Do PAs ever get sued or have to carry malpractice insurance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MacGyver

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If they do carry malpractice insurance, how much does it cost?

Members don't see this ad.

I dont know the laws in every state, as I'm sure they are different overall. But I would check with your state's board of Physician Assistant exammers. Good luck

hi there, regarding PA insurance (i am an NP who works with PA's) it is mandatory in most hospital type jobs although i 'believe' that your collaborating physician is somehow responsible overall. The pa's where i work carry insurance for their scope of practice...i.e. adult medicine no pedi. insurance costs generally are based on your area of practice with family practice being more expensive than just adults etc. i am not sure if this answers your question but i hope it gives you some basic understanding. happy day to you. lizzied

Members don't see this ad :)
What do they do for PAs in rural areas that are virtually independent practioners?

Surely they must have malpractice insurance, because there's no doctor there to be responsible for them?

malpractice insurance is almost always part of the benefit package for pa's. it is also possible to buy personal plans as needed.