"Disciplinary Action" on holding hands?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ridgeview

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In filling out my program-specific housestaff application, I come across this background information question: "Have you ever been subject to disciplinary action for academic or other reasons in any of the colleges, universities, etc, you have attended?" I attended a strict undergrad school whose rules, among others, prohibited touching members of the opposite gender. In my sophomore year I was slapped with a "you may not talk to [opposite gender] for 3 week" for holding my SO's hand. I racked up a few demerit offenses like not making it to class on time, not vaccuming my dorm room floor, etc. Obviously anyone would look at these "disciplinary actions" and laugh, but I really don't want to put false info down on the application. This really does sound ridiculous as I type it, but I'm scared of checking off "no" and getting busted later on the off chance my program calls my undergrad, knowing its reputation. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Holding hands was against school rules? Where was this, Loma Linda? Bob Jones? :confused:

Holding hands was against school rules? Where was this, Loma Linda? Bob Jones? :confused:

Sorry, this probably does sound like an April Fool's post. It was a religious-based institution as the ones you mentioned are, yes.

i'd just tell the truth - it may end up being a mild pain to deal with, but lying on an application is always risky, and in some cases could be grounds for dismissal, while there is no way that something like that, once explained, will cause you any real problems.

i'd just tell the truth - it may end up being a mild pain to deal with, but lying on an application is always risky, and in some cases could be grounds for dismissal, while there is no way that something like that, once explained, will cause you any real problems.

I don't think it matters whether you take aProgram Director's approach or MLW03's....I can't help but think that the only thing that will come of it is that your PD and you will have fun laughing at the stupid rule they had at your undergraduate school.