DPT 2020-2021 Cycle Statistics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
University: University of Iowa
Major: Human Physiology (Bachelor of Science)
Minor/Certificate: Disability Studies
GPA: 3.76
Pre Req GPA: ~3.66 depending on school
GRE: 154 Verbal, 154 Math, 4.0 Writing
Letters of Rec: 1 from work supervisor (physical therapist), 1 from professor in my major that I took Anatomy with Lab with, 1 from Chi Omega Director of Programming advisor

Observation Hours: 1200+ hours (800+ in outpatient, but a good amount also in inpatient, sports med, pediatrics, and geriatrics)

Extra Curriculars: Chi Omega Women's Fraternity (served as 2019 Philanthropy Director and 2020 Director of Programming for executive board), Big Brothers Big Sisters at Iowa (served as 2019 and 2020 Social Media Chair on executive board), PT aide from spring 2019-present, Wellness coach from summer 2020-present, research assistant from fall 2018-winter 2019, hospital volunteer from fall 2017-spring 2019, St. Luke's seasonal volunteer summer 2018-present, medical aide screener in summer 2020, pre-physical therapy club member, university honors student, nanny for summer 2020, Dance Marathon participant 2019

Applied: University of Iowa, DMU, Mayo, WashU in St. Louis, University of Wisconsin-Madison (doesn't interview), St. Ambrose

Rejected:

Interviews: I declined my interview offer with St. Ambrose because I was already accepted to my top choice)

Waitlisted: Mayo, U of Wis-Mad

Acceptances: WashU in St. Louis, DMU, University of Iowa
**decided to attend the University of Iowa!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
University: Southeast Missouri State
Major: Pre-pt
Overall GPA: 3.5
Pre-req GPA: 3.2
GRE: 145 V 151 Q 4.0 AW

Extra curricular: student medical society, student activity council, health and wellness club

Volunteer: Project Charlie (went to an elementary school once a week and taught students the importance of being nice to others, saying no to drugs, etc). Worked with individuals with Parkinson’s and helped lead the group in different exercises. Helped hand out food to healthcare workers during COVID. Helped out with a couple different charity runs

Hours: over 1000 working as a rehab aide at an outpatient clinic, 35 at another outpatient clinic, and a total of 40 at 2 different inpatient hospitals

References: 2 PT, and my science advisor/professor

Applied: Midwestern (IL), Midwestern (AZ), Creighton, Old Dominion, Gannon University, Bradley, Governors State, Mount Union, Western U, Mount Saint Mary’s, High Point University

Interviews: Mount Union, High Point, Western U, Midwestern IL
Acceptances: Mount Union
Rejections: Creighton, Bradley, Governors State
Waitlist: Midwestern AZ, Midwestern IL, High Point

Last edited:
Crown College
Majors: Exercise Science and Medical Biology
cGPA: 3.85
pGPA: 3.6-3.8 depending upon program
GRE: 157V 153Q 4.0 AW

Extra curricular: cross country/track teams (captain 1 year), faith & science club treasurer, exercise science executive council, human performance lab manager, tutor, 2 strength and conditioning internships, research with law enforcement officers

Volunteer: Youth group leader, special olympics events

Hours: 45 outpatient (definitely the weakest part of my app)

I'm applying to Midwest schools (Bradley, Mayo, Des Moines, UW LaCrosse, UW Madison) - If anybody else is applying here you should comment! :)

I applied to Bradley! Have you heard back from them?

University: Baylor University
Major: Biochemistry
GPA: 3.3
Pre Req GPA: 3.7-3.8 (depending on school)
GRE: 149 Verbal, 147 Math, 4.0 Writing

Observation Hours: 2000 hrs

Extra Curriculars: Marching Band (served as section leader, squad leader, class rep, Secretary/Treasurer, and President); Courtside Players (Pep Band); Medical Service Organization; First Aid Service Team; African Student Organization; American Chemical Society.

Volunteer: Humane Society (200 hours), Relay for Life (15 hours), Ridgecrest Retirement Home (30 hours), Steppin Out (12 hours), Baylor Scott and White @ Hillcrest (40 hours)

Applied: UNTHSC, Texas Tech, UTMB, UTSW, St Augustine (Austin and Dallas)

Interviews: Texas Tech (10/30)

Waitlisted:

Rejection: UNTHSC (10/21)

Acceptances:

have you heard back from USA Austin yet?

Hi everyone!
Major: Health Sciences
GPA: 3.93
prereq gpa: 3.92-3.94 depending on school
GRE: 149 V 159 Q 4.5 AW
217 observation hours 3 different settings (ortho, neuro, peds)
LOR: 2 PTs, 1 professor, 1 supervisor
Applied to USF, UCF, FGCU, FIU, UM, Nova Ft Lauderdale, and USA Miami Campus
Interview invite offered: USA Miami, FGCU, UM, FIU
Acceptances: USA Miami (8/26)
Good luck to everyone!
my enrollment advisor submitted mine to admissions on 10/12. How soon did you hear back after she submitted yours?
I heard about like a week and a half

Hi everyone!
Interview invite offered: USA Miami, FGCU, UM, FIU
Good luck to everyone!
Update on interviews!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello and good luck to everyone!

University of Kentucky
Major: Exercise Science
CGPA: 3.5
PGPA: ~3.3
GRE: V = 151 Q = 151 AWS: 4.0

Over 1000+ Hours in outpatient rehab. No experience in others unfortunately due to COVID

Volunteer: Many church events, homeless shelters, Humane Society, etc.

Applying: University of Kentucky, University of Miami, Northwestern University, George Washington University, Northeastern University, Bellarmine University, Emory University, and University of Maryland-Baltimore.

Interviews: Emory, Miami, Bellarmine, and Maryland-Baltimore.

Accepted: Bellarmine, Emory, Maryland-Baltimore

Waitlisted: Northwestern

Denied:

Last edited:
Undergrad: The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Major: Community Health, Minor Business
Overall GPA: 3.37
Science GPA: 3.71
Pre-Req GPA: 3.70-4.0 school dependent
GRE: V-155 / Q-154 / AW-5.0

Employment:
Assistant Dance Coach for a high school competitive team, Walmart Cashier on and off throughout college breaks, Meijer bakery employee one summer, Choreographer for a different high school dance team
Volunteer:
Volunteer Dance Coach for high school competitive team (before I was hired as the assistant coach), Animal Shelter, Hospital ER, local women’s shelter, election judge
Extracurricular Activities:
Intern to the Director of Hospital Operations (semester hospital internship), Study Abroad (Sydney, Australia), Miss Lake in the Hills scholarship pageant queen, Vitality Dance Team member and recital choreographer, Velocity Dance Team Co-captain and exec board (PR & Social Media), Future Health Care Executives club, Mexican Student Organization, Alpha Chi Omega sorority member & recruitment board
Observation Hours:
635 paid inpatient skilled nursing (verified), 658 paid outpatient clinic (verified), 101 volunteer outpatient neuro rehab clinic (unverified, company merged and staff is now gone)
LORs:
PT/Facility Manager at the outpatient clinic I work at, additional PT I work with there, chemistry II professor at my community college (recent class)

Applying to:
Illinois: Midwestern, UIC, Governors State, Rosalind Franklin, NIU, Northwestern
Out of State: Chatham, Franklin Pierce AZ, Thomas Jefferson, St. Augustine TX, Washington St. Louis, Wisconsin Madison

Interviews: Thomas Jefferson, Chatham, NIU, Rosalind Franklin

Acceptances: St Augustine (Austin)

UPDATES:

Interviews: Thomas Jefferson, Chatham, NIU, Rosalind Franklin

Acceptances: St Augustine (Austin)

Overall: 3.27
Pre-Req: 3.7~
GRE:

Hours: 1000+ acute care hospital, 100+ SNF, 500+ sub-acute; 300+ outpatient: ortho, neuro, geriatrics, cardiopulmonary, sports

Jobs:
PT Tech in acute & sub-acute
Hospitality Aide in SNF

Schools applying to: UNT, UMHB, UTMB, UTHSCSA, UTEP, Tennessee State University, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga

Received invite to interview with UNT this week and UMHB

EC’s: Pre-PT club, Special Olympics, Internship at Cardiac Rehab, TPTA conference, NSCA conference, TACSM conference, Research Assistant for 2 studies

Good luck!
Did you get accepted into UNT?

Hi all! Looking for some input on my stats and timeline...

Undergrad: Towson University

cGPA: 3.9
pGPA: 3.88
GRE: 154 V, 150 Q, 4 AW

LOR: 2 professors, 1 PT

Observation: 103 hours in 5 settings, outpatient, inpatient, peds. Had hoped to get a lot more hours this Summer, but the pandemic ruined those plans..

Extracurriculars: D1 college athletics, Student-Athlete Advisory Committee, Own Your Roar mental health initiative

Applied to: University of Washington, CSU Long Beach, St. Augustine (San Marcos), Northwestern, University of Montana, finishing up Puget Sound application.

My school didn't have a pre-PT program, and I didn't really have anyone to help me through the application process. I submitted most of my apps between September 30th and October 9th. I didn't realize schools sent out interview request or acceptances before the application deadlines, hoping I didn't wait too long! What do you guys think?

UPDATE: Received acceptance from Northwestern TODAY! (10/30)

Hi everyone! I wanted to share my stats for comparison with you all, so here they are!

University: California Polytechnic State University- San Luis Obispo (Cal Poly SLO)
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.62
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2-3.6 (depending on the school)
GRE: 155 V 155 Q 5.5 AW

Extracurriculars/volunteer: Health assessment club, coached sports for people with disabilities, research assistant for 2 years (honors senior project for 2 quarters), humane society volunteer, CPA firm office assistant for 2 years, CPR certification

Honors: cum laude honors, dean's list (8 quarters), president's list (2 academic years), W & A Sandercock Scholarship, essay published in Cal Poly SLO's English textbook

Hours: Over 1600 hours (2 years) as an outpatient pt aide (no inpatient experience due to covid)

Applying to (but haven't heard from yet): CSULB, Chapman, UCSF/SFSU, USC, Georgia State, Georgia Southern, Emory, UW, University of Colorado, Regis, and SDSU

Last edited:
University: Southeast Missouri State
Major: Pre-pt
Overall GPA: 3.5
Pre-req GPA: 3.2
GRE: 145 V 151 Q 4.0 AW

Extra curricular: student medical society, student activity council, health and wellness club

Volunteer: Project Charlie (went to an elementary school once a week and taught students the importance of being nice to others, saying no to drugs, etc). Worked with individuals with Parkinson’s and helped lead the group in different exercises. Helped hand out food to healthcare workers during COVID. Helped out with a couple different charity runs

Hours: over 1000 working as a rehab aide at an outpatient clinic, 35 at another outpatient clinic, and a total of 40 at 2 different inpatient hospitals

References: 2 PT, and my science advisor/professor

Applied: Midwestern (IL), Midwestern (AZ), Creighton, Old Dominion, Gannon University, Bradley, Governors State, Mount Union, Mount Saint Mary’s, High Point University

Just received an interview invitation for Mount Union! Has anyone interviewed with them yet?

Update: I have an interview with High Point this Friday!

Reactions: 1 user
University: SUNY Cortland
Overall GPA: 3.7
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8??
GRE: 150 V 156 Q 4.5 AW

Extra-Curric: NSLS Honor society, Phi Kappa Phi honors society, Captain of Cortland gymnastics team, TA for Anatomy and Physiology lab,

Volunteer: Cortland Community gymnastics coach, youth serve, habitat for humanity, empty bowls, handstand together, Bexar county medical society.

Hours: 100 hrs at an outpatient clinic specializing in spine and neck, 60 hrs with pediatrics, 15 hours of in-home care.

Applied: Angelo state university, University of Texas southwestern, Texas state, University of sciences, UTSA, SUNY upstate medical center, University of North Texas.

Interview: Angelo State University (11/14), SUNY Upstate (10/9) USciences (10/27)

Rejections: UNT :/

Accepted:

Waitlist:
EDIT: Just got accepted to UScience!!!! (10/2)

Reactions: 3 users
Just got accepted to USA Summer 2021 Austin Cohort :)

Could you share your timeline in your application process? When did you submit, heard back from an academic advisor, when you received your interview, and when you received your acceptance? I truly appreciate it!

I sent my application over a week ago, and I head people have gotten a phone call from an academic advisor within a week and half to two weeks.

Could you share your timeline in your application process? When did you submit, heard back from an academic advisor, when you received your interview, and when you received your acceptance? I truly appreciate it!

I sent my application over a week ago, and I head people have gotten a phone call from an academic advisor within a week and half to two weeks.
Sure,
9/22/- Submitted App
9/24/- App became verified
9/26 - Enrollment advisor emailed about scheduling a date to submit application to board
10/1 - Enrollment advisor submitted application to board
10/13- Recived acceptance letter

So techinically took about a week and a half for the admissions board to give my acceptance letter. Also I didnt get interviewed there was that! hahaha Good luck you got this!

Undergrad: Florida Atlantic
Degree: B.A. in Psychology

Interviews: University of Evansville, Rutgers University (South), Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences (Mary Baldwin U), University of St. Augustine (Dallas), *Gannon University (PA)-(Invite to info session),

Acceptances:

Waitlist: Midwestern University (AZ), Thomas Jefferson University

Rejections: University of Utah (due to unfinished prerequisite)

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
Interview invite offered: USA Miami, FGCU (10/30), UM (10/23), FIU (11/2), UCF (11/20)
Good luck to everyone!
Update: Accepted to the University of Miami!

Hey y'all! For everyone that has already submitted an application, how long did it take for it to get verified by PTCAS?

Hi guys! Super nervous to post this info, but as an applicant I have 100% been viewing others statistics. I’ve found it pretty helpful. So I figured I would help out too.
I applied to a ton of schools in hopes of increasing my chances of attending school with my SO, will just post the ones I have heard back from.
  • University: a public school in FL (don’t want to disclose)
  • Major: Exercise Science
  • cGPA: 3.74
  • Science GPA: 3.63
  • GRE: 149Q 153V 4AWA
  • Extra-curricular: sorority, transfer society, leadership position in club, hospital volunteer, raised money for organization, PT tech, RBT
  • Certifications: RBT certified, CPR/first aid, notary
  • Interviews: UMBaltimore, UMiami, Emory, Duke, Thomas Jefferson, Drexel, UTN-health sciences
  • Acceptances: Duke, Wash U, Thomas Jefferson
  • Rejections:
  • Alternate?: University of TN- Chattanooga
  • Application for revaluation: Univeristy of Tennessee Health Science
  • And Georgia State rolled my application over to general admission

Last edited:
Congrats on your acceptances! Did Georgia State email you, or did you have to check your app?

Congrats on being accepted to Duke! Will you be attending Duke?

Hi guys! Super nervous to post this info, but as an applicant I have 100% been viewing others statistics. I’ve found it pretty helpful. So I figured I would help out too.
I applied to a ton of schools in hopes of increasing my chances of attending school with my SO, will just post the ones I have heard back from.
  • University: a public school in FL (don’t want to disclose)
  • Major: Exercise Science
  • cGPA: 3.74
  • Science GPA: 3.63
  • GRE: 149Q 153V 4AWA
  • Extra-curricular: sorority, transfer society, leadership position in club, hospital volunteer, raised money for organization, PT tech, RBT
  • Certifications: RBT certified, CPR/first aid, notary
  • Interviews: UMBaltimore, UMiami, Emory, Duke, Thomas Jefferson, Drexel, UTN-health sciences
  • Acceptances: Duke, Wash U, Thomas Jefferson
  • Rejections:
  • Alternate?: University of TN- Chattanooga
  • Application for revaluation: Univeristy of Tennessee Health Science
  • And Georgia State rolled my application over to general admission
congrats on your acceptances!! what were the interviews at Jefferson and Drexel like? I have them both in the next week and am nervous but excited!

Hello,

cGPA: 3.81
pGPA: 3.6-3.7
GRE: 149V 151Q 4.0AW
Observation hours: 361 hours (did outpatient ortho, pediatrics, and inpatient acute and subacute)
LOR: 2 PT's, 1 prof, 1 supervisor/mentor

Extracurricular: studied abroad, medical mission trip, worked as a patient care technician and PT tech, after school program leader, brand ambassador, social organization, volunteered at homeless shelter, research assistant for 2 labs

Applied: Duke, UTMB, WUSTL, Emory, UTSW, UCSF, USC, Chapman, USA, Northwestern, UIC, NYU, UPitt, Samuel Merritt, UWash

Interviews: Duke, UTMB, UTSW, Emory, UIC, NYU

Acceptance: USA-San Marcos, WUSTL, Duke, Chapman (summer)

Waitlist:

Rejection:
Hi, how many weeks after you sent your application did you hear back from St. Augustine?

I have found people posting their own stats to be very helpful. Figured it does not hurt to share mine as well. Good luck to all!

Grand Canyon University
Major: Biology (Emphasis Pre-PT)
Cumulative GPA: 3.86
Pre-req GPA: ~3.9
GRE: Verbal: 154, Quant.: 156, Writing: 4.0

Observation: ~1000 hrs - 2 tech positions at local outpatient clinics.
No Inpatient hours (COVID canceled my scheduled inpatient observation opportunity).

Extracurricular: PT club, president of a club sport (2018-present), leadership classes

Volunteer: Church events/mission trips, school events, homeless shelters, foster festivals, food banks, etc.

Applied to: Midwestern University (Az), Franklin Pierce (Az), AT Still (Az), Northern Arizona University.

Interviews: Midwestern (10/23), AT Still (10/30)

Accepted: AT Still (11/2), Franklin Pierce (11/9)

Waiting: Midwestern (Az)

Waitlist/Rejected:

I have found people posting their own stats to be very helpful. Figured it does not hurt to share mine as well. Good luck to all!

Grand Canyon University
Major: Biology (Emphasis Pre-PT)
Cumulative GPA: 3.86
Pre-req GPA: ~3.9
GRE: Verbal: 154, Quant.: 156, Writing: 4.0

Observation: ~1000 hrs - 2 tech positions at local outpatient clinics.
No Inpatient hours (COVID canceled my scheduled inpatient observation opportunity).

Extracurricular: PT club, president of a club sport (2018-present), leadership classes

Volunteer: Church events/mission trips, school events, homeless shelters, foster festivals, food banks, etc.

Applied to: Midwestern University (Az), Franklin Pierce (Az), AT Still (Az), Northern Arizona University.

Interviews: Midwestern (10/23), AT Still (10/30)

Accepted: AT Still (11/2), Franklin Pierce (11/9)

Waiting: Midwestern (Az)

Waitlist/Rejected:
When did you submit your application for ATSU? How long did it take to hear back for an interview?

When did you submit your application for ATSU? How long did it take to hear back for an interview?
I submitted my application through PTCAS at the end of august and submitted the secondary app two days after they opened it up for me in early September. Around the middle of September, about ~10-14 days after I submitted the secondary, they offered me an interview. Overall, it was a quick process.

School: Texas A&M University

Major: Kinesiology - Motor Behavior Concentration

Minor: Public Health

cGPA: 3.75 (calculated via PTCAS)

pre-req GPA: 3.5-3.73 (depends on school)

GRE: 152V, 154Q, 4.5 AW

Hours: 30 in skilled nursing facility, 278 as a PT tech in Inpatient Acute Care, 174 in OP Neuro, 20 in Pediatrics, 108 in OP - sports medicine

Extracurricular: Vice President of Physical Therapy Society (3 years), Member of a Women's Organization (2 years), Member then staff of a Freshman Leadership Organization (2 years) , Texas A&M Fish Camp Counselor (2 years)

Work: PT Tech for the past year in inpatient acute care, Wellness Tech for the past year as well, Front Desk Insurance Worker at a private PT practice for 6 months, Camp Counselor for a summer.

Volunteer: BUILD, Big Event, Shield America NOW, Bridge Ministries, Emmanuel Lighthouse Mission, Bowl and Brunch, TAMU FLED Down Syndrome Association Day Coordinator...lots more!

Applied to (dates verified): UTMB (07/21), UNTHSC (7/22), UTSW (08/01), Texas State (08/01), TWU (08/05), UTHSCSA (08/11)

Interviews: UNT (received 08/14), UTMB (received 09/15) - (declined offer 11/02), UTSW (received 10/06), UTHSCSA (received 10/14 for 11/06 interview) - (declined offer 11/02), Texas State (11/04 for 11/20 interview- declined offer 11/05)

Waitlisted:

Acceptances: UNT (09/28), UTSW (received 11/02) - my top choice!

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!!
Here are my stats:

University: Northeastern University
Major: Behavioral Neuroscience
Overall GPA: 3.88
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 162 Q, 158 V, 4.0 AW

Observation Hours: 1,000 hours outpatient ortho; 32 hours outpatient ortho/sports medicine
LORs: 2PTs, 1 Professor
ECs: summa cum laude, dean’s list, Nu Rho Psi Neuroscience Honor Society, Women’s Interdisciplinary Society of Entrepreneurship- mentor, NUCALLS Culture and Language Learning Society for Spanish, CHAARG, NEURONS, Southbank Mosaics (volunteer), CPR cert, tutor
Research: Brigham and Women’s Hospital Division of Sleep and Circadian Disorders and Lab of Wildlife Ecology and Behavior

Applied to: Chapman (both cohorts), Rocky Mountain University, Duke, Northwestern, Belmont
Interviews: Duke (10/5), Rocky Mountain (11/6)
Rejections: Duke (10/16), Belmont (withdrew my application after getting an email about interviewing for a place on their waitlist in Feb)
Acceptances: Northwestern (10/5), Rocky Mountain (11/10)

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!!
Here are my stats:

University: Northeastern University
Major: Behavioral Neuroscience
Overall GPA: 3.88
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 162 Q, 158 V, 4.0 AW

Observation Hours: 1,000 hours outpatient ortho; 32 hours outpatient ortho/sports medicine
LORs: 2PTs, 1 Professor
ECs: summa cum laude, dean’s list, Nu Rho Psi Neuroscience Honor Society, Women’s Interdisciplinary Society of Entrepreneurship- mentor, NUCALLS Culture and Language Learning Society for Spanish, CHAARG, NEURONS, Southbank Mosaics (volunteer), CPR cert, tutor
Research: Brigham and Women’s Hospital Division of Sleep and Circadian Disorders and Lab of Wildlife Ecology and Behavior

Applied to: Chapman (both cohorts), Rocky Mountain University, Duke, Northwestern, Belmont
Interviews: Duke (10/5), Rocky Mountain (11/6)
Rejections: Duke (10/16), Belmont (withdrew my application after getting an email about interviewing for a place on their waitlist in Feb)
Acceptances: Northwestern (10/5), Rocky Mountain (11/10)

have you heard back from Chapman yet?

Hey! I applied to the fall cohort and haven't heard anything back; I know that people that applied to the summer cohort have started to hear back!

Not for the fall cohort, but some people have heard for the summer cohort. I'm not expected to hear anything until at least December.

Not for the fall cohort, but some people have heard for the summer cohort. I'm not expected to hear anything until at least December.

You applied to the summer cohort too, but haven't heard back yet? I saw on hear a bunch of people heard back but I haven't regarding summer.

You applied to the summer cohort too, but haven't heard back yet? I saw on hear a bunch of people heard back but I haven't regarding summer.
Yeah I applied to both and haven't heard from either.

University: California State University Fresno
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.97
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8
GRE: 160 V 154 Q 5.0 W

Extra-Curric: Division I water polo, 2 honors colleges, 2 honors societies, pre-pt club, president of exercise science club, vp of exercise science club, 75 hours community service

Hours: roughly 200 hours in 2 states all outpatient

applied: Emory, Texas state, Fresno state, Sacramento state, uams, Arkansas state, central Arkansas, nau, Idaho state, duke

accepted: Arkansas state

rejected: n/a

interviews: Emory, Texas state, central Arkansas, & Idaho state