DO disadvantages

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that experience ultimately dictates the type of Doctor a person becomes irregardless of what is at the end of their names.

M.D.s know that "regardless" is the proper word to use above. D.O.s don't.
Must be the verbal...
;)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Are you asking what majors you have to be to go DO vs MD?

:smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
Where and how does this damn misconception keep spreading? Seriously, I want to find the origin of this and slap the **** out of the person.

You are a premed and absolutely incorrect about the above and this is coming from a soon to be DO.

This is how AOA advertises our profession for us. Many schools' websites also explain that DO's are more holistic, whatever that means.

Arrgh i hate the word holistic, it sounds like a bunch of hippies smoking weed and tripping on acid all day. I'd rather be billed as "not being able to get into MD school" than "holistic"

EDIT: added some biased opinion

This is how AOA advertises our profession for us. Many schools' websites also explain that DO's are more holistic, whatever that means.

Arrgh i hate the word holistic, it sounds like a bunch of hippies smoking weed all day

Everyone knows that it's the NPs that really treat the whole patient. They're nurses first! Physicians are all cut from the same drug peddling, procedure whoring cloth. That massage crap doesn't count.

Everyone knows that it's the NPs that really treat the whole patient. They're nurses first! Physicians are all cut from the same drug peddling, procedure whoring cloth. That massage crap doesn't count.

Its just the Noctors. Floor nurses can be some of the most patient-jaded people on earth :oops:

If you're interested in treating whole people who have specific symptoms play it safe and go for a dual DO/MD.

Where and how does this damn misconception keep spreading? Seriously, I want to find the origin of this and slap the **** out of the person.

You are a premed and absolutely incorrect about the above and this is coming from a soon to be DO.

You don't get that kool-aid at your school?

Thread closed

Agreed. Closing.

threadderail1_zps829e78d7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.