Does this make sense?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
H

HCHopeful

So, I took the AAMC FL #3 at the end of the spring semester in late May and scored a 23 (6/10/7). I am signed up for the last date available for the current format, which is January 23rd, 2015. These are the materials I have:

Full Kaplan Set
TPR Hyperlearning Science Workbook
TPR Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook
Exam Krackers 1001 Questions in General Chemistry
Exam Krackers 1001 Questions in Physics
Exam Krackers 7th ed. Physics
Exam Krackers 7th ed. General Chemistry
Exam Krackers 101 Verbal Passages
Berkeley Review 2008 Verbal (28 passages)
Audio Osmosis (Don't plan to use)

Having said all of this, what I'm wondering is this: How should I approach my studying? Don't get me wrong, I know how I learn best and I have already begun by reviewing each Kaplan book by just reading through each. BUT I plan on buying the full Berkeley Review set in late August. So, really my question is how I should use my passages most effectively.

In the Science Workbook, there are ~60 passages for Physics, General Chemistry, Biology, and Organic. I am confused about when to use these because I will be purchasing the Berkeley Review and it has plenty of passages included.

Basically it all comes down to this. Would it be best to begin using the passages now or wait and use them for extra practice if I need it? Keep in mind that from September-December 11th I will be taking 15 credits. I'll have about a month a half to study hardcore before my test date. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to best approach these first couple of months. What do you all think?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should start using the passages now! Maybe not every day haha, but definitely incorporate them as you do content review! So that you're not just memorizing and reading, but also applying what you are studying to test strategy. Take advantage that the semester hasn't begun yet :)

You have plenty of time for your test. I think you should first review through everything (all subjects). Don't take too many TPRH passages right away. Instead do the discretes at the end of EK chapters. I'm not sure if they have something similar in the Kaplan review books... if they do then do those also. After you feel comfortable enough that you know your material start taking passages. At this point your semester will have started and it will be easier to fit in a few passages everyday or every other day rather than spend time on reading/understanding an entire chapter in a review book. As you take passages your knowledge will stay fresh and you will review the content along with it. This way you won't forget everything throughout the semester with the school workload. As you get closer and closer to your test date you will feel more and more confident with the content and test format. Then you can start FLs (maybe during winter break?). I would save the AAMCs for the last month or so. This is the approach I would use, but everyone studies differently. So, make your decisions accordingly. Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 user