibiotic, the NP was saying that the limit was 800/kg per day. But the doctor was like, "nooo, it depended on the creatinine clearance, so you can give more if they Cr clearance is higher." NP was like, "Oh." I bet she doesn't even know creatinine clearance is. Well, at least she is good at cleaning ear wax.

Peace.

hmm. I just started my third year. Was on peds ENT today and the NP was talking to the Doctor I was working with. The Doc loves this NP, but the NP said something that was really annoying. They were talking about some case of refering a patient to peds rhuematology and about some Mother being very difficult in terms of seeing certain providers. The mother did not want to see the fellow, and to see the attending, she would have to wait until September. So the NP informed the mother of this, and so she finally agreed to see the fellow.

Then the NP said a snide comment, "well she could have seen the NP there, because the NP is probably better than the fellow since she has been there for a long time, ~10 years." The doctor, didn't really react to that. I was sitting there listening and thinking to myself, "wtf."

Whatever. I love the RN's, they were awesome. But this NP just gave off this, oooh I am the awesome NP vibe. It makes me wonder what she thinks of me, if she can talk about a fellow like that. Oh, and she made that comment when the resident wasn't around too.

It did fuel me though, I want to know more, and present cases better than her!

PS. It was funny also when we were talking about the dosing of a certain antibiotic, the NP was saying that the limit was 800/kg per day. But the doctor was like, "nooo, it depended on the creatinine clearance, so you can give more if they Cr clearance is higher." NP was like, "Oh." I bet she doesn't even know creatinine clearance is. Well, at least she is good at cleaning ear wax.

Peace.

ugh omfg that is horrendous. this is such a slap in the ****ing face to people putting in their time.

ugh omfg that is horrendous. this is such a slap in the ****ing face to people putting in their time.

Yeah. It was weird. I don't know why she would add that.

It was like she made it a point to say it in front of me, the brand new 3rd year med student, that NP's are just as good/better than MD's. The more I think about it, it was really weird.

Yeah. It was weird. I don't know why she would add that.

It was like she made it a point to say it in front of me, the brand new 3rd year med student, that NP's are just as good/better than MD's. The more I think about it, it was really weird.

ya i saw stuff like this in the hospital. it actually really really pissed me off. i even said things to the med students about it. kinda like "ya dont worry about her, she is pissed that you are the doctor and she isnt"

this same nurse had patients call her doctor, she never once corrected them. i bet she thought she deserved the same reimbursements too.

just goes to show you what happens when you give up a little bit of power, they want it all. big problems on the horrizon there.

i have no idea why i even decided to do the openbook passed pharm search, its def gonna give me nightmares tnight

one of the less ridiculous status updates
"done with my 6wk pharm class...passed with and 87%. Can't complain! Hello Summertime and kiddies!"

how can u learn pharm in 6 weeks.

This **** is depressing, I really think i should just quit medicine and star in my own reality tv show,

If everyone and their mom can be a "doctor" whats to say i cant be delusional enough to think i could be a f**kin celebrity ( on second thought id rather be a recluse, less bull$h*t)

and i doubt medicinesux is making this story up, that would be an epic waste of time, im going to stop reading this thread it stresses me out lol.

I have always thought it was way too easy to get into NP programs.

PA program admissions more closely mirrors med school in terms of GPA and coursework.

*Nothing* else in medicine even begins to resemble medical school in terms of the intellectual horsepower necessary to be admitted and complete the degree. This is the fundamental difference between the Physician and the pretender to the throne. Regardless of one's training, when you see an MD, you're seeing someone who is simply smarter than an NP or a PA. Even after school is a foggy memory in the rear view mirror, a physician will carry his intellectual superiority with him throughout his career.

I went to a medical school where we took a few superfluous courses with PA students. Our averages were consistently 20-30 % points higher than theirs in these few courses. This school would have gladly combined the PA students with our class for as many courses as they could get away with to avoid spending the money and time to teach something twice if they could have gotten away with it.

Sorry, but I think you're doing a disservice to degrees or fields of study such as engineering, math PhD's, and physics PhD's. Those guys are SMART! I don't a dumb engineer; their classes in undergrad totally blow the pre-med classes out of the water. In addition, medical school is not necessarily intellectual in the sense that it requires that much critical thinking--compare that to the hard science PhD's.

Also, I wouldn't say that the MD/DO is necessarily smarter than the NP or PA. In general terms, yes, but not absolute terms.

*Nothing* else in medicine even begins to resemble medical school in terms of the intellectual horsepower necessary to be admitted and complete the degree. This is the fundamental difference between the Physician and the pretender to the throne. Regardless of one's training, when you see an MD, you're seeing someone who is simply smarter than an NP or a PA. Even after school is a foggy memory in the rear view mirror, a physician will carry his intellectual superiority with him throughout his career.

I went to a medical school where we took a few superfluous courses with PA students. Our averages were consistently 20-30 % points higher than theirs in these few courses. This school would have gladly combined the PA students with our class for as many courses as they could get away with to avoid spending the money and time to teach something twice if they could have gotten away with it.

Being "smarter" does not equate to being a better physician; not in the least bit! Many of the best physicians and surgeons actually were not "top of the class". Not that top is a bad thing, but what good is "intellectual power" when many can not even relate to their patients?

It is also well known that those who excel in intellect are deficient in common sense; I can assume where you rank in that category...

Being "smarter" does not equate to being a better physician; not in the least bit! Many of the best physicians and surgeons actually were not "top of the class". Not that top is a bad thing, but what good is "intellectual power" when many can not even relate to their patients?

It is also well known that those who excel in intellect are deficient in common sense; I can assume where you rank in that category...

Patient's may prefer doctors who are equipped with better social skills, if I need surgery I'm going to the best I can find independent of whether or not he/she is a complete and total jackass.

The second part is often true, but certainly not always.

This is why people say that "patient satisfaction" ratings are complete garbage in terms of quality of care delivered.

The patient could "love that physician/PA/NP" cause they are the most caring and wonderful person in the world and spends 10 hrs with them.

But, they dont realize their CHF should be handled by a ACEi/ARB and when that "caring" practitioner gave them hydrochlorothiazide----the patient loses and receives suboptimal care.

Regardless of how "good" the doc makes them feel.

while this is such an important discussion and definitely at the forefront of my mind, i feel like we'll never reach an understanding of what the future really holds. this is scary

This is why people say that "patient satisfaction" ratings are complete garbage in terms of quality of care delivered.

The patient could "love that physician/PA/NP" cause they are the most caring and wonderful person in the world and spends 10 hrs with them.

But, they dont realize their CHF should be handled by a ACEi/ARB and when that "caring" practitioner gave them hydrochlorothiazide----the patient loses and receives suboptimal care.

Regardless of how "good" the doc makes them feel.

ya plus patient satisfaction is based on the patient getting what they WANT, not what they NEED.

i.e. pt comes in with viral URI. no need for ABX; however, in the patient's PROFESSIONAL opinion, they NEED a Z-pak. Physician says no, that is not necessary. Patient is very disatisfied with the physician and claims the physician is an idiot and doesn't know what he/she is doing.

However, if the NP gives the pt a Z-pak and does what the pt wants, they get a higher satisfaction rating because they appeased a patient.

Seriously, are we appeasing people or are we treating people? This mentality in the US needs to end. Just because you can use Wikipedia or Medscape doesn't make you competant to diagnose and treat yourselves.