Dental Schools that take classes in Medical School (CBSE/USMLE Study)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

duncamunk

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Long story short I'm a resident who's trying to look at CBSE/USMLE correlations. I'm interested in knowing which dental programs have their basic science training (i.e., the first two years of classes, such as biochem and physiology) integrated with a medical school. UConn is one example I'm familiar with. I need to know which other schools have dental and medical students taking the same courses. Y'all's help is greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

Long story short I'm a resident who's trying to look at CBSE/USMLE correlations. I'm interested in knowing which dental programs have their basic science training (i.e., the first two years of classes, such as biochem and physiology) integrated with a medical school. UConn is one example I'm familiar with. I need to know which other schools have dental and medical students taking the same courses. Y'all's help is greatly appreciated!
Harvard
Columbia
UConn

..that's it

Reactions: 1 users
I think Stony Brook does too but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
VCU has the same medical school professors (and lectures) for some of its courses (anatomy, physiology, histology, pharmacology, neuro, microbiology and a few others). Still you gotta study a lot outside of the lectures if you wanna do well all the CBSE because it is nowhere near enough material.

VCU has the same medical school professors (and lectures) for some of its courses (anatomy, physiology, histology, pharmacology, neuro, microbiology and a few others). Still you gotta study a lot outside of the lectures if you wanna do well all the CBSE because it is nowhere near enough material.

That's how my predoctoral classes were, but you're not in class with medical students, correct? My understanding is that, even tho it's the same professors, the course objectives and curriculum are different from the medical school course.

That's how my predoctoral classes were, but you're not in class with medical students, correct? My understanding is that, even tho it's the same professors, the course objectives and curriculum are different from the medical school course.

Yes, they are different. For example, gross anatomy is only covered diaphragm and up. Nothing below that