CBSE - February 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FosterWallace

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Big day tomorrow.

Whats everyone doing on the last day? Taking it easy? FA rapid review?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Relaxing and casually reviewing some stuff that has been bugging me recently, I think it is all mindset at this point, we put in the work, going to see the results. Rest up and break a leg tomorrow!

Relaxing and casually reviewing some stuff that has been bugging me recently, I think it is all mindset at this point, we put in the work, going to see the results. Rest up and break a leg tomorrow!
Same to you

Gonna try and watch every episode of the bear before 10pm

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck to us all tomorrow. The wait is finally over!

Reactions: 1 users
Thought it wasn't bad. I thought blocks 1 and 4 were easier than 2 and 3. Ethics was surprisingly straightforward thankfully. Idk If its just me but i feel like a lot of "high yield topics" weren't rly tested. Oh well. Till Friday we wait!

Last edited:
Was only confident on prolly 50 questions on the entire exam 😕

don't post information about what was covered on the exam

Thought it wasn't bad. I thought blocks 1 and 4 were easier than 2 and 3. Ethics was surprisingly straightforward thankfully. Idk If its just me but i feel like a lot of "high yield topics" weren't rly tested. Oh well. Till Friday we wait!

Felt exactly like that on my exam too. Maybe the NBME is moving away from “high-yield” material and now is focusing on encompassing the full medical curriculum. Either way, good job to anyone who took this exam! There aren’t many people who have the guts to do it.

Agreed. Lots of HY topics barely covered. Didn’t know much of any questions at all. I’ll see the exam again for round two next time…

Members don't see this ad :)
Felt exactly like that on my exam too. Maybe the NBME is moving away from “high-yield” material and now is focusing on encompassing the full medical curriculum. Either way, good job to anyone who took this exam! There aren’t many people who have the guts to do it.
If this is the case then how do we go about studying? I truly felt todays exam required deep understanding of many HY topics that I did not see fully explained in Uworld or first aid. Maybe amboss would’ve been better?

If this is the case then how do we go about studying? I truly felt todays exam required deep understanding of many HY topics that I did not see fully explained in Uworld or first aid. Maybe amboss would’ve been better?

Either go through the entirety of anking (not very feasible) or go through the first two years of medical school (also not feasible).

Kind of sucks because schools with a medical curriculum will have an even greater advantage over all the other schools.

But if we’re being honest the playing field will never truly be level. The only thing we can do is give it our all regardless of the odds.

Compared to July, this had more HY stuff I’d say

I took a completely different approach to studying this time around, and actually didn’t study at all.

I stopped trying to memorize things and instead looked at the questions as a logical puzzle, with the information being the pieces. Instead of trying to run through my memory of lists of memorization and then picking an answer, I looked at the information and thought about it in the context of “this puzzle piece is this color and/or shape, so I know it goes somewhere over here”. We all know the information, but if you keep trying to just memorize and not truly understand the information, then you’re setting yourself up for failure.

Another analogy: you can memorize the steps of how to ride a bike, anyone can do that and I bet some can even quote the steps verbatim. But when it comes to actually riding the bike for the first time, did that memorization of steps actually translate to riding a bike proficiently? The proficiency comes once you understand the information.

Don’t be discouraged if you don’t get the score you want, this is my 3rd time taking, and it took me 34 years of my life to finally understand learning

Reactions: 4 users
So does anyone know if it’s next Friday that scores come out?

Most recent, by far, but old ones had material that was relevant, I wouldn't cherry pick NBMEs, do them all just spread them out so you have time
when you say most recent which forms are you referring to? 27 - 30?

So does anyone know if it’s next Friday that scores come out?
I hope so... Last night I had a dream about a question I got wrong lol. Cant stop thinking about my stupid mistakes

Are you guys seeing any registrations under "My Exams" on the NBME website or is that just gonna pop up when the scores are released

Are you guys seeing any registrations under "My Exams" on the NBME website or is that just gonna pop up when the scores are released
mine is still there but says administered on 2/3 etc etc

Very discouraged tbh, exam felt low yield and nit-picky. Hoping for the best but not feeling too good. Guess we'll see when scores come out :/ can't wrap my mind around ppl scoring 80+, kudos to them

mine is still there but says administered on 2/3 etc etc
Which website are you checking to see it say administered? I can’t even see I had registered up for the exam

Yeah I use this address and it doesn’t show anything. Even my registration.
Does anyone else have similar experience?
Why don't you contact NBME support?

Last edited:
I contacted before the exam and they said it’s okay….
Ya it doesnt rly matter. I didnt even know this site existed until someone said so. You'll still get your scores in email tomorrow, likely

We still thinking scores tomorrow?

Do you guys think they will give us a positive curve on this one?

Do you guys think they will give us a positive curve on this one?
I wonder too. Since seems that this exam was more difficult and low yield for majority. At least from what I heard people say…

I wonder too. Since seems that this exam was more difficult and low yield for majority. At least from what I heard people say…
do u know what the curve on July was by chance? I tried to determine it but couldn’t lol

do u know what the curve on July was by chance? I tried to determine it but couldn’t lol
Feb 2023 CBSE was curved somewhere around 2%
July 2023 may have been curved by 0.5%

saw this at CBSE - July 2023 thread

I wonder if the curve is just dental students or if it also includes the med students (assuming there are some medical schools requiring students to take CBSE before step 1)

I wonder if the curve is just dental students or if it also includes the med students (assuming there are some medical schools requiring students to take CBSE before step 1)
probably only dental

I don’t know if there is a curve across the entire exam. I think it’s person to person. I know a july test taker who had a 2% curve but mine was lower

got what right?? each question?
yes, it says the topic of the question if you got it right and the percent of ppl who got It right. (E.g. cardiovascular system, anatomy, 53%)

got what right?? each question?
There is one report that has your overall score and breakdown by topic. And another that shows all 200 questions with the topic/what was being tested and if you got it right and % of people who got it right b

Anyways…. What time should we expect the results to be released tomorrow? Just in case…