Does UNiDAYS support medical residents in their student discounts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thed0ctor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

A lot of big-time subscriptions such as Apple Music and Spotify use UNiDAYS for student verification to offer student discounts on their prices. While residency does pay us, it is also still academic by definition. I am wondering what your experiences have been, whether UNiDAYS has suspended or continued your accounts, and if there is consistency there.

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

It depends. For Unidays, being a resident does not count as being a student. However, verification is granted on the basis of your email. So if you have your old student email address or a new address that is identical to the medical school at your given institution, then you can use it for verification. Otherwise no.. you’re stuck paying full price like the rest of us suckers. Also the discount is only good for 4 years in total. You can’t use it after that regardless.

Reactions: 1 user
Dude I’m an attending and use Unidays to get the student discount on Apple Music. For Spotify I think They want proof of courses or something like of that nature that I can’t provide. During residency and fellowship I used The student membership price for amazon. It’s all about that .edu account!

Reactions: 1 user