CBSE - February 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Apparently the email ends up in most people’s spam folder so don’t blindly delete your spam emails tomorrow 💀

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
14 months all decided tomorrow. F*** me.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I felt devastated walking out the test center. But after reading the previous forums, i regained hope. Just gotta hope for the best and move forward no matter the result

Reactions: 2 users
if not released today, going to be next Tuesday or Friday? or could take longer...?

I did not get any attachments. only a link to a file. but I heard there should be 2 files?

Members don't see this ad :)
63. Disappointed for sure, but it was a good first run. See some of yall in July ✌️

Where do you login to see scores? Nothing is posted in my NBME portal and I didn’t get an email lol.

Where do you login to see scores? Nothing is posted in my NBME portal and I didn’t get an email lol.
check spam inbox, mine was there and apparently there for a lot of ppl. nothing popped up in my portal either

63. Disappointed for sure, but it was a good first run. See some of yall in July ✌️
How long did you prep for / what did you do to study? This was my first attempt w/ v v minimal studying so I knew to not expect what i need. thanks

Did better than my first attempt, but definitely thought i did better. Does anyone know what the "bare minimum" to apply is?

Was this CBSE EPC score similar or near to any of the NBME 25-30 practice test?

Not bad.. its like 70 old score.
Was your EPC score matching the NBME practice test?
what do you mean old score? I did NBME 20 but I gave up 3 blocks because I was getting a lot wrong, thought I would do bad on real deal so I didn’t do any more NBMEs

69 EPC. Don't know if to be happy with all the new crazy scores. But 69/211 seems pretty good to me.

Seems like the safe zone to get interviews is around 63-70 EPC

How long did you prep for / what did you do to study? This was my first attempt w/ v v minimal studying so I knew to not expect what i need. thanks
Did anki for a bit for pharm biochem and some cardio and endocrine. I was doing some usmle rx while I was doing that. Then when August hit I dropped anki and did amboss, 50% complete until November. Then uworld 80% complete until test day. No NBMEs except 20 and I stopped 3 blocks in because I was missing a lot, thought I might retake in July

65 epc - told myself anything less than a 72 epc would be retake so looks like I’m running it back

Last edited:
Did anki for a bit for pharm biochem and some cardio and endocrine. I was doing some usmle rx while I was doing that. Then when August hit I dropped anki and did amboss, 50% complete until November. Then uworld 80% complete until test day. No NBMEs except 20 and I stopped 3 blocks in because I was missing a lot, thought I might retake in July
was Amboss helpful? UWorld random or subject wise and what was the average like?

Going by the 2024 match thread here, it seems like many people with mid-high 60s EPC got close to 20 interviews.

I have a feeling the EPC scoring system is harder/not accurate to the leaked conversion tables. Maybe it's due to COVID being over but it seems like you should add ~10 to your EPC to compare your competitiveness to the old scoring systems of previous years.

was Amboss helpful? UWorld random or subject wise and what was the average like?
I think everything I did helped, I got qs right because of anki uworld and amboss, and I probably a lot wrong because I didn’t complete my resources. Did uworld random, amboss some subject wise, rest random

Last edited:
so I see some programs want official reports? how does sending an official report work? or they will verify it themselves?

61 EPC first time taking it. Not sure what this means in terms of applying for programs. Any thoughts/suggestions?

78 EPC

First time taking it, studied intensely for about 6 months.

I felt much better walking out of this than I did any NBME, so I knew I did better. That being said, I always took my NBME scores with a grain of salt because I would get distracted and not take them seriously. I would start zoning out in the third block and my scores always reflected that, lol. Obviously knew with the adrenaline I would be more locked in for the real deal.

NBME 26 - 63% 5 weeks out
NBME 27 - 61% 4 weeks out
NBME 29 - 68% 2 weeks out
NBME 30 - 63% 1.5 weeks out (this one crushed my confidence lol)
NBME 28 - 69%, next day after I took 30
Free 120 - 70%, next day after 28
NBME 25 - 68%, next day after free 120
NBME 31 - 71%, 4 days before the test

Good luck to everyone.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users
78 EPC

First time taking it, studied intensely for about 6 months.

I felt much better walking out of this than I did any NBME, so I knew I did better. That being said, I always took my NBME scores with a grain of salt because I would get distracted and not take them seriously. I would start zoning out in the third block and my scores always reflected that, lol. Obviously knew with the adrenaline I would be more locked in for the real deal.

NBME 26 - 63% 5 weeks out
NBME 27 - 61% 4 weeks out
NBME 29 - 68% 2 weeks out
NBME 30 - 63% 1.5 weeks out (this one crushed my confidence lol)
NBME 28 - 69%, next day after I took 30
Free 120 - 70%, next day after 28
NBME 25 - 68%, next day after free 120
NBME 31 - 71%, 4 days before the test

Feels good to be done. This test is a beast, but I think anyone can do it. I think the reason a lot of people don't do well is because they dont respect it in a way. I was like this at first too. You have to know going in that this is 2 years of med school material that we dont learn, and it is tested in a way completely foreign to most of us. Even subjects I was strong in during school didactics (i.e cardio) I would always get wrong on Uworld until I accepted I know nothing and basically learned from scratch. Good luck to everyone.

Congrats on the amazing score!

40 EPC and second time taking it.... so disappointed and honestly going to give up on this

69 EPC. Scoring a 48 on NMBE 25 8 weeks out lit a fire under my ass. Scored a 71 on NBME 31 1 week out. The NBME's were very representative for me

Reactions: 5 users
40 EPC and second time taking it.... so disappointed and honestly going to give up on this
Don't give up. 3 more attempts to go. Did you not do practice NBME? try Uworld do it in tutor mode, if you have time do 2 pass of U world.

Got a 68 EPC, first pass. Worth going for a second? I'm applying for dental anesthesia so it's difficult to find any sort of consensus on score requirements.