DSW expanding medical knowledge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Icarus23

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently have my LCSW and am working towards a DSW. My goal is to become a Social Work professor and researcher. One of my primary research interests is integrating neuroscience into Social Work training and curriculum, so I am also pursuing a graduate certificate in Neuropsychology.

I would also like to expand my medical knowledge and ability to process medical research. As an undergrad, I was on a premed track before switching over to the social sciences. I'm not sure the best way to go about this. Theoretically I would love to go to med school, but that isn't a realistic choice at this time. I've considered pursuing a second degree BSN program after I get my doctorate, but I think that might be excessive for my goals. I don't want to be a practicing medical clinician, I just want a stronger grasp of pathology, anatomy, etc. I've also looked into Public Health graduate certificates, but from my understanding they seem to concentrate on macro health issues and don't give much education on medical concepts.

I'd appreciate any advice or direction. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.