This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my email about being on the waitlist for TWU
Do you guys are getting notificatios thru your regular emails or the TWU email?

Members don't see this ad.

Can you pay for acceptance into another school and stay on the waitlist for TWU?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you pay for acceptance into another school and stay on the waitlist for TWU?

I'm sure but they did say that if you get accepted somewhere else, you should go because they usually only take 10-20 people out of 47. I wouldn't wait for TWU if I were you!

I'm sure but they did say that if you get accepted somewhere else, you should go because they usually only take 10-20 people out of 47. I wouldn't wait for TWU if I were you!
Yeah, I would advise you to do that as well. Definitely make sure you are at least getting into 1 program. Congrats to everyone who got accepted or waitlisted!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Have anybody heard back from UT health anymore?? Im waiting on that too

I also just got notified as an alternate for TWU Houston!!

Am I the only one who has not gotten an email yet?? :(

Have anybody heard back from UT health anymore?? Im waiting on that too
One of my friends called and they told her that they’re waiting on who declined to offer more spots. So basically everyone who hasn’t gotten rejected is on the waitlist

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
One of my friends called and said they told her that they’re waiting on who declined to offer my spots. So basically everyone who hasn’t gotten rejected is on the waitlist
Thank you for the info!!! I hope i get one of the spots!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone heard anything from UTMB? After I interviewed in November they told me I was waitlisted, but I haven't heard anything since then and I know they've had their December interview date already.

has anyone heard anything from UTMB? After I interviewed in November they told me I was waitlisted, but I haven't heard anything since then and I know they've had their December interview date already.
I heard they added a January interview date as well. So maybe after that.

Last edited:
I interviewed around the same time and was waitlisted on Nov 7th. They said they would let us know the top 100 on their list at the very end of December or early January.

Did any of you hear back from UNTHSC - for interviews, rejections, or acceptances recently?

So I have not received any email from TWU- houston!!! Is anybody in the same situation as me???

Who is on the waitlist for TWU - Houston & deciding to go to another school? I'm curious lol

Or anyone accepted to TWU- Houston & going to another school?
I was waitlisted at TWU- Houston, but I rescinded by application and will attend UTMB

Reactions: 1 users
Just got my email about being on the waitlist for TWU
Congrats!! That's something, and I hope you end up getting in! I was rejected from TWU Houston, but accepted to an out-of-state school so it's a miracle lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using SDN mobile

I called UT health today. I am waitlisted but they weren't able to tell me what position on the waitlist I have. They will start pulling people from the waitlist in ranking order depending on who denies acceptance.

Update: I was placed on TTU's alternate list.
Also, I realized I never posted my stats (maybe it can help future applicants).

-Overall GPA: 3.8
-PT observation hours: 200+ hrs
-Community service: 2,118 hrs at time of application
-UNT calculated/prerequisite GPA: 3.709
-TTU calculated/prerequisite GPA: 3.657
-GRE: verbal 148, quantitative 148, analytical writing 3.0 (My GRE was not great; probably should have studied/taken it a second time because it might be what held me back at Tech since UNT doesn't look at it)
-Involvement: Apart of a large variety of clubs across campus. Held a leadership positions in pre-pt clubs for 2 years. Two leadership positions in a local non-profit organization for 2 years. Published a short story. Apart of multiple honor societies and leadership organizations.
-Jobs: Nanny and summer part time jobs
-Recommendation letters: 1 PT and 1 Advisor

Applied: TTUHSC and UNTHSC

Interviews: UNTHSC (10/20), TTUHSC (12/1)

Accepted: UNTHSC

Waitlisted: TTUHSC

Perez6: Thanks for the information. Very useful, I am flying in from Austin and driving up to Belton for my interview.
ids2: I'd like to keep my stats to myself for now thanks. Good Luck in Applications!

How’d your UMHB interview go? I was accepted there, school did receive accreditation in November. The program director is suppose to be amazing and turning the program around. I’ve got 2 friends their just finishing their first year and loved it. Good luck!!

Update: I was placed on TTU's alternate list.
Also, I realized I never posted my stats (maybe it can help future applicants).

-Overall GPA: 3.8
-PT observation hours: 200+ hrs
-Community service: 2,118 hrs at time of application
-UNT calculated/prerequisite GPA: 3.709
-TTU calculated/prerequisite GPA: 3.657
-GRE: verbal 148, quantitative 148, analytical writing 3.0 (My GRE was not great; probably should have studied/taken it a second time because it might be what held me back at Tech since UNT doesn't look at it)
-Involvement: Apart of a large variety of clubs across campus. Held a leadership positions in pre-pt clubs for 2 years. Two leadership positions in a local non-profit organization for 2 years. Published a short story. Apart of multiple honor societies and leadership organizations.
-Jobs: Nanny and summer part time jobs
-Recommendation letters: 1 PT and 1 Advisor

Applied: TTUHSC and UNTHSC

Interviews: UNTHSC (10/20), TTUHSC (12/1)

Accepted: UNTHSC

Waitlisted: TTUHSC

Congrats on UNT!

Anyone else still not hear from TWU Houston?

have you heard yet? I still haven't
Mary Beth said all decisions should have been emailed out. An automatic response I got when emailing her recently said she wouldn't be back into the office until the 2nd of Jan.

have you heard yet? I still haven't
I called and they told me everything was sent! I told them I didnt receive the email and they resend it. Unfortunetly it was a rejection email :(

I called and they told me everything was sent! I told them I didnt receive the email and they resend it. Unfortunetly it was a rejection email :(
same, just got the email late :/

Do you guys think there are spots left for UNTHSC ? I just applied last week and feel like it’s too late.

Do you guys think there are spots left for UNTHSC ? I just applied last week and feel like it’s too late.

Hi there,
I am also interested in UNT. I know there are still spots available because UNT does early interviews in September/October and another in February, so you could still get lucky.

Hi there,
I am also interested in UNT. I know there are still spots available because UNT does early interviews in September/October and another in February, so you could still get lucky.
Have you applied yet? If so when if you don't mind me asking

Have you applied yet? If so when if you don't mind me asking

I applied last cycle and submitted my application around August. I was called in for an interview in September but was Wait Listed. This cycle I submitted mine in September and have heard nothing yet. I heard they made some rejections in November. Past forums have said that most of the class is made up of the students who were invited to the February interview. What are your stats and what other schools have you applied to? :)

Hey what email did they send this to? Was it your personal email? I got accepted to Texas State but hadn’t received any other email other than the acceptance one?
It was sent to my personal email. I did accept the offer the very next morning-did you already accept their offer? Also, the email that I received came at the same time of night that my acceptance email was sent. Did you receive more information yet?

Did anyone in this forum apply to Angelo State University or UTEP and have heard back? I received an email like two weeks ago from UTEP telling me I am still being considered, but I think that was a mass email they sent to everyone that applied. I got into UMHB in Belton, Texas, campus is great and so are the professors. but its hella expensive lol.

I am really hoping i hear back from ASU or UTEP soon.

Does anyone have ANY information about UTSW in Dallas? I'd love feedback on what you may have heard about the program (both positives and negatives.) I've been accepted to UIW & USA but I'm interviewing with UTSW this Monday. I'm having such a hard time choosing a program!

Actually, I'd like to hear what anyone thinks about any of the 3 schools listed. It might help me make a decision!!!

Did anyone in this forum apply to Angelo State University or UTEP and have heard back? I received an email like two weeks ago from UTEP telling me I am still being considered, but I think that was a mass email they sent to everyone that applied. I got into UMHB in Belton, Texas, campus is great and so are the professors. but its hella expensive lol.

I am really hoping i hear back from ASU or UTEP soon.

I got into ASU. I received an interview offer in late October and interviewed November 11 and was notified of my acceptance about 3 weeks later. They had two interview sessions in November and I believe they filled around 20 of the 26 spots from those two Interviews. They said they will have one more interview session either this month or February and fill the remainder of the spots then.

Does anyone have ANY information about UTSW in Dallas? I'd love feedback on what you may have heard about the program (both positives and negatives.) I've been accepted to UIW & USA but I'm interviewing with UTSW this Monday. I'm having such a hard time choosing a program!

Actually, I'd like to hear what anyone thinks about any of the 3 schools listed. It might help me make a decision!!!

Hi, I'm actually interviewing there tomorrow as well! I've heard great things about the school, faculty, and curriculum. Really, I haven't heard a negative thing about their program but I'm hoping the interview tomorrow will give some clarity so we can make the best decision for ourselves. Good luck, it'll be great!

Hi, I'm actually interviewing there tomorrow as well! I've heard great things about the school, faculty, and curriculum. Really, I haven't heard a negative thing about their program but I'm hoping the interview tomorrow will give some clarity so we can make the best decision for ourselves. Good luck, it'll be great!

Oh, that's awesome! Best of luck to you, and thank you for the feedback!

I would say if you get accepted to UTSW you should take it. I don't know a ton about UTSW in particular, but in my opinion any time you get accepted to a public school, I would pretty much always take it over the private school (unless they provided SIGNIFICANT scholarships). I just can't justify in my mind going that much further into debt for the same DPT degree. If you are ONLY accepted to a private school, thats a different story, or if you are incredibly rich then disregard this! :)

Just my opinion--I'm sure other people might have a different perspective!

Oh, and also I heard that on UIW's first round of licensesure exams their students did pretty poorly. Although I cant seem to find any stats on it right now.

Reactions: 2 users
UNT is sending out invites to their February 2nd interview date! I received an invite this morning.

Has anyone heard from UTEP yet? It’s the last one I’m waiting to hear from! I’ve been placed on the waitlist for TWU but I heard that they won’t give out placement numbers

UNT is sending out invites to their February 2nd interview date! I received an invite this morning.
When did you turn in your application? I turned mine in December and worried that it's too late.