Dukes Anonymous :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Have you guys tried calling RW directly to express interest? I heard that worked at some schools...

Good luck to us all!

Bump....We should not lose hope guys, waitlists are moving at other top schools. Maybe some of these people will give up their Duke acceptance.

Still praying!

Don't know you guys keep up with the DukeMed Class of 2012 facebook group, but one person left the group...maybe that means there might be more acceptances to come!!!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
bump! anyone @ Duke with some insight? :D

FCD, i can't tell what you're saying! Stop speaking in riddles!

(yuk yuk yuk :D)

How many emails to RW is too many?
I am really starting to lose hope.

OK i've lost hope :rolleyes:
its time i find a house/apt in the town where my 2nd choice med school is located!
good luck to everyone else!

Good luck to all of you. I really hope it works out for you.
:luck::luck:

ok, just want to throw this out there since the NBA game is on - is it just me or does Doc Rivers (Celtics coach) remind ya a little of RW???

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm a huge NBA fan and I have to say that RW is waaaay cooler than Doc. RW's speech to us after lunch at the interview....woah. I've seen Doc as a player, coach, tv basketball analyst....eh.

I know someone who just withdrew this week, so hopefully that spot will go to one of you!

Thanks for the news amers24. Here's to hoping for some DUKE love!!

Still praying!

jessie12 -- what is your 2nd choice school, if you don't mind me asking.

jessie12 -- what is your 2nd choice school, if you don't mind me asking.

lets just say it isnt Duke.. :( and its across the border (my profile matches Nova's quite closely)

jessie12 -- understood. Maybe we'll both get lucky and get a call from Duke.

That's odd... I'm in a comparable situation where either I am accepted into Duke or I'm going the SMP route. I'm still wondering how I could be wait-listed at such a top school while being rejected by much less admirable state schools... It's either flattering or the school is just messing with people...(btw there seemed to be a post a long time back about someone else whose only chance of med school this year was off the Duke wait-list) Nothing but to hope for the best...I guess?

That's odd... I'm in a comparable situation where either I am accepted into Duke or I'm going the SMP route. I'm still wondering how I could be wait-listed at such a top school while being rejected by much less admirable state schools... It's either flattering or the school is just messing with people...(btw there seemed to be a post a long time back about someone else whose only chance of med school this year was off the Duke wait-list) Nothing but to hope for the best...I guess?

I really get the impression from my interview at duke that the admissions committee puts a lot of value on those six secondary essay answers. i got interviews from a bunch of top 10 places but got post-interview rejected by all the places that people might consider ranked higher than duke. I thought I was going to get post-interview rejected at Duke too because I was not spectacular at my interviews. I feel like one of the main reasons they have waitlisted me is because they liked my essay responses (which were easily my best essay responses because I waited to do the duke secondary last to gear up for it).

Just called in. Got some news.

I was told that all spaces in the class have been filled (meaning taken and deposited), with only 2 students having withdrawn since may 15th.

Wow really. That sucks...bad year for us waitlisters. Well I am still not giving up hope, I know that there was a person who got off the waitlist last year around mid july.

Still praying!

Same boat as my boyfriend. He's waitlisted at Duke and both UM campuses and still hasn't heard anything. They're the only two schools he got interviews at, but that's probably because he applied very late.

At this point, all the waitlisters can do is hope for the best!

I haven't 100% given up hope, but I am at 99.99%.
I still haven't heard anything new.
Oh, well.

not to unduly influence people here but i withdrew. still have mad love for duke but it was just time for me to begin starting the next phase of my life at some definite geographic location. good luck to all of you. duke is just an utterly fantastic school.

i still remember walking to the duke gardens/forest (?) after my interview day was over and feeling really at peace because i think deep down i felt that just getting the duke interview made so much of the work i've put into this premed process really worth it.

shout out to all the duke students who have stressed with us through this process. I will be going to University of Texas-Southwestern in Dallas. Good luck everyone!!

shout out to all the duke students who have stressed with us through this process. I will be going to University of Texas-Southwestern in Dallas. Good luck everyone!!

Hey... do I know you? Were you MD/PhD???

Not md/phd. just regular md applicant with geeky md/phd-esque screen name.

OK... I just thought u were this other guy that I had talked to at 2nd look who was deciding between Duke and UTSW (cuz I was sorta in the same boat last year).

Good luck at UTSW. It's a great school.

OK... I just thought u were this other guy that I had talked to at 2nd look who was deciding between Duke and UTSW (cuz I was sorta in the same boat last year).

Good luck at UTSW. It's a great school.

oh i hope i didn't confuse anyone...i didn't withdraw my acceptance..i withdrew my application. i was on the waitlist and withdrew my spot.

Has anyone called lately to see if there will be more waitlist movement?
I will call if no one else has any information.

Somebody just got in off the waitlist since the Facebook group just increased in size by 1 member. I guess the Duke waitlist is still slowly moving.

Still praying.

^or somebody who was already in just got facebook.

Rule of thumb, never use facebook as a research source. You're not in college any more people.