Dilaudid aint good enough

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheLoneWolf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Policy proposed by a family doc who did a 2 year family med residency. Hardly should have any input on addictions management, government opioid policy.

His idea is give them street strength legal drugs.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I hate to judge a book by his cover but I’d be curious if he would pass a drug screen

• Haha
1707443852012.png

Found him

Members don't see this ad :)
oh oxy is weeeak nowadays. i mean, while ppl can still get the 80s but they are crush resistant and essentially not injectable...

i dont know how many patients i used to see that would tell me that oxy wasnt enough - unless they got some valium too. the drug of choice was always demerol.

this is in BC, btw.

I think the article is accurate: If you are doing fentanyl off the street, 8mg of dilaudid probably isn't enough. I just don't understand why we are giving dilaudid for OUD when we have bupe or methadone. Neither was mentioned at all in the article, maybe I'm missing something

Safer-Supply is an initiative in British Columbia to offer free to patient opioid medications in hopes that they will not use heroin or fentanyl.

Safer supply services provide prescribed medications to people who use drugs, overseen by a health care practitioner, with the goal of preventing overdoses and saving lives. They are provided in a less clinical and more flexible way compared to other care options for substance use, such as opioid agonist treatment (OAT). For example, safer supply services may offer:

• a range of medication options
  • accessible locations (for example, services available at a community health centre)
  • flexible eligibility requirements
  • flexible dosing conditions and carrying rules (for example, clients may be able to pick up their supply and use as needed)
  • flexible client goals (for example, focusing on improving health and not requiring that clients stop using illegal drugs)
These services are intended to reach people at risk of overdose for whom currently available care options have been ineffective or inappropriate.

ya this is more about harm reduction with opioid addicts, not necessarily our wheel house.

Safer-Supply is an initiative in British Columbia to offer free to patient opioid medications in hopes that they will not use heroin or fentanyl.

Sounds like the ideas of an all knowing condescending liberal government.

Idiots.

Last edited:

Ok but in the article he is proposing to give them injectable heroin and smokable fentanyl so….

Ok but in the article he is proposing to give them injectable heroin and smokable fentanyl so….
My patients prefer Di-lotta brand. And ask for it by name!