Medical Do post-bacc science courses count towards your undergraduate GPA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I really would like to increase my science GPA. Would Post-bacc undergraduate science courses factor into my undergrad BCPM gpa? Or would they count for something else/go into a separate pile?
The biggest thing with the post-bac (or SMP for that matter) is that you just do well. Look up the BCPM classes online, and take some of those, and ace them.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am reading the AMCAS guide right now and it says "Postbaccaleureate coursework is included in the Undergraduate Total GPA, as well as in a separate Postbaaccaleureate GPA." Here is a picture:

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 2.37.49 PM.png
I'm amazed that they do it this way...it makes no sense!!!

I can assure you that AACOMAS doesn't do this.

Why doesn't it make sense? Also, if I take post-bacc undergraduate courses, can you explain how AMCAS would use these to calculate GPAs? (Both BCPM and overall)
To me, post-bac means that you're done with UG, no matter what the course level is. But it seems that you already have your answer, courtesy of AMCAS itself!

Every application service has its own rules, but regardless AMCAS lists is separately for those who want to know. This is a major reason why many of us say if you have a uGPA of 3.25 or higher, you could be better served with a postbac.

Status
Not open for further replies.