Deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

s432000

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! GPA and clinical experience wise, I feel like I'm competitive, but my MCAT scores are definitely the weaker parts of my app. Unfortunately, I scored a 504 on both my MCATs from Aug 2021 and Mar 2022. I decided to apply this cycle rather than rush another MCAT attempt in order to get my app complete in time. I was also not sure whether or not I wanted to take another gap year because I'd like to be able to start med school sooner than later. Fortunately, I've received interview invites to two DO schools. Especially because I now work full time, I'm not sure whether or not I should skip another MCAT and do my best this cycle, or if I should continue with my app and start studying for a third MCAT retake. Any advice as to if I should prep for another MCAT and why? Also, my stats were on another post in the past if ya'll want to take a look for more details. Thanks in advance!
Did you study your hardest for your two prior MCAT retakes? If so, the 504 scores are likely representative of your knowledge base and test-taking abilities. However, if not, then you could do your best this cycle and plan on retaking your MCAT in Spring 2023 if you do not have an acceptance by that time. Just my thoughts.

Link to OP's stats/background

Reactions: 2 users
To avoid having to dig around, what are your overall and science GPAs? Can you also post your school list ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you study your hardest for your two prior MCAT retakes? If so, the 504 scores are likely representative of your knowledge base and test-taking abilities. However, if not, then you could do your best this cycle and plan on retaking your MCAT in Spring 2023 if you do not have an acceptance by that time. Just my thoughts.

Link to OP's stats/background
On my first attempt, I focused too much on memorization and on the second attempt, I felt much more comfortable and knew why a lot of the right answers were right and why the wrong answers were wrong on practice problems and exams. Overall, I was doing really well on my practice aamc exams ranging from 512-519. However, there was a very loud party in my apartment complex (perfect timing) the night before my exam so didn’t sleep well at all. The morning of my exam, I felt exhausted but figured I wanted to just get it out of the way.

To plan for a retake, would studying starting around this October and taking the exam late March to April 2023 be doable while working 40 hours a week?

To avoid having to dig around, what are your overall and science GPAs? Can you also post your school list ?
I felt like I should’ve linked it because I underestimated how much I’ve posted.

Thanks Moko for posting the link to my stats and school list!

Status
Not open for further replies.