DO Waitlist Support Group 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It'll start before that. Very few people hold more than one DO accept. It's mostly people coming off MD waitlists
Do you know if they were MD or DO (and if so which DO schools)? I have seen a lot of MD movement but only a few DO thus far

Sent from my SM-G930P using SDN mobile
Ive seen a handful of DO movement, but no waves or anything

Members don't see this ad.

I’m so happy I found this thread! (As happy as one can be while on a waitlist...) I am waitlisted at 3 DO schools, and the waiting is killing me slowly. I know plan B should be made soon, but I feel like making other plans is my indication of giving up.

I’m told we all have to keep our heads up and trust the process. It’d be more helpful if the people that tell me this had been waitlisted themselves...but either no one I know in medical school was waitlisted, or people are ashamed of it? Either way, I only know of one person who was waitlisted and accepted (I attend courses on a medical school campus and live with medical students).

I haven’t heard any movement from people I know who are waitlisted across the US, but my hope is that it will just domino this week/next.

Good luck to us all!!!
Im prepping for the worst but hoping for the best

Reactions: 3 users
A question for anyone who might know more than me:
One of my waitlists is at LUCOM. Based on the other sdn posts, during the fall intervies the dean mentioned that 90% of students came off the waitlist. However, during my interview in March, the dean made a comment that basically the wailist won’t be worth much this semester. However, the waitlist email I received mentioned that a huge number of students come off the waitlist still.

Anyone have any knowledge of LUCOM waitlists??

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you fortunate to have an acceptance but on WL for your top choice, what are you doing about housing? I keep putting off searching for housing with hopes I'll hear something from my WL school, but so far I've not heard anything. I don't want to sign a lease and then get off the WL later because that'll be another mess.

Reactions: 4 users
For those of you fortunate to have an acceptance but on WL for your top choice, what are you doing about housing? I keep putting off searching for housing with hopes I'll hear something from my WL school, but so far I've not heard anything. I don't want to sign a lease and then get off the WL later because that'll be another mess.
I was planning to wait anyways, I'll likely go looking for housing at the start of June.

I'm planning on waiting for a week or so for DO deadlines and hope to hear back/ may email to see what the deal is. If nothing by 2nd week of June, ill start looking for housing at the other school.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m so happy I found this thread! (As happy as one can be while on a waitlist...) I am waitlisted at 3 DO schools, and the waiting is killing me slowly. I know plan B should be made soon, but I feel like making other plans is my indication of giving up.

I’m told we all have to keep our heads up and trust the process. It’d be more helpful if the people that tell me this had been waitlisted themselves...but either no one I know in medical school was waitlisted, or people are ashamed of it? Either way, I only know of one person who was waitlisted and accepted (I attend courses on a medical school campus and live with medical students).

I haven’t heard any movement from people I know who are waitlisted across the US, but my hope is that it will just domino this week/next.

Good luck to us all!!!

I've actually met a ton of students that were WL'd then accepted at most of the schools I've interviewed at, which is always good to hear. On the other hand, this app cycle is strange in terms of WL movement. Just by looking at previous threads and talking to current med students it seems that WL movement started earlier for every cycle up until this year. Idk if that's because the applicant pool is so saturated this year or GPA/test scores are way more competitive, or a combo of both. A couple schools I'm waitlisted at typically have heavy WL movement (> or = 50% accepted off WL) but don't expect to come close to those numbers this cycle. Hopefully it's just because accepted students are taking a little longer to make a decision lol.

Reactions: 1 user
I've actually met a ton of students that were WL'd then accepted at most of the schools I've interviewed at, which is always good to hear. On the other hand, this app cycle is strange in terms of WL movement. Just by looking at previous threads and talking to current med students it seems that WL movement started earlier for every cycle up until this year. Idk if that's because the applicant pool is so saturated this year or GPA/test scores are way more competitive, or a combo of both. A couple schools I'm waitlisted at typically have heavy WL movement (> or = 50% accepted off WL) but don't expect to come close to those numbers this cycle. Hopefully it's just because accepted students are taking a little longer to make a decision lol.
Do you know which DO schools?

We all just need to be patient! I'm waitlisted at 2 schools and one is brand new so they don't really have a track record yet. The other school always ranks their waitlist in mid to late May so for that particular school there won't be any movement until they at least rank the waitlist. I assume it's similar for other schools too. Good luck to you all! Hopefully, we all get in to the school we want!

We all just need to be patient! I'm waitlisted at 2 schools and one is brand new so they don't really have a track record yet. The other school always ranks their waitlist in mid to late May so for that particular school there won't be any movement until they at least rank the waitlist. I assume it's similar for other schools too. Good luck to you all! Hopefully, we all get in to the school we want!
Truth

@FlyerScribe: I know ACOM accepted 45% of their WL recently, but this year they have 150-200 on the WL so I doubt that happens again. WalksLikeRain mentioned LUCOM's past WL movement. I heard 80% accepted from WL in my interview, which supposedly happened the past two years in a row, but they're not going to approach those numbers this year. But then again who really knows what's going on lol. Like PNWDoctor said, it's best to just be patient and forget about it until you get a call.

Members don't see this ad :)
So is it considered a bad move to call up the school and ask where you stand on the waitlist if they say it’s unranked? I just wanna know if I have a chance or if I should just move on and start working on other schools I was accepted at.

So is it considered a bad move to call up the school and ask where you stand on the waitlist if they say it’s unranked? I just wanna know if I have a chance or if I should just move on and start working on other schools I was accepted at.

I think that's a fair question to ask, we all have timelines and lives to continue so it would be great if schools were more transparent to everyone.

I don’t see how they could give you much info if it’s unranked. Unranked lists typically mean they’re looking to balance the class with waitlistees when people acceptances drop out.

I don’t see how they could give you much info if it’s unranked. Unranked lists typically mean they’re looking to balance the class with waitlistees when people acceptances drop out.

I've heard people say they internally rank the list or something like that. Not sure what that means.

Anyone else check their portal or email constantly? lol :unsure:

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone else check their portal or email constantly? lol :unsure:

Goes something like this:

1. Check email
2. Check spam
3. Search school name in email
4. Check second email account (spam and search also)
5. Check portal
6. Keep refreshing SDN

Reactions: 14 users
So who wants this weekend to end really quickly?

Reactions: 6 users
as we pass through the final interminable hours of the freakin' weekend, let us hope that with the new dawn comes a vast reshuffling of acceptances. as our higher stats brethren and sistren are promoted up the divine ladder from low-tier to mid-tier MD, from DO dream school to state MD, from middle America to coastal DO, and finally from not-quite-graduated-a-class to been-open-for-five-years-just-barely DO schools, may we too find a seat at a US institution come orientation. may the adcoms see the light in our eyes and feel the heat of the fire in our bellies. may the great succubi AMCAS/AACOMAS not see another of our hard earned dollars. may our interfolio accounts lie dormant. may we be gifted with a few blissful weeks of summer knowing that, godwilling, we will become doctors.

so_say_we_all1.gif

Reactions: 26 users
as we pass through the final interminable hours of the freakin' weekend, let us hope that with the new dawn comes a vast reshuffling of acceptances. as our higher stats brethren and sistren are promoted up the divine ladder from low-tier to mid-tier MD, from DO dream school to state MD, from middle America to coastal DO, and finally from not-quite-graduated-a-class to been-open-for-five-years-just-barely DO schools, may we too find a seat at a US institution come orientation. may the adcoms see the light in our eyes and feel the heat of the fire in our bellies. may the great succubi AMCAS/AACOMAS not see another of our hard earned dollars. may our interfolio accounts lie dormant. may we be gifted with a few blissful weeks of summer knowing that, godwilling, we will become doctors.

so_say_we_all1.gif
Honestly this made me feel much more empowered and optimistic about this whole process lol

Honestly this made me feel much more empowered and optimistic about this whole process lol

Ha! Same.

Well that's the point of this thread. You're not alone in this waitlist journey :cool:

Reactions: 1 users

so_say_we_all1.gif
Amen and best of luck to you all

Do you think it would be not so great of an idea to call up the adcom and ask when they think they will see a large bulk of waitlist movement? I'm just so gosh darn curious but I don't want to seem naggy... I'm waitlisted for ACOM, btw.

I would wait until the end of this month. 2nd/final deposits for a lot of schools are due tomorrow so I would expect the bulk of wait list movement to be after then.

I would wait until the end of this month. 2nd/final deposits for a lot of schools are due tomorrow so I would expect the bulk of wait list movement to be after then.
Will do :sorry: Thanks!

Do you think it would be not so great of an idea to call up the adcom and ask when they think they will see a large bulk of waitlist movement? I'm just so gosh darn curious but I don't want to seem naggy... I'm waitlisted for ACOM, btw.
I personally don’t think it’s a bad idea

I wouldn’t, seems needy. If you do though let us know! From digging through old forums it seems like starting tomorrow through mid June is most of the waitlist movement

I have a good feeling people will start getting accepted starting the 15th since people are holding off with the secondary deposits and I believe those are due tomorrow. We got this guys!!!

I have a good feeling people will start getting accepted starting the 15th since people are holding off with the secondary deposits and I believe those are due tomorrow. We got this guys!!!

Is this for all DO schools?

I am not 100% sure but I believe so from going through the past years threads and based off of what people have been telling me!

It's moving. Got accepted off a waitlist

Reactions: 14 users
Any idea on AT Still SOMA movement? Usually they have accepted all kids off the waitlist in previous years, but they said the list is much longer this year.

Just accepted! Movement picking up!! Good luck guys and gals!

Reactions: 8 users
I’m so happy for all of you who got off the waitlist. I’m waitlisted at NYITCOM-ar and haven’t heard since. I have backup plans (podiatry school) but am starting to realIze I may just get bitter if I don’t get into DO school.
I need encouragement!!!