Desi Movie Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The most yuckiset movie award goes to-- lou,ek ehsas.The movie sucks!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys
by this time you all must have known that the glamour queen of the 70s Parveen babi died yesterday
what saddened me the most was the way she died
there was nobody besides her in her apartment and the body was only discovered after the neighbours complained of foul stench coming out of her apartment.
she was diabetic and had a gangrene on her foot
her body is lying unclaimed at cooper hospital morgue,
isn't it sad
nobody deserves this kind of death
may her soul rests in peace

Not even indian but have to recommend DEVDAS...it was soo beautiful! I wish they had the book it was based on in english.

Members don't see this ad :)
denty said:
Not even indian but have to recommend DEVDAS...it was soo beautiful! I wish they had the book it was based on in english.
well,they do have english version of the book :thumbup: enjoy :)

desikudi said:
well,they do have english version of the book :thumbup: enjoy :)
kuch kuch hota ha n devdas n dil wale dulhaniya la gae ga
these r the top three movies in bollywood

nimeshshingala said:
hey guys
by this time you all must have known that the glamour queen of the 70s Parveen babi died yesterday
what saddened me the most was the way she died
there was nobody besides her in her apartment and the body was only discovered after the neighbours complained of foul stench coming out of her apartment.
she was diabetic and had a gangrene on her foot
her body is lying unclaimed at cooper hospital morgue,
isn't it sad
nobody deserves this kind of death
may her soul rests in peace
Thats too sad.... :oops: :oops:

Premedtomed said:
Has onyone seen Yuva??

Pretty good movie!
yeah..yuva is a cool movie.
What abt PAGE 3(yes,thats the name of the movie.....)Its tells the truth abt movie stars n the high class....a real nice movie!!

parasiteatwork said:
Has Anyone seen "Page 3".......

i saw page 3
it is a nice movie, something differant than the regular bollywood movies
it is about people moving in high society circles in bombay and how they live an artificial life
it is reccomended for people who like reality and serious type of movies
since I spent most of my life in bombay, I really appreciated the movie
Also the Director of this movie "madhur Bhandarkar" had made " chandni bar "
which was a movie about bar girls in bombay and that was also a brilliant movie

chandni bar was an interesting movie. it was so sad, but it showed the reality of those girls. the part where her boy is in jail and gets raped is so sad. that whole movie is sad. :(

1hotaartichoke said:
chandni bar was an interesting movie. it was so sad, but it showed the reality of those girls. the part where her boy is in jail and gets raped is so sad. that whole movie is sad. :(

yes, chandni bar was a sad movie but unfortunately depicted the real story of bar girls in bombay, how they get exploited by the society and what they have to go through to make a living
I thought Tabu was brilliant in that movie and the rest of the girls were actually bar girls in real life

nimeshshingala said:
yes, chandni bar was a sad movie but unfortunately depicted the real story of bar girls in bombay, how they get exploited by the society and what they have to go through to make a living
I thought Tabu was brilliant in that movie and the rest of the girls were actually bar girls in real life
CHANDANI BAR was way too sad........
Raincoat is okay............sad again...
I loved aitraaz.........copy of Disclosure....yet a bold step for Indian cinema.... :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone see the movie Flavours? It's another ABCD type movie which was ok. I still love American Desi and American Chai. But I haven't seen "Where's the Party Yaar?" as of yet.

Cannot remember the name of the movie (begins with an R), but I was watching a best of 2004 songs tape yesterday and saw this really cool song with Abishek Bachan and Bipasha Basu called "One love". This song should hit MTV - mostly in English and has a really good rap tune to it. Anyone see this song?

Has anyone seen 'the road to laddhak'.....???

parasiteatwork said:
Has anyone seen 'the road to laddhak'.....???
Nope, is it a documentary? Or a drama based on a real story?

sunny-
i have no idea..i just wanted to know abt the movie before downloading it!!!

GUYS...."Black" is a must watch!!!!! Rani and BIG B have totally redefined Bollywood and kudos to Sanjay Leela Bhansali....I loved the movie

sunny123 said:
Nope, is it a documentary? Or a drama based on a real story?
Its a horrible horrible movie...dont ever watch it ...you will hate it...there is no story...no acting....no humor nothing.....look for some better way to waste your time!! :eek: :eek:

Akshay said:
GUYS...."Black" is a must watch!!!!! Rani and BIG B have totally redefined Bollywood and kudos to Sanjay Leela Bhansali....I loved the movie
yes...Black is a Beauty....Excellent movie...Amust watch !!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

parasiteatwork said:
Its a horrible horrible movie...dont ever watch it ...you will hate it...there is no story...no acting....no humor nothing.....look for some better way to waste your time!! :eek: :eek:

Thanks for the warning para ;)

I don't plan on watching Mr. Bacchan's newest flick, cause frankly, the man cannot act. :scared:

*sunny runs and hides* :smuggrin:

Truth_Betold was referring to a film by Deepa Mehta, about two lesbian women (Shabana Azmi and Nandita Das), the film's name was Fire, and it was pretty good. Earth was also good, and I am eagerly waiting for Water (who knows when the mob will get off the director's back).

Anyone see Mira Nair's "Monsoon Wedding"? That was one good film, with some great direction and photography.

parasiteatwork said:
yes...Black is a Beauty....Excellent movie...Amust watch !!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Yes certainly balck is a beautiful movie but it would have been more enjoyable had it been original one. Visit www.bollycat.com

sunny123 said:
Thanks for the warning para ;)

I don't plan on watching Mr. Bacchan's newest flick, cause frankly, the man cannot act. :scared:

*sunny runs and hides* :smuggrin:

Truth_Betold was referring to a film by Deepa Mehta, about two lesbian women (Shabana Azmi and Nandita Das), the film's name was Fire, and it was pretty good. Earth was also good, and I am eagerly waiting for Water (who knows when the mob will get off the director's back).

Anyone see Mira Nair's "Monsoon Wedding"? That was one good film, with some great direction and photography.
sunny- you r the first person whom i have met who doesnt like amitabh's acting....why is that???

Has anyone seen [/I]Mugahal- e- Azam in colour. Surely a watchable movie.

I don't know really, I guess it is just a personal preference :D . I guess the man recieves so much attention and devotion (have you seen the shrines people make of him?) just for being an actor, that I think it is really undeserved.

When growing up, Amitabh was my cousin's favourite, while Amrish Puri was my favourite (because of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom).

shardul said:
Has anyone seen [/I]Mugahal- e- Azam in colour. Surely a watchable movie.
I have seen the black and white version, and I still enjoyed it.

parasiteatwork said:
sunny- you r the first person whom i have met who doesnt like amitabh's acting....why is that???
i don;t really like his acting either...
its just so monotonous now...

sunny123 said:
I don't know really, I guess it is just a personal preference :D . I guess the man recieves so much attention and devotion (have you seen the shrines people make of him?) just for being an actor, that I think it is really undeserved.

When growing up, Amitabh was my cousin's favourite, while Amrish Puri was my favourite (because of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom).

georgie boy
you have a preference for bald people
amrish puri, geroge costanza etc etc
George%20Costanza%20from%20Seinfeld-Roberts%202.jpg
2010_amrishpuri.jpg

^ Apparently the baldies are the best actors out there ;)

Let's not forget about Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard), Kelsey Grammer (Fraiser), Avery Brooks (Captain Sisko), Samuel Jackson, Bruce Willis, and many others...

Plus, I sport the dome during the summer time (best when playing tennis). I got shaggy hair that keeps growing, but now, its on the short, presentable side (never know when an interview will come up :D ).

nimeshshingala said:
georgie boy
you have a preference for bald people
amrish puri, geroge costanza etc etc
George%20Costanza%20from%20Seinfeld-Roberts%202.jpg
2010_amrishpuri.jpg
Baldness....ha ha
baldness-hero.jpg

Anyone see the documentary "Born into Brothels"? It was about children in Calcutta's red light district, who were taught photography. It also won this year's Oscar for Best Documentary. Anyways, I asked my university to order it for our media library. Unfortunately, I haven't come across a trailer for the movie.

sunny123 said:
Anyone see the documentary "Born into Brothels"? It was about children in Calcutta's red light district, who were taught photography. It also won this year's Oscar for Best Documentary. Anyways, I asked my university to order it for our media library. Unfortunately, I haven't come across a trailer for the movie.

Sunny boy,
here's the link to the official website no trailers though

http://www.kids-with-cameras.org/bornintobrothels/film.php

^ Yeah I visited the site before. Thanks anyways..