do u think i will get an interview with these stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cool_vkb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

i know i have been asking so many questions these days but iam just tensed. Here are my stats:

Sci GPA: 3.21

Cum GPA: 3.14

currently shadowing a Podiatrist.

Iam taking my MCAT this January. (i was taking this august but i got nervous and came back from exam hall before exam started:D )

do u think they will consider me for an interview without MCAT scores. i know they do but i dont know iam too nervous do u know anyone personally who was accepted conditionally. i have been waiting for this for nearly 2 yrs. i dont wanna get rejected. this is my dream. iam taking it in this way, if i get conditional acceptance then i will have strong motivatation and get good scores. or else it will be always on my back and my mind is not able to concentrate solely on MCAT.

schools iam applying : OCPM, Scholls, Cali, AZPOD , Barry

Members don't see this ad.

You are at or above the average at most of your scholls. The only one that may be tough is AZPOD b/c they have limited space (CPME regulations for new schools).

You are at or above the average at most of your scholls. The only one that may be tough is AZPOD b/c they have limited space (CPME regulations for new schools).

Is that a Freudian slip? "at most of your Scholls":D

The average GPA at Scholl (3.3) and DMU (3.37), so they are pretty similar. I know many at Scholl like myself that have a 3.7+ GPA, however there is always those others who are skimming around a 3.0 GPA which brings the averages down.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys,

i know i have been asking so many questions these days but iam just tensed. Here are my stats:

Sci GPA: 3.21

Cum GPA: 3.14

currently shadowing a Podiatrist.

Iam taking my MCAT this January. (i was taking this august but i got nervous and came back from exam hall before exam started:D )

do u think they will consider me for an interview without MCAT scores. i know they do but i dont know iam too nervous do u know anyone personally who was accepted conditionally. i have been waiting for this for nearly 2 yrs. i dont wanna get rejected. this is my dream. iam taking it in this way, if i get conditional acceptance then i will have strong motivatation and get good scores. or else it will be always on my back and my mind is not able to concentrate solely on MCAT.

schools iam applying : OCPM, Scholls, Cali, AZPOD , Barry

Just apply early and contact the admissions office, you should be fine. Take the test in Jan and don't worry much about it. If you were going to take it right now, it would be difficult to score lower than a 20. So if you get a low 20 something that should be fine, IF YOU APPLY EARLY and STAND OUT ON YOUR APPLICATION.

Shoot for Scholl or AZPOD.

I know for a fact that Scholl will prepare just as good, if not better than most DPM schools. Its a very challenging, but rewarding school.

Don't think that since they accept you with a lower GPA and MCAT, that they will be much easier than a regular medical school. In fact, the program is just as challenging as an MD/DO school. Currently I am taking two classes with the MD students so I am able to gauge that their schedule is very comparable with ours.

Good Luck with the application process, and keep us posted. :thumbup:

Is that a Freudian slip? "at most of your Scholls":D

The average GPA at Scholl (3.3) and DMU (3.37), so they are pretty similar. I know many at Scholl like myself that have a 3.7+ GPA, however there is always those others who are skimming around a 3.0 GPA which brings the averages down.

Probably. I was not comparing all schools only the ones the poster said that they were applying too.